Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

THS posted:

whats the bourdain murder theory, i want to believe

his girlfriend asia argento was one of the women who accused harvey weinstein of sexual assault

edit: also, said girlfriend was accused of sex pestery with a teenage boy as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

ain't got to be a good person to be a victim

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

bourdain wasnt perfect but his show was genuinely one of the only alternatives to Cable News fearmongering americans had to view the rest if the world. removing his humanizing depiction of Iran is just so blatant

Yeah despite the flaws you could tell he genuinely enjoyed meeting people all over the world and enjoy hospitality from different cultures.

It's hilariously backwards how a big tech company would yank a episode which showed Iranians in a positive light like their hospitality and great sense of humor in the episode.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

tbf some of those episodes got bleak towards the end

like in the rome episode where he's visibly disappointed in every person he meets for being an open fascist or the argentina episode where its so desolate he gets suicidal ideations

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bro Dad posted:

tbf some of those episodes got bleak towards the end

like in the rome episode where he's visibly disappointed in every person he meets for being an open fascist or the argentina episode where its so desolate he gets suicidal ideations

Also the time he realized he had no choice but to try the pickled shark.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

etalian posted:

No black van with guys could do the needful for this?

not a very steep curb on that street; dont even need the van

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Spergin Morlock posted:

his girlfriend asia argento was one of the women who accused harvey weinstein of sexual assault

edit: also, said girlfriend was accused of sex pestery with a teenage boy as well

Sex pests all the way down

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

bourdain wasnt perfect but his show was genuinely one of the only alternatives to Cable News fearmongering americans had to view the rest if the world. removing his humanizing depiction of Iran is just so blatant
people here were gleefully mocking his death because he was secretly an imperialist stooge or something

cargo cult has issued a correction as of 00:07 on Jan 17, 2020

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://twitter.com/alibaroodi/status/1217920646350549010?s=21

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i know bourdains fmr. barber. he was very distraught

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

i know bourdains fmr. barber. he was very distraught

you might as well be digging into his grave or picking your way into where they keep his urn

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Victory Position posted:

you might as well be digging into his grave or picking your way into where they keep his urn

this barber, ray is very broken up. he needs the closure

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

cargo cult posted:

people here were gleefully mocking his death because he was secretly an imperialist stooge or something

he had some dumb opinions irt communism but iirc i gave a few long probations to the one or two morons doing that

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/harrysiegel/status/1217800420015382528

THS
Sep 15, 2017

gently caress sanders is going to lose all the people who both vividly remember and still are mad about the iran hostages. people who were definitely going to otherwise vote for him

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

THS posted:

gently caress sanders is going to lose all the people who both vividly remember and still are mad about the iran hostages. people who were definitely going to otherwise vote for him

Jimmy Carter?

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

he really was one of the best americans

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

so he was a republican just like warren?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Wait the dril tweet was based on this

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/secpompeo/status/1217989779964485632?s=21

pompeo thinks Iraqis speak Farsi lmfao holy gently caress

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

https://twitter.com/markcurtis30/status/1218095144051920896?s=20

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

What's even the rationale for this? Why did someone at Hulu decide to remove the episode? Iran is now our current geopolitical enemy, that's why all past depictions of the country must be removed? Are only morons working at Hulu?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Lambert posted:

What's even the rationale for this? Why did someone at Hulu decide to remove the episode? Iran is now our current geopolitical enemy, that's why all past depictions of the country must be removed? Are only morons working at Hulu?

half the people interviewed in the episode got locked up by the iranian government right after filming (jason rezaian got released just last month) so its probably more about that :shrug:

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

I was going to vote for bernie because I have compatible ideological predilections and believe in the transformative power of his policy slate

but the hostages from 40 years ago...

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Bro Dad posted:

half the people interviewed in the episode got locked up by the iranian government right after filming (jason rezaian got released just last month) so its probably more about that :shrug:
were they even vocally critical of the regime? I i remember rezaian saying on camera how much he liked it there and wanted to move there permanently

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lol

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://twitter.com/freeira84388129/status/1217988560726282240?s=21

Hate when I do a revolution and 40 years later the surviving royalty is still being used to destroy us

Fast Luck has issued a correction as of 21:15 on Jan 17, 2020

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

my country yearns to make me its king

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

what's his username

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Fast Luck posted:

Hate when I do a revolution and 40 years the surviving royalty is still being used to destroy us

people still shed fat crocodile tears over the Romanovs but the Russians had it right. folks, leave no survivors of your ruling dynasty

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

remind me who owns Hulu and what other business interests they have that necessitate forever war with Iran

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao do the resnicks own Hulu too

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao do the resnicks own Hulu too

no but they do own a wine company which I'm sure would love for the US to kinetically wrench open that market again

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

Fuzzy McDoom posted:

remind me who owns Hulu and what other business interests they have that necessitate forever war with Iran

I realized I could just look it up myself. Apparently Hulu's ownership has become less complicated in recent years:

Owners
The Walt Disney Company
(67% equity; full control)[2]
Comcast
(33% equity; silent partner)

So, no, it wasn't a GE subsidiary or whatever I thought with vested interests in the energy and weapons sectors, it's literally just Disney's compulsion to be the thought police

Siamang
Nov 15, 2003
That particular episode is still easy to find floating around online and is worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

Yeah it was a good episode. I've watched through almost the whole series but can't bring myself to watch the final season

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fuzzy McDoom posted:

I realized I could just look it up myself. Apparently Hulu's ownership has become less complicated in recent years:

Owners
The Walt Disney Company
(67% equity; full control)[2]
Comcast
(33% equity; silent partner)

So, no, it wasn't a GE subsidiary or whatever I thought with vested interests in the energy and weapons sectors, it's literally just Disney's compulsion to be the thought police

lol disney owns disney plus and hulu. double dipping assholes

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

comcast doesnt get to make money off frozen

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

comedyblissoption posted:

my country yearns to make me its king
They really really want cocaine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

looks like his main destructive jihad was actually against his dinner table.