Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

frajaq posted:

so after you're done with the epilogue storyline and can try to summon Sirus forever how do the conquerors work, if for example Baran appear in one corner of the map do you HAVE to kill him so others can spawn or can they all spawn until 4 atlas zones have their influence? (and then you kill them to make Sirus appear)

the Wiki posted:

Each Conqueror can have one available Citadel on the Atlas at the same time. Meaning, leaving a Citadel map for later will not prevent you from discovering Citadels from other Conquerors if they don't have one yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Fister Roboto posted:

Extremely good. It would be like having 85-86% max elemental res, assuming you have no other source of max res.

Assuming my napkin math is correct.

Isn't it more like 89? Assuming he's over capped enough to hit the new max chaos res of 85%

Edit: unless I'm remembering the order wrong on damage taken as

Checked wiki, I was remembering wrong

Magus42 fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jan 17, 2020

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
"Taken as" happens all at once. It does not work like conversion.
50% of elemental taken as chaos with 75% elemental res and 85% chaos res means a 1000 damage ele hit goes to 500 of each, which is then 125 and 75, 200 total. That's equivalent to 80% ele res.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Magus42 posted:

Isn't it more like 89? Assuming he's over capped enough to hit the new max chaos res of 85%

Edit: unless I'm remembering the order wrong on damage taken as

Nah we're both wrong.

You take 1000 fire damage, which gets converted to 500 fire and 500 chaos. Resistances apply at this point, so now it's 125 fire and 75 chaos for a total of 200. So it's effectively 80% max res.

efb

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
It’s especially bad because loving up can cost you an Exalt worth of map fragments. It would be cool if there was an arena where you could practice against the ghost of the shaper or elder.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

Zenithe posted:

I will loan you my Headhunter on the condition you give your kid a go and post about it.

Haha, why do you think I want the headhunter to begin with? :)
Most friday's after school when I get home from work, my daughter is at swimming lessons so me and him are at home together. We catch up on the gamer for life videos and everytime someone gets a HH, he yells and cheers.
He picked up on people using ancient orbs on them and now he wants me to save ours so he can try that. I have 4 or 5 so far, so that will end in big dissapointment. :)

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Acht posted:

He picked up on people using ancient orbs on them and now he wants me to save ours so he can try that. I have 4 or 5 so far, so that will end in big dissapointment. :)

it's how i got mine in harbinger although the cost was slightly less than 62 chaos per try

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Acht posted:

Haha, why do you think I want the headhunter to begin with? :)
Most friday's after school when I get home from work, my daughter is at swimming lessons so me and him are at home together. We catch up on the gamer for life videos and everytime someone gets a HH, he yells and cheers.

What's your IGN?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Jazerus posted:

i personally hate the dodge focus of the poe endgame and atziri in particular. i don't really play arpgs for precision movement puzzles. most of the bosses are okay because you can make a mistake and if you're at full health with decent life/es/mana you'll survive, but the ones where you have to be aware of the exact position of your cursor at all times or die are brutal.

Not sound like an rear end, but the only movement puzzle at atziri is "dont stand in the bright flashing circles when they go off".
Fail that and youre dead, even i find that fair.

"Guess if theres a degen that will kill you half dead before the animation kicks in" is bullshit, same as "boss can 360noscope you while damaging outside his visual hitbox" and "entire arena is 7 shades of the same color"

When i say "you can do atziri with 1 hp" im not talking about instaphasing or cheesing.
I mean the fight is clear, clean, and you can *not get hit* with pure skill (no, i cant do it).

I cant really think pf any boss that can be played like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm8rKtv33Yg

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

The days before item filters were in the game :barf:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

whypick1 posted:

The days before item filters were in the game :barf:

I am hoping they take the time in Poe2 to solve the problem they wanted to solve where loot filters became mandatory and in turn fixes the issue where revealing loot can lag the game for several seconds.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

Zenithe posted:

What's your IGN?

bobsbestfriend is my accountname.
I'm usually online on a variation of Finndad, Finnsdad, Finnsdaddy this league. I didn't think this through, as it comes off quite weird when I joined 5555 this league, haha.

I will ask him this afternoon if he would like to try it out. Regardless, really friendly of you! I can't wait to see his face when he gets souleater etc and becomes huge.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

For being such an "OMG, gotta have it" mod, the a/v effects of the chest explosion mod sure are lackluster, especially compared to Herald of Ice or Profane Bloom.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

whypick1 posted:

For being such an "OMG, gotta have it" mod, the a/v effects of the chest explosion mod sure are lackluster, especially compared to Herald of Ice or Profane Bloom.

I always wondered how strong the chest mod actually is. Trash dies instantly on t16 anyway, so I think it's mainly fun vs Metas after the first transition where adds join? At least, that's the case for my Bane alt with Profane Bloom.

I'm likely underestimating something, but I'd like to know what. I need to decide what to craft on my Saviour Cycloner.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

From my sample size of 2 maps, it helps a tiny bit with fully clearing mobs and putting a dent into bosses that have a bunch of adds, but it's not a vast improvement on my build considering I'm at 1.6M Shaper DPS in PoB.

That being said, I haven't run anything with those porcupine fuckers yet. My tune might change then.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Acht posted:

bobsbestfriend is my accountname.
I'm usually online on a variation of Finndad, Finnsdad, Finnsdaddy this league. I didn't think this through, as it comes off quite weird when I joined 5555 this league, haha.

I will ask him this afternoon if he would like to try it out. Regardless, really friendly of you! I can't wait to see his face when he gets souleater etc and becomes huge.

When I saw the name Finnsdad in 5555 I immediately assumed it was you.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I cant really think pf any boss that can be played like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm8rKtv33Yg

That guy got pixels from dying on the second spear barrage. Or maybe it was evaded/dodged. Seemed like a couple times he got winged by single spears too.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

Dance Officer posted:

When I saw the name Finnsdad in 5555 I immediately assumed it was you.

:)
He named his character Finnnnnnnn (lot was taken obviously) and I already had the dutch versions PapavanFinn etc. So here we are. He's level 84 now, his highest. Berserker Nagahamu Cyclone.

Have to say, 5555 channel is really fun generally. Met some very nice people (hi clocks!) and it's fun to share some stuff / see a bunch of insane items pass chat. Also works well to buy currency off eachother and the likes.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Acht posted:

I always wondered how strong the chest mod actually is. Trash dies instantly on t16 anyway, so I think it's mainly fun vs Metas after the first transition where adds join? At least, that's the case for my Bane alt with Profane Bloom.

I'm likely underestimating something, but I'd like to know what. I need to decide what to craft on my Saviour Cycloner.

These are the kind of mods that really rely on being supported by long range knock on effects. Something like Commandment of Blades glove enchantment works wonderfully: on hit it fires 3 projectiles, quickly, far off screen, that each chain 4 times, that are each capable of killing multiple white mobs, so you end up killing a pack you run into, and then incidentally killing another 2-3 screens around you as your projectiles chain and explode other packs.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

pokchu posted:

These are the kind of mods that really rely on being supported by long range knock on effects. Something like Commandment of Blades glove enchantment works wonderfully: on hit it fires 3 projectiles, quickly, far off screen, that each chain 4 times, that are each capable of killing multiple white mobs, so you end up killing a pack you run into, and then incidentally killing another 2-3 screens around you as your projectiles chain and explode other packs.

Thanks, that's a fun mechanic I didn't know about. Might as well try for it if craft regardless. Although an extra curse would be far more amazing..

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
For what it’s worth, I find the fossil craft -15 cost to socketed attacks to be the most important mod you can have on your chest as a non-CoC cyclone in terms of overall smoothness of gameplay.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Acht posted:

Thanks, that's a fun mechanic I didn't know about. Might as well try for it if craft regardless. Although an extra curse would be far more amazing..

Enchantments and corruption implicits are no longer mutually exclusive, so go hog wild!

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

whydirt posted:

For what it’s worth, I find the fossil craft -15 cost to socketed attacks to be the most important mod you can have on your chest as a non-CoC cyclone in terms of overall smoothness of gameplay.

Yeah for sure. I have a basic 6l with -15, but trying to craft an Actual Good One, along with that mod. Fun to try and aim for.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

ah good, so its just the RNG loving me with this, cool

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Acht posted:

Yeah for sure. I have a basic 6l with -15, but trying to craft an Actual Good One, along with that mod. Fun to try and aim for.
That affix is pretty common. Before I quit the league, I sold a bunch of justicar bases with the craft. I mostly did serrated + pristine + metallic, as metallic blocks the phys reflect prefix. It certainly doesn't guarantee that you will get a good life roll, but sometimes you get something juicy.

Xenthalon
Jun 28, 2010
Alright, I did it, Sirius is down. This was my first league of PoE, I had last played the game when it still had 3 acts... there were LOTS of new systems to learn.

I played the silly broken skellymancer build, got lucky during the campaign and already got my 6l armor from a card draw and didn't really change gear after map rank 5 or something. Entirely SSF (because I was scared of trading :D) I still downed Sirius on my first try, just one death.

That build sure is broken, I didn't really have to engage with any boss mechanics, just stand back and evade. Still a good build for a newbie, it leaves a lot of time to learn all the delve/temple/incursion etc mechanics. Gonna play a more active build next league though :)

Keep posting men, I keep learning a lot from this thread.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So whats the benefit of high tier maps for Jun missions? If I just want to mess with how the syndicate is set-up?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Higher tiered veiled mods require higher ilvl items, but as far as Syndicate rewards go, shouldn't be any effect (besides probable boredom on your part).

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

frajaq posted:

So whats the benefit of high tier maps for Jun missions? If I just want to mess with how the syndicate is set-up?

Means you get high tier safe houses and a high tier mastermind.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

whypick1 posted:

Higher tiered veiled mods require higher ilvl items, but as far as Syndicate rewards go, shouldn't be any effect (besides probable boredom on your part).

Is there anywhere to see the tier of veiled mods? Just had a quick look on poedb but nothing jumped out at me.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
Drox is the loving worst. Not sure what to do now to beat his DPS check.

What should I have in terms of tooltip DPS to beat him at 4 stones? Arc build if it matters.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

RossCo posted:

Is there anywhere to see the tier of veiled mods? Just had a quick look on poedb but nothing jumped out at me.

I don't think there is a convenient way. Best I came up with was going to the item type, down to the crafting bench section, then clicking on stuff to see if it was from Jun or Helena (or you could look at the list of the Jun mods on the wiki, which of course don't have the tiers).

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

MisterZimbu posted:

Drox is the loving worst. Not sure what to do now to beat his DPS check.

What should I have in terms of tooltip DPS to beat him at 4 stones? Arc build if it matters.

Not much... but not many will know what the ingame number should be, you're best showing us your char/path of building.

Drox shouldn't be that much of a struggle, it's a sign that you're missing the required defensive / offensive tools

Deegan
Dec 12, 2008
This is my first character in Metamorph, and 3rd ever, and I'm trying the 3.9 KING OF ALL SUMMONERS from the PoE website. I'm lvl 45 and I'm trying to figure out the playstyle. Are the skeletons ever permanent? I tried spectres last season and liked that they stuck around. I've watched a few videos and I don't see the skeleton key getting spammed in those videos. I don't have vaal yet.

It seems as if skeletons are supposed to be the main DPS of the build, but I'm ending up with my zombies and raging spirits doing most of the work because the skellies don't stay around long enough. Should I be treating my skellies as my right mouse cast instead of my raging spirits?

I know I'm not at the end game, but I'm trying to decide if I want to keep going or switch my build. Any insight would be appreciated as the guide seems to focus on all end game builds and there isn't much in regards to midgame order of operations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You have to keep recasting Skellies .

They are crazy aggressive tho with feeding frenzy so it’s fine.

Deegan
Dec 12, 2008

euphronius posted:

You have to keep recasting Skellies .

They are crazy aggressive tho with feeding frenzy so it’s fine.

Do you feel like it slows your runs down; having to stop and cast over and over?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Deegan posted:

Do you feel like it slows your runs down; having to stop and cast over and over?

No. Cast speed is quick and you eventually summon 4 at a time

You only cast them once on bosses.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Deegan posted:

the idea is your zombies and specters kill chaff while you charge through them, and you only dps with skeletons on bosses

but while levelling this doesn't work, yet, so go a bit slower

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah eventually you can flame dash / convocate / cyclone cwc spirit offering across a map and zombies nuke everything

If that is the Build you are following

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

Zenithe posted:

I will loan you my Headhunter on the condition you give your kid a go and post about it.

So this actually happened. :)

I told him someone from "the forum where I posted our playthrough" wanted to lend him a HH and I think he said "For real?" about 7 times while smiling.
He doesn't really know what the belt does and it was quite difficult to explain. Experiencing is probably best, so we did some maps. Nemesis/Beyond. He was laughing all the way through, haha. Especially Soul Eater I think? Where he gets massive. He kept yelling he "glitched". Other highlights were becoming razor fast, which he absolutely loved! He didn't kill anything, but just zoomed across and back. :D

There were also a few buffs that teleported him all over the place, which seemed to irritate him slightly. That's life, kid. Can't all be winners.

Massive thanks again, Zenithe. And before anyone notices, my son really doesn't understand the username from Zenithe. ;)