Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Yes, I too love dying because of RNG instead of actual skill based things :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

The red zone will be awesome if it destroys buildings. They did in Arma 3 BR.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
I think the blackzone sounds cool

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

lol at the idea of a 2x2 map. Just go dm in csgo

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
It gets better, the actual playable size is like 1x1 because almost half of it's water.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

This is so loving stupid. It's nice I'll be back to wanting to play only 2 maps instead of three.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

I can't wait to get ear raped by all the noise pollution in the new map.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Literally the best part of the patch notes is they further reduced the ambient noise on night time Vikendi. And then they removed Vikendi from the rotation :v:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
They fixed Vikendi, and since it was perfect and could no longer be improved, they hit the 'delete map' button to keep the legacy intact.

And/or they couldn't figure out how to add a 5th map to the lobby screen (this is the real reason)

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
The real reason is map saturation and queue time and it totally makes sense.

Vikendi was my least favorite map, mainly because everyone has the best item in the game with ~40 up and took zero risk to get it.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Remove sanhok for stupid tiny isle map and at least you keep one pathetic tiny baby map thats bad

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Sticky bombs seems tremendously more fair than frags and should replace frags on all maps, and also instead of a red zone with artillery shelling, have a rain of sticky bombs.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Entirely agree. Sticky bombs rule.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

at the very least, give frags the same damage radius as sticky bombs

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Salean posted:

Remove sanhok for stupid tiny isle map and at least you keep one pathetic tiny baby map thats bad

Pretty much this.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Salean posted:

this new map is pretty terrible

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Also these stupid fuckers have re-introduced the "takes 5 minutes to reconnect to the lobby bug" that they'd fixed like 6 months ago

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

So Erangel is still the only good map?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

So Erangel is still the only good map?

Miramar, Vikendi, and this new map all are easily salvagable, but it's pretty clear that Bluehole aren't capable of fixing them. Erangel was a happy accident and it's a miracle they didn't gently caress it up too badly in the visual update.

I honestly want to know who the gently caress is setting the loot tables though. Are the bigger regions just loving nuts about not having loot? Why is there just nothing on the new map's loot tables? Why are there not enough meds on Erangel/Miramar/new map to even heal your body even after looting half a city and killing five dudes? Who thought "3x max scopes, maybe a 4x in a crate" was good for the new map? How did these things even come up as an idea?

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

Hellsau posted:

I honestly want to know who the gently caress is setting the loot tables though. Are the bigger regions just loving nuts about not having loot? Why is there just nothing on the new map's loot tables? Why are there not enough meds on Erangel/Miramar/new map to even heal your body even after looting half a city and killing five dudes? Who thought "3x max scopes, maybe a 4x in a crate" was good for the new map? How did these things even come up as an idea?

This for real. After they bumped up the SR/DMR spawn rate on Vikendi you would literally walk through buildings and find 3-4 M24s. It went from being way too low to way too high.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

pocket pool posted:

This for real. After they bumped up the SR/DMR spawn rate on Vikendi you would literally walk through buildings and find 3-4 M24s. It went from being way too low to way too high.

They increased the SR spawn rate by 700%.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

karakin will be fine once the loot is made better, i really like the terrain and being able to blow holes in stuff makes for some super interesting fights, the bad part comes when you're running around midgame with a pump shotty and an m16 with no scope

also make the siren quieter

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

Hellsau posted:

They increased the SR spawn rate by 700%.

Seems reasonable.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

That doesn’t seem heavy handed at all for the alleged SMG map.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

That map will be hell on Earth on squads. And even more of a clusterfuck that happens mid game when you have all those various pings interacting with one another as the circle shrinks smaller. I guess I look forward to only playing Miramar and Erangel. Good bye MP5k you were the best. :smith:

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I got my first 10+ kill game mostly because of the mp5 the other day, I'm really gonna miss that thing :smith:

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Is this game still full of Hackers?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

daslog posted:

Is this game still full of Hackers?

It never really was "full" of hackers. I've put in a million hours and have maybe run into like, 10-15 cheaters that have killed me and been banned.

Jiro posted:

That map will be hell on Earth on squads. And even more of a clusterfuck that happens mid game when you have all those various pings interacting with one another as the circle shrinks smaller. I guess I look forward to only playing Miramar and Erangel. Good bye MP5k you were the best. :smith:

It's 64 people and half of them are dead by the time the first circle moves. I'm confused as to why you think this. The map is definitely bad for squads though (it has nothing to do with pings interacting or whatever that means though).

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I haven't played PUBG in a little over a year. What are some of the big changes they've made that I should be aware of because I kind of have the urge to start playing again.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

SalTheBard posted:

I haven't played PUBG in a little over a year. What are some of the big changes they've made that I should be aware of because I kind of have the urge to start playing again.

Gunplay, the best part of this game imo, is largely unchanged. They weakened 5.56 just a bit. They added a scope to the Winchester which actually makes it a viable thing to pick up early game on Miramar (and fun to use). A bunch of stuff happened with Vikendi, but it's out of the map rotation currently so I guess that doesn't matter to you. Flare guns are in the game, they are pretty rare and cool to use actually. You can call in a crate, or a BDRM (a big rear end amphibious tank vehicle that you cannot get shot out of. It has a decent amount of health and is really fun in the end games to drive around with the engine cut off). Erangel got a huge visual update and looks nice. The loot is pretty solid on it as well. They added a few areas of hard/terrain cover around the map as well. You can heal while moving now. Healing also isn't instant, it's 2-3 large upticks after you get it off. There is a big rear end shotgun in crates now (it sucks). You can throw melee weapons at people. You can fly gliders in Erangel/Miramar. Spike strips are a thing (it will pop the tires and slide your car out if you run it over).

I'm probably missing a ton of stuff. A bunch of UI/lobby stuff added for stats, player ID's, weapon mastery poo poo.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
You can turn the radio on when driving

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Thom P. Tiers posted:

It never really was "full" of hackers. I've put in a million hours and have maybe run into like, 10-15 cheaters that have killed me and been banned.

It's 64 people and half of them are dead by the time the first circle moves. I'm confused as to why you think this. The map is definitely bad for squads though (it has nothing to do with pings interacting or whatever that means though).

What I'm trying to say is that by third or fourth circle regardless of the map, my frames drop considerably, poo poo starts stuttering really badly, and more often than not it happens when those that are left are converging into the smaller area. Oh and then getting melted by someone from Asia while in the middle of all that poo poo happening who shows that they're moving smoothly on Death Cam.

Then there's always that fun and somewhat rare thing of being in a specific part of a map or running through it and all of a sudden your ping spikes like crazy. Like you move to the left or right and it normalizes, and but going back to that spot everything starts stuttering and showing considerable packet loss and ping spikes.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Gunplay, the best part of this game imo, is largely unchanged. They weakened 5.56 just a bit.

Thats awesome!

quote:

They added a scope to the Winchester which actually makes it a viable thing to pick up early game on Miramar (and fun to use).

Awesome! That was my biggest complaint about the Winchester!

quote:

A bunch of stuff happened with Vikendi, but it's out of the map rotation currently so I guess that doesn't matter to you.

I hadn't played Vikendi very much, it was fun when I played it, so thats whatever

quote:

Flare guns are in the game, they are pretty rare and cool to use actually. You can call in a crate, or a BDRM (a big rear end amphibious tank vehicle that you cannot get shot out of. It has a decent amount of health and is really fun in the end games to drive around with the engine cut off).

Hell yeah that sounds cool as gently caress!

quote:

Erangel got a huge visual update and looks nice. The loot is pretty solid on it as well. They added a few areas of hard/terrain cover around the map as well. You can heal while moving now. Healing also isn't instant, it's 2-3 large upticks after you get it off. There is a big rear end shotgun in crates now (it sucks). You can throw melee weapons at people. You can fly gliders in Erangel/Miramar. Spike strips are a thing (it will pop the tires and slide your car out if you run it over).

I'm probably missing a ton of stuff. A bunch of UI/lobby stuff added for stats, player ID's, weapon mastery poo poo.

Man that all sounds great. I can't wait to try it out!

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Join the goon discord for some cool squad action and chicken dinners.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

General Probe posted:

Join the goon discord for some cool squad action and chicken dinners.

I think I might still be in there, the only problem I think I might have is that I'm on Satellite internet (because I live in the loving boonies) so my latency is really loving bad. I wouldn't want to saddle my teammates with my uselessness.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

I think I might still be in there, the only problem I think I might have is that I'm on Satellite internet (because I live in the loving boonies) so my latency is really loving bad. I wouldn't want to saddle my teammates with my uselessness.

You poor bastard. Well on the plus side, if you play super aggressive, your high ping is a tremendous advantage in fights as long as you are able to look at the enemy.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Jiro posted:

What I'm trying to say is that by third or fourth circle regardless of the map, my frames drop considerably, poo poo starts stuttering really badly, and more often than not it happens when those that are left are converging into the smaller area. Oh and then getting melted by someone from Asia while in the middle of all that poo poo happening who shows that they're moving smoothly on Death Cam.

Then there's always that fun and somewhat rare thing of being in a specific part of a map or running through it and all of a sudden your ping spikes like crazy. Like you move to the left or right and it normalizes, and but going back to that spot everything starts stuttering and showing considerable packet loss and ping spikes.

I don't know what to tell you, but this doesn't happen to the great majority of the player base and death cams aren't accurate and never have been. Death cams are for specifically showing where the player came from when you died. Nothing else about it is good or matters.

Like, 600,000 people wouldn't still be playing this game if they got stuck in some sort of ping spike stutter whenever end game happens. Is your internet good? CPU/GPU good? On an SSD? Turn down settings? Like, what you are describing is not a super common thing.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Thom P. Tiers posted:

It seems to be slightly more prevalent lately, but it ebbs and flows. I went a long time without seeing a single hacker, but the last few days I've been killed at least once per day by someone who's played 5-8 games, winning all of them (or all but 1), with a 7-10 KDR.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I miss the days of the real hackers like weed wizard who would pick up shroud and literally fly him around the map in a car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I don't know what to tell you, but this doesn't happen to the great majority of the player base and death cams aren't accurate and never have been. Death cams are for specifically showing where the player came from when you died. Nothing else about it is good or matters.

Like, 600,000 people wouldn't still be playing this game if they got stuck in some sort of ping spike stutter whenever end game happens. Is your internet good? CPU/GPU good? On an SSD? Turn down settings? Like, what you are describing is not a super common thing.

100 meg connection on Spectrum, directly connected to my router, proc is only three years old, 1060gtx laptop graphics card, settings are already set to low, with only ultra setting is view distance, 16 gigs of ram. It's really common for most of everyone I know that plays in South Texas.