Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

There have only been a couple post-debate polls but Bernie is still ahead whereas Warren appears to have stayed the same or lost ground. The Sanders campaign also got something ridiculous like $4 million of donations in two days with 25,000 new donors. Warren's campaign has not reported anything similar over that time period (probably because everybody refunded her lmao).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

There's no way the NYT would endorse Bernie, look at the visible disgust the editorial board had of him saying the Democrats suck and that's why they lost to Donald loving Trump in 2016.

Just look at the introductory paragraphs of his profile compared to everyone else's: those pesky ~~violent~~ South American despots (seriously when was the last time we questioned any of these people on their public and recorded support for CIA-satellite state black sites, etc.), heart attack, old, divisive, do-nothing. Every other profile introduction just throws out one perfunctory concern, like Warren is just tripped up by nuclear weapons, not getting publicly owned by Trump for being ignorantly racist into her 60s, etc.

This is the outlet that just published an article literally titled "Could Bernie Sanders Win It All? When did the future get so grim."

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1218195035646242820

what happens if a not insignificant number of trump voters decide to vote in the primary for sanders?

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Fox was the first station to take Bernie seriously. they report exactly what before wants and is but then say, "and isn't that awful!" liberal media just tells you Bernie is a sexist that never smiles, if they speak of him at all.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/kamuleosaurus/status/1218048280917151745?s=21

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

oxsnard posted:

what happens if a not insignificant number of trump voters decide to vote in the primary for sanders?

Is it them thinking they have the best shot against Bernie, like the reverse pied piper effect clinton did in 2016 to get trump the nomination?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
That CNN moderator framing that question that way is infuriating.

Bizarre that Tucker is talking Bernie up though. I can only assume Fox would like him to be the candidate and assumes that Trump would destroy him.

e: ^^ yes that's my theory. Or maybe just Tucker making a reasonable point for once so that he can come off as looking like he's fair and balanced.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
I don’t mind the hard questions from the NYT. Bernie had good answers and, perhaps, gained their respect.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It is absolutely insane that only two candidates for the Democratic primary support inmates voting.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Pollyanna posted:

So how much did Warren end up getting screwed over by her smear attempt?

On several of the forums I frequent probably including here, a lot of people had Warren as their second choice.

Now it's hard to find anyone who would even consider her, she's really hosed it up.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

nearly killed em! posted:

Fox was the first station to take Bernie seriously. they report exactly what before wants and is but then say, "and isn't that awful!" liberal media just tells you Bernie is a sexist that never smiles, if they speak of him at all.

Bernie would be prettier if he smiled more.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

oxsnard posted:

We get to usher in the Luxury Gay Space Communism we all have been hoping for.

rko
Jul 12, 2017

Hellblazer187 posted:

I kind of expect that even if he wins, the most he can do is whatever actions are available via the executive. If we're really lucky and get a 50 dem seat senate, we may get some weak sauce legislation on healthcare and climate. I hope I'm wrong.

The entire Sanders theory of change is that by using the bully pulpit of the presidency and aggressively pushing for primarying bad dems from the left, he’ll replicate FDR’s midterm successes and build a coalition capable of enacting his policies.

As others have noted, if Bernie can’t accomplish this, if the power of the American presidency isn’t up to the task of organizing the American people in favor of real change, then no good things were really possible from the beginning and we really do live in an unredeemable evil empire that can’t be reformed and must be destroyed.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Meatball posted:

Is it them thinking they have the best shot against Bernie, like the reverse pied piper effect clinton did in 2016 to get trump the nomination?

I think they just wanna dunk on mainstream media and CNN just made it real easy.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

gently caress you for making me listen to that loving Strasserite Tucker Carlson.

You're not wrong, though.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

It makes me uncomfortable to be in agreement with Trump or Tucker Carlson. I think someone posted here the idea that they think this will work out for them to depress dem turnout if Sanders is NOT the nominee. I guess? I don't know. It just puts me in an uncomfortable place.

hobotrashcanfires
Jul 24, 2013

Ginette Reno posted:

That CNN moderator framing that question that way is infuriating.

Bizarre that Tucker is talking Bernie up though. I can only assume Fox would like him to be the candidate and assumes that Trump would destroy him.

e: ^^ yes that's my theory. Or maybe just Tucker making a reasonable point for once so that he can come off as looking like he's fair and balanced.

Warren and CNN gave the far right the easiest freebie to dunk on the Democratic party and the 'liberal media', and yeah they're gonna take some shots.

That the reaction from the rest of the media has been so muted with the occasional criticism instead of blaring the scandal tells you just how badly they hosed up their hatchet job.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Hellblazer187 posted:

It makes me uncomfortable to be in agreement with Trump or Tucker Carlson. I think someone posted here the idea that they think this will work out for them to depress dem turnout if Sanders is NOT the nominee. I guess? I don't know. It just puts me in an uncomfortable place.

You do know that even total assholes can say true things on occasion?

Fortunately they're also too dumb to see the threat that Bernie represents, so let them dig their own graves.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

The republicans think Sanders is the absolute easiest candidate to beat. By supporting Sanders on fox they feel they’ll either beat him in the general or capture a chunk of his supporters who felt disillusioned or cheated by the Democratic establishment and wanting to inflict as much harm against them as possible.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Funion posted:

On several of the forums I frequent probably including here, a lot of people had Warren as their second choice.

Now it's hard to find anyone who would even consider her, she's really hosed it up.

hobotrashcanfires posted:

Warren and CNN gave the far right the easiest freebie to dunk on the Democratic party and the 'liberal media', and yeah they're gonna take some shots.

That the reaction from the rest of the media has been so muted with the occasional criticism instead of blaring the scandal tells you just how badly they hosed up their hatchet job.

Haha, good. gently caress them both, I can’t believe how lovely Warren has become.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
https://twitter.com/isaiah_kb/status/1218185275538472960?s=21

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

I’m gonna take heat for this, but after everything I’ve witnessed if I could vote in this primary Steyer would be my second choice after Bernie.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Kraftwerk posted:

I’m gonna take heat for this, but after everything I’ve witnessed if I could vote in this primary Steyer would be my second choice after Bernie.

You don't have to have a second choice, man. If you find yourself thinking, "god, everyone other than Bernie is so bad, I could see myself voting for a billionaire over them," just...don't have a second choice. Become Bernie or Bust.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
I'd go even further and say Bernie is literally the only choice.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Kraftwerk posted:

The republicans think Sanders is the absolute easiest candidate to beat. By supporting Sanders on fox they feel they’ll either beat him in the general or capture a chunk of his supporters who felt disillusioned or cheated by the Democratic establishment and wanting to inflict as much harm against them as possible.

They know the Dem establishment won't let him win. It helps them paint the dem party as duplicitous. That's a great defense for the way they run the government. Sure, Trump is a liar. But so are all politicians, look at how the Dems did Bernie dirty? It's a great line for encouraging apathy.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

If it were me (and it is) I would simply vote for Bernard Sanders

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Bernie or bust, honestly. We’re hosed without him. I still have to vote for the Dem cause I hate Trump more, but we’re just going to be treading water at best if it’s not Bernie.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Kraftwerk posted:

I think that's almost consensus at this point.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Meatball posted:

Opposite actually. They're planning on taking on Biden in the general and want to pick up disenfranchised Bernie supporters.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:suicide: I am surrounded by idiots

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Mike the TV posted:

Opposite actually. They're planning on taking on Biden in the general and want to pick up disenfranchised Bernie supporters.

yeah that's my view too. It could backfire if Sanders wins the nomination, but this is a smart move if you assume establishment Dems will drag Joe across the finish line

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Bernie Sanders completely craters, is now the nominee.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Haha who is this from? I love "knocks Sanders' strategy off course" directly above "Sanders climbs". The cognitive dissonance there must be giving them a headache.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Nominating Bernie to own the libs

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bernie Sanders cratering into the nomination!

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Bernie Sanders tumbles all the way to the winning the Presidency.

Nail Rat posted:

Nominating Bernie to own the libs

Unironically this.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
"Looks like I pulled a Homer!" - Bernie Sanders

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Phenotype posted:

Haha who is this from? I love "knocks Sanders' strategy off course" directly above "Sanders climbs". The cognitive dissonance there must be giving them a headache.

They have a narrative to push and god dammit they're not going to get small poo poo like "facts" and "reality" get in the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1217418344996929536

The NYT is totally going to endorse Warren :laffo: