Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
I haven't regularly watched any of these shows in a while, but I watched this whole Crisis event and...

wow they're all REALLY bad. How can the entirety of the 'fights' in these episodes be against stupid CGI ghosts? This entire event felt so low effort and cheap/janky/cheesy as all hell. I enjoyed hate watching it, I guess, but wow was every one of these episodes horrible as an actual episode of a TV show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Thranguy posted:

Watchmen.

Check the billboard in Earth 666.

edit:

Major(ish) characters we don't know the fates of?

Jessie Quick and Wells (Earth 2)
Breacher (Earth 19)
The Ray (Earth-X)
Jay Garrick (Earth 3)

Anything else?

Also, they should of allowed 90s Flashverse to be rebuilt.

Mooseontheloose fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 17, 2020

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Didn't The Ray die in his lover's arms? Or am I misremembering an old crossover?

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Burginator posted:

I haven't regularly watched any of these shows in a while, but I watched this whole Crisis event and...

wow they're all REALLY bad. How can the entirety of the 'fights' in these episodes be against stupid CGI ghosts? This entire event felt so low effort and cheap/janky/cheesy as all hell. I enjoyed hate watching it, I guess, but wow was every one of these episodes horrible as an actual episode of a TV show

No, they're alright.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

pile of brown posted:

Didn't The Ray die in his lover's arms? Or am I misremembering an old crossover?

Nope, both The Ray and Leo Snart survived Earth-X. It was Martin Stein who died.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

nine-gear crow posted:

Nope, both The Ray and Leo Snart survived Earth-X. It was Martin Stein who died.

We saw the ray at the beginning of the crossover

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Davros1 posted:

Shaq as Steel

Man how awesome would that have been.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Dean Cain Superman also didn't show. For unfortunately unfortunate reasons. :sweatdrop:

Dunno if it was mentioned here, but I love how it seems that the Ezra Miller Barry hadn't come up with a codename yet, but will in fact now be calling himself the Flash after having met an alternate universe Flash. Which is just so very fitting, considering original comics Barry also named himself after an (at the time) alternate universe Flash!

(:flashfact:)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ezra was great. I wish that hadn't been spoiled for me.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Definitely threw me for a loop, I guess the decline of the DC cinematic universe finally accomplished some good.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

nooneofconsequence posted:

Man how awesome would that have been.

Narrator: it was not awesome

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MiddleOne posted:

Definitely threw me for a loop, I guess the decline of the DC cinematic universe finally accomplished some good.

People were commenting online "I hope this means Grant will have a cameo in Ezra's solo Flash movie" and :hmbol: that movie is the new Chaning Tatum's Gambit movie.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I know at least 3 people that were upset Miller and Guston didn't just start making out.

They probably did ask someone from Gotham to appear, even briefly, but they probably couldn't do it or didn't want to. Though I have a hard time thinking Donal Logue would have been hard to get.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

twistedmentat posted:

I know at least 3 people that were upset Miller and Guston didn't just start making out.

They probably did ask someone from Gotham to appear, even briefly, but they probably couldn't do it or didn't want to. Though I have a hard time thinking Donal Logue would have been hard to get.

They should have horned him in chasing the Mad Hatter and screaming. Have Spector grunt and flash look very confused.

Also Felicity is searching for Oliver worldwide. Using a specter detector.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Look there's only one way to find everyone else in the speedforce :heysexy:

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Kid Flash was completely absent. Probably because he would have fixed things too quickly.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rhyno posted:

Ezra was great. I wish that hadn't been spoiled for me.

same, i would have poo poo a brick

nine-gear crow posted:

People were commenting online "I hope this means Grant will have a cameo in Ezra's solo Flash movie" and :hmbol: that movie is the new Chaning Tatum's Gambit movie.

yeah I was workshopping that meeting in my head ...ohhh noooooo you see, the portal only works one way...it's super expensive to operate...

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

BrianWilly posted:

Dunno if it was mentioned here, but I love how it seems that the Ezra Miller Barry hadn't come up with a codename yet, but will in fact now be calling himself the Flash after having met an alternate universe Flash. Which is just so very fitting, considering original comics Barry also named himself after an (at the time) alternate universe Flash!

(:flashfact:)

It also fits the kind of silliness like when season 1 Barry decided to change his logo to have a white background after seeing a future version of himself.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Look there's only one way to find everyone else in the speedforce :heysexy:

It's not cheating if its with an alternative universe version of yourself.

Also The Monitor just killed Felicity so she could be with Oliver.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Slamhound posted:

Kid Flash was completely absent. Probably because he would have fixed things too quickly.

Wally and crossovers don't mix. Also Wally and long time show commitments

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Rhyno posted:

We knew the show runners were going to be allowed to use Crisis to retcon away things, that could be one of them.

Where's Laurel?

Apparently chilling in the "didn't even care to show up" room with Iris.

Also, can someone explain for my stupid brain? The last 2 eps basically nail down the melding of Earth prime. One earth. But then the end narration shows all these other earths. Isn't there just one universe now? Or was it just a melding of all the Paragon universes but there's still a ton out there???

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

All(*) the shows on the CW take place in the same universe now. Other shows and movies based on DC characters are in different universes.

(*) except for Stargirl because it can't be that easy.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

howe_sam posted:

All(*) the shows on the CW take place in the same universe now. Other shows and movies based on DC characters are in different universes.

The Supernatural cross over going to be wild.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Where was fat Martian Manhunter?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I’m really surprised they didn’t bring back Linda Carter as the president.

At least Wally got a name drop.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

The Supernatural cross over going to be wild.

Just get Ellis/Pelligrino as buddy Lucifers in it.

Add in Ray Wise for bonus points

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

howe_sam posted:

Ok so its not that one universe was left, it's just that the CW-verse melded because paragon-juice.

Cool. I was just wondering :)

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Feenix posted:

Ok so its not that one universe was left, it's just that the CW-verse melded because paragon-juice.

Not exactly paragon juice since Black Lightning's Earth got roped in as well, but basically yeah.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Poor Black Lightning, he doesn't give a gently caress about any of these people and has to attend funerals for people he never met, now he's roped into this universe's drama. Just let the man go home to his girls.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Blaise330 posted:

Poor Black Lightning, he doesn't give a gently caress about any of these people and has to attend funerals for people he never met, now he's roped into this universe's drama. Just let the man go home to his girls.

"Your boss is evil because he built a death ray? Man this is some sort of vacation compared to Freeland."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bruceski posted:

"Your boss is evil because he built a death ray? Man this is some sort of vacation compared to Freeland."

Now I'm imagining the other Arrowverse shows having to deal with competent villains like Tobias Whale or Agent Odell. They would be so hosed.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Now I'm imagining the other Arrowverse shows having to deal with competent villains like Tobias Whale or Agent Odell. They would be so hosed.

Seeing either of them have to try and deal with Kara pre-Crisis would've been funny, now though they probably both have kryptonite stashed somewhere.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I like how Jeff went from living in a world where Supergirl and Superman were just comic book characters to living in a world where they not only exist, but he's friends with them.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Deathstroke? Adrian Chase? Snart?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Flash: “My greatest enemies are evil versions of myself with names like Zoom and the Reverse Flash!”

Black Lightning: “My greatest enemy is systemic racism.”

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Mooseontheloose posted:

Deathstroke? Adrian Chase? Snart?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Yeeeah being with the Superfriends is going to be Jefferson's relaxing downtime.

And...y'know, I joke, but that's actually, literally how it's supposed to be. The JL is not just supposed to be a task force, it's also a support group. It's where the heroes go to hang with their friends and have adventures saving the world. The world needs the League but the Leaguers need each other as well. Most incarnations of the JL understands this...hell, even the movie got this part right.

Speaking of which, I also quite like that Sara Lance is now pretty much the definitive, de facto "Black Canary" analogue for this world. She was always technically White Canary, of course, and still is, but..."White Canary" always felt a bit to me like a made-up backup consolation prize for the actual coveted iconic Black Canary codename. Even now, that role is still sorta vague and contested and up-in-the-air, what with the upcoming spinoff splitting the role to actual multiple Canaries.

But now Sara is the one on the Justice League. She's the the bona fide real deal superhero, the one who's gonna be calling shots with the other premiere protectors of the planet. She might not be literally named Dinah or Black Canary, but she's filling comic book Dinah Lance's boots in ways that the other Canaries won't. And she deserves to. The character has been through a hell of a journey.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

Speaking of which, I also quite like that Sara Lance is now pretty much the definitive, de facto "Black Canary" analogue for this world. She was always technically White Canary, of course, and still is, but..."White Canary" always felt a bit to me like a made-up backup consolation prize for the actual coveted iconic Black Canary codename. Even now, that role is still sorta vague and contested and up-in-the-air, what with the upcoming spinoff splitting the role to actual multiple Canaries.

White Canary was more an invention for Legends wasn't it? When she first showed up on Arrow she was either Canary or Black Canary, I am pretty sure. That's why Laurel took the name.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

howe_sam posted:

White Canary was more an invention for Legends wasn't it? When she first showed up on Arrow she was either Canary or Black Canary, I am pretty sure. That's why Laurel took the name.

Yeah, IIRC she was BC, then died, then Laurel was BC, then Sarah came back in time for Legends to scoop her up, and her goodbye scene with Laurel was "well we can't have two Black Canaries so I made you this" cue WC suit.

Or I just made that up, haven't checked recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Honestly, Tobias is hyper competent and terrifying, but he’s also goofy as poo poo so him showing up on Flash or Legends to cause problems is quite believable now.