Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Eifert Posting posted:

Yeah that was a bad look, I don't really see a reason for him to out them getting real money.

He said because it doesn't matter to him anymore because he's no longer a student-athlete but surely there was a few guys that aren't graduating that the NCAA is going to try and gently caress over now right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The ncaa is going to try to gently caress them with a rusty boat anchor

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
They'd have to have a reason to believe something worse is going on. As it is, they might just ban OBJ as a booster. The worst for this incident would be the NCAA deciding LSU lost control of one of its boosters or the coaches knew what he was going to do.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

cpranger posted:

They'd have to have a reason to believe something worse is going on. As it is, they might just ban OBJ as a booster. The worst for this incident would be the NCAA deciding LSU lost control of one of its boosters or the coaches knew what he was going to do.

Which, given OBJ, is probably a hard charge to make stick.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

The thing that's going to make the compliance office pucker is if the NCAA decides to start asking other questions for which they'll almost surely find bad answers. LSU is a higher end football program that definitely has violated the rules in some capacity. Really giving the NCAA any reason to ask questions about anything is a tight rope walk.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
It's hard to see a reason for Joe to say anything about it. Just not a good look no matter the reason, comes off as FYGM.

Who are some good day two coverage linebackers look at?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
What OBJ did was wrong and stupid. It got a bunch of kids in trouble and a program in trouble for no reason. Give kids money on your own time, don't do it in front of cameras in one of the most hyped points of the year.

Eifert Posting posted:

Yeah that was a bad look, I don't really see a reason for him to out them getting real money.

This is why people make fun of you. Because you earnestly believe this.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Everyone understands why he did it. It’s obviously to make a point about paying players and doing it in the culmination of the highest rated, most heavily marketed, and most profitable game of the year is the best time to do it if you want to make a point.

It’s also selfish and stupid but doing it this way at least gives everyone cover, as opposed to doing it in private and getting caught. Then you’re not making a point... you’re just cheating.

I reserve the right to be completely wrong because it’s OBJ so maybe he just loves chaos.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Eifert do you scramble to change the channel whenever ESPN shows NFL highlights or there's a commercial for NFL tickets

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Slowpoke! posted:

Everyone understands why he did it. It’s obviously to make a point about paying players and doing it in the culmination of the highest rated, most heavily marketed, and most profitable game of the year is the best time to do it if you want to make a point.

It’s also selfish and stupid but doing it this way at least gives everyone cover, as opposed to doing it in private and getting caught. Then you’re not making a point... you’re just cheating.

I reserve the right to be completely wrong because it’s OBJ so maybe he just loves chaos.

Yes and him slappin the cops rear end was obviously to make a point that we should bring violence against police officers.

And him interrupting Coach O's speech was about not listening to authority figures.

Or! Maybe he just likes attention.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Burrow doesn't have any reason to give the NCAA information they can use to hassle his program. It's not a huge deal but it puts some of his teammates in a bad spot for no reason.

BrownThunder posted:

Eifert do you scramble to change the channel whenever ESPN shows NFL highlights or there's a commercial for NFL tickets

Google "how do tv ratings work"

Products like youtube or official monetized podcasts are a no go for me as they are individually monetized. You can trust me when I say I've put more thought in than you have.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Eifert Posting posted:

Burrow doesn't have any reason to give the NCAA information they can use to hassle his program. It's not a huge deal but it puts some of his teammates in a bad spot for no reason.

Burrow didn't do poo poo everyone knows it was real money. OBJ is the one who you should be blaming.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

Joe Burrow is a cop
i will learn to love my snitch rear end whiteboi qb

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Joe le rat Burreaux

That cop would've narc'd to

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Joe Burrow shoulda done the nervous tight collar thing and then ran away when asked about the cash

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Eifert Posting posted:

Google "how do tv ratings work"

Products like youtube or official monetized podcasts are a no go for me as they are individually monetized. You can trust me when I say I've put more thought in than you have.

Listen props to you for constructing an elaborate system of rules for your life based on specific case by case interpretations of a particular period's customs related to an overarching moral standpoint but I submit to you that you could get the same odd dopamine rush from just keeping kosher and watch all the football you want

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Phobeste posted:

Listen props to you for constructing an elaborate system of rules for your life based on specific case by case interpretations of a particular period's customs related to an overarching moral standpoint but I submit to you that you could get the same odd dopamine rush from just keeping kosher and watch all the football you want

you’ve missed one thing and that is that eifert watches the bengals which doesn’t give a good dopamine rush ever

his four year long meltdown is self-protection

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
losing eifert and dlink to broken brain homerism, you hate to see it. its_so_hard_to_say_goodbye_to_yesterday.mp3

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
D Link still my homie so back off yall

*holds lighter near 5th overall pick*

THIS THINGS GONNA BE A BOMB AND U KNOW IT

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Y'all are entitled to your opinion, I just don't think you say poo poo publicly to make life harder for your friends, particularly when the organization's as petty and poo poo as the NCAA.

It's like how I don't mention how APH has a fetish for ripping labels off mattresses at Ikea or how cavy lies to the IRS about having 9 dependent kids.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Did Joey porter concuss you? What are you talking about

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Eifert Posting posted:

It's like how I don't mention how APH has a fetish for ripping labels off mattresses at Ikea or how cavy lies to the IRS about having 9 dependent kids.

I need you to delete this right now!!!!!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
OBJ is a mastermind and I hope my college's boosters are smart enough to have people randomly shove money at the opponent teams' best players and get them suspended before we play them.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I thought you could only claim 3

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Joe Burrow cannot be trusted and should slide all the way to 5.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I will allow Joe Burrow to play for the Dolphins when their games do not overlap with my games. I am the Bengals

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Letting the NCAA know he's not an amateur athlete any more was a power move.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1218263012592754689

I thought he was a day 3 type guy...

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Surprising

https://twitter.com/swaggy_t1/status/1218261866050457601?s=20

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Dabo sure knows how to Jesus up folks

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

who knows when he goes (although it won't be super duper early), but one thing you do know is that his stock is probably higher right now than it ever will be again

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The current hot take in Cinci is to draft him as he's a Joebro.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the important question

does he have his daddy's hick accent

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Queue up every draftnik hyping up hidden gem Thaddeus Moss because they know who his dad is

Rams draft Thaddeus Moss

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DariusLikewise posted:

Queue up every draftnik hyping up hidden gem Thaddeus Moss because they know who his dad is

Rams draft Thaddeus Moss

Pats gonna draft him and turn him into the next Matthew Slater a hofer

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Play posted:

who knows when he goes (although it won't be super duper early), but one thing you do know is that his stock is probably higher right now than it ever will be again

Yea, between Burrow graduating and Brady leaving there's very little chance he has a better season next year. He's got some good tape this year, I imagine he goes in round 3 or so.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Yea, between Burrow graduating and Brady leaving there's very little chance he has a better season next year. He's got some good tape this year, I imagine he goes in round 3 or so.

Pretty good blocker with (limited) upside as a receiver. Somewhere 3-5 sounds right.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
They had to scheme him open. Not sure where Moss goes but as a team that needs a second TE km willing to say i don’t want Miami to get him before round 6

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I’d spend a 3rd rounder on Randy Moss’ grandma cause I love him that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I wonder if current Randy could run a better 40 than Thad

Thad is kinda slow