Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Draft thread since all you guys clamor for it the second your team gets eliminated from playoff contention.

As always this is way too early to make the draft thread since things change a lot between. Here are two posts I made last year around this time:

Doltos posted:

Didn't even realize this thread got made I was about to write up an OP

This draft is loving stacked top to bottom.

Best d-line class in years, maybe ever. Bosa, Oliver, Josh Allen, the entire Clemson d-line, Sweat, Gary, Jefferey Simmons, Brian Burns, Zach Allen, the list just keeps going and a ton of these guys would be top 10 picks every year. Good thumping LBs too like Devin White, Wilson, Lamar, and Coney. I feel like I'm just listing the entire Clemson defense at this point but whatever.

Tons of coverage guys too. Greedy Williams is who I want the Giants to target if he somehow drops to us. Trayvon Mullen(oops) Julian Love, Deandre Baker.

Offense is pretty good. Good list of WRs like the pair Ole Miss has. Marquise Brown is my favorite weird prospect of the draft. Can't be more than 160 pounds and runs every route. OTs are solid throughout and there's some solid future all pros on both sides. People think it's a weak RB class but there's a lot of field churners that could stick in the NFL. Damien Harris, Bryce Love, Benny Snell, Devin Singletary. David Montgomery reminds me a lot of Ray Rice. Great cutter, total pinball, strong as gently caress and pretty smart to boot.

QB might even be good this year. Haskins has a cannon for an arm and he doesn't even plant his back foot so that's gotta get someone excited. Lock, Grier, and Jones are all looking like solid first round prospects too. I think Herbert got scared off by Haskin's emergence and wants to be a #1 in a weaker class next year.

Doltos posted:

I think he's gonna be one of those examples of QBs you think should be outside the top 100 then some team takes him in the first. He's obviously an elite athlete with a cannon for an arm and I think Lincoln Riley is an offensive genius so who knows, he could be a draft darling just like Mayfield.

He's got a lot of Rodgers in him where he wants to roll out and leave the pocket constantly because he knows he's faster than DEs. Like he's not a run first QB, he's more of a run out QB. I think he has issues with ball placement. A lot of really big throws in his highlight reel that led to TDs but weren't exactly in the right spots at all. There's also something to be said about wide open throws boosting his completion percentages. As I said before I hold Lincoln Riley in high regard because he brought the run game back to the air raid. He runs a ton of pulls and counters that confuse the hell out of defenses coupled with an all out passing attack and a dual threat QB rolling away from those counters and pulls. If you watch some All-22 of Oklahoma they get amazing passing lanes constantly. You're starting to see that more in the NFL now with the Chargers and the Rams so maybe that's not a bad thing and Murray just actually might be a good fit in the current NFL despite being the size of a slot WR.

As you can see, a lot changes from now until the draft!!

Youtubers to watch that are decent:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCN0jY4_se9VmRJLFne3OrBA - Zac Shomler. Used to be a college QB, does analysis now. Pretty decent even if he uses limited game tape to make a point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?vochie63 - Voch Lombardi. My favorite film guy. I don't know his background but he actually does tape analysis which is refreshing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCYzfVBuCfGz-oF3aOCGgO5g - Brett Kollman. Kinda okay, I'm not sure how much experience he has but he also does tape analysis.

Draft pundits to listen to:
https://twitter.com/BobMcGinn - Bob McGinn. Best pundit in the world because he only takes insider scouts analysis and forwards it to us, the masses. Writes for the Athletic now so you get a little more bang for your subscriber buck then giving money to his own website.

That's it. The rest are idiots/shills, including me.

Top 5 right now:
1. Tua Tagovailoa (If he's healthy) - QB, Alabama
2. Chase Young - DE, Ohio State
3. Joe Burrow - QB, LSU
4. Andrew Thomas - OT, Georgia
5. Jeff Okudah - CB, Ohio State

Initial Analysis:
This draft is weak as gently caress and it seems like many GMs were jettisoning their first round picks because of it. It is, nevertheless, an exciting QB class with 7 guys that could realistically go in the first round. Tua, Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert, Jalen Hurts, Jordan Love, Jake Fromm, and Jacob Eason are all decent prospects with the first three headlining/franchise QB potential. This draft is also extremely top heavy with players like Chase Young, Andrew Thomas, Jeff Okudah, Grant Delpit, Jerry Jeudy, and CeeDee Lamb. After that it gets pretty loving bleak. This also appears to be the year of Ohio State/LSU/Alabama with many mock drafts at this time filling most of their spots with players from these teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

thank you, Daltos

Today I woke up and felt that the Miami Dolphins should still draft Tua even though he is apparently made of breadsticks. Tomorrow I will change my mind.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

thank you, Daltos

Today I woke up and felt that the Miami Dolphins should still draft Tua even though he is apparently made of breadsticks. Tomorrow I will change my mind.

He somehow looked better than ever on Saturday before the catastrophe. Insane touch on those balls from a kid that fired nothing but rockets his first year.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Doltos tell me your opinion of the left tackles. Am I wrong to be lusting after Leatherwood in desperation for merely competent tackle play?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I could be wrong, but this seems like a much better cornerback than last years.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Raku posted:

He somehow looked better than ever on Saturday before the catastrophe. Insane touch on those balls from a kid that fired nothing but rockets his first year.

Yeah healthy Tua beats LSU. He's definitely the premier prospect in this class and here's hoping the recovery goes great.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Doltos tell me your opinion of the left tackles. Am I wrong to be lusting after Leatherwood in desperation for merely competent tackle play?

Leatherwood is pretty good, that whole Bama line is great at shifting and moving with Tua. I'm not sure about guys outside the SEC like Biadasz and Becton. I know a lot about Trey Adams only because his injury forced him back for his senior season and he was going top 15 before that. Usually I just do a bunch of tape for o-line later because it's hard to see it in real time + it not being very interesting to watch o-line.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
So uh.

Quarterbacks.

:smith:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

are there any players who might succeed even though they are on the bengals.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Who the gently caress let you out of your cage

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

buckle tell me about interior linemen

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

None of your youtube links work because it's trying to turn a user into a youtube video

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Jake Eason needs to go back to school or sit for a full year in the NFL. If he's a day one starter the team that drafts him will get a bust

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

hifi posted:

None of your youtube links work because it's trying to turn a user into a youtube video

My bad I'm old, just google them

Sour Diesel posted:

buckle tell me about interior linemen

Even my staunchest supporters have trouble believing that I scout guards and centers right now

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My team sucks and I need this (but it won't change anything).

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Nov 19, 2019

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Doltos posted:

My bad I'm old, just google them

if you want to edit your OP just copy this

code:
[url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN0jY4_se9VmRJLFne3OrBA[/url] - Zac Shomler.  Used to be a college QB, does analysis now.  Pretty decent even if he uses limited game tape to make a point.
[url]https://www.youtube.com/user/vochie63[/url] - Voch Lombardi.  My favorite film guy.  I don't know his background but he actually does tape analysis which is refreshing.
[url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYzfVBuCfGz-oF3aOCGgO5g[/url] - Brett Kollman.  Kinda okay, I'm not sure how much experience he has but he also does tape analysis.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I look forward to months of Tua injury watch.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

a neat cape posted:

So uh.

Quarterbacks.

:smith:

Hell, same

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

LiquidFriend posted:

I look forward to months of Tua injury watch.

He's gonna rehab slow, fall to the second and the bears will finally get a franchise qb after paying him to rehab for a year

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I don't know if I'd agree with the idea that it's a weak draft so much as it's an odd one in terms of the distribution of talent. There are positions that I think are certainly very strong(WR, CB), and there are positions that are really kind of absolute wastelands(LB). Then there are positions that are really deep in terms of specific sub-positions of players, but devoid of some of the more traditional guys.

Look at defensive tackle, for example. Everyone in the league can use the classic three down B-gap linemen, and last year you had five go in the first round(six if you squint at Rashan Gary). This year you've got Javon Kinlaw, who someone is probably going to overdraft and after that lol eat poo poo. If you need a Nose Tackle or someone to otherwise be a space-eater though, it's a pretty loving good draft.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more teams dumping early round picks, but I think teams with some specific needs are going to be pretty happy with it.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
double post who does this anymore

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

WR and RB do look to be stocked with better talent than last year without a doubt.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I know it's early but I see like no good WR talent besides CeeDee Lamb and maybe Jefferson. Jeudy rubs me wrong. He always seems to disappear against actual NFL talent and has been riding the LSU and national championship game from last year all this year. Big guy, good route runner, sucks at catching the ball with contact. Devonta Smith has thoroughly outplayed him this year and Henry Ruggs seems to be a way better deep threat. Other than that I don't really know who's in discussion for a first round pick right now besides like Tee Higgins and even then that's more CLEMSON than actual first round talent.

RBs are meh too. Jon Taylor is another guy who gets destroyed by real competition despite his gaudy numbers. Swift's cool I guess. Real classic RB that blends size and speed with a bowling ball body. Etiennes JAG, Dobbins is benefiting from the best o-line in college football, Akers seems to be the opposite and I have no idea how good he is because he's constantly stuffed in the backfield. I also haven't watched him much. One guy that is getting huge attention right now is Zack Moss but he's got injury issues and his running style won't help.

Other then that there's no LBs this draft, no TEs, one good DT, one great DE, a few okay edge rushers, a plethora of CBs, a bunch of decent safeties that are tweening right now in college, and a poo poo ton of OTs.

That's right now though, anyone can start standing out at any time.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I'd like to see the LSU RB playing in the Chiefs Offense.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Doltos posted:

RBs are meh too. Jon Taylor is another guy who gets destroyed by real competition despite his gaudy numbers. Swift's cool I guess. Real classic RB that blends size and speed with a bowling ball body. Etiennes JAG, Dobbins is benefiting from the best o-line in college football, Akers seems to be the opposite and I have no idea how good he is because he's constantly stuffed in the backfield. I also haven't watched him much. One guy that is getting huge attention right now is Zack Moss but he's got injury issues and his running style won't help.

How do you feel about Najee Harris? I just didn't see him as having enough speed or explosiveness but over the last few games his catching has been awesome and he's run a lot more aggressively. I feel like he's really been playing himself up the boards recently.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Tell me about kickers, please.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Doltos posted:

Etiennes JAG

que?

Maybe it's my love of 2nd round + talent receivers but they feel a lot more plentiful and promising in that territory this year. The Michigan boys, Reager, Surratt, Duverny and Tyler Johnson have my attention. Laviska Shenault has been drawing some 1st round praise.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
The Bills...don't seem to need a QB? Josh Allen has been playing really well the past five games, so it's way too early to think about moving on.
But god do we need linemen and wide receivers. Big, dumb, sure-handed receivers who can catch our big, dumb quarterback's passes.
Oh, and defensive linemen who can play the run and maybe aren't completely useless in passing situations. That would be loving great.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ches Neckbeard posted:

que?

Maybe it's my love of 2nd round + talent receivers but they feel a lot more plentiful and promising in that territory this year. The Michigan boys, Reager, Surratt, Duverny and Tyler Johnson have my attention. Laviska Shenault has been drawing some 1st round praise.

Just a guy.

Yeah there's a lot of average WR talent right now that looks good enough to stick in the NFL. Peoples-Jones and Nico are both fine, Nico's probably better. He makes some really tough contact catches. Reagor, Shenault, and Tyler Wallace are all getting first round mocks lately from what I've seen. Reagor in particular and it's funny you mention Duverny because they're like identical intriguing prospects. They're both pretty short but really stout with great hands and deceptive speed. Don't know what offenses they fit if you take them in the first. Like I guess one of them will inevitably end up on the Patriots.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Good to hear OTs and CBs are a-plenty, unlike LBs where there are none. Good.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

A draft with OTs AND CBs???

Edit: Vikings Needs

OG
WR
CB
OT
QB
WLB

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 20, 2019

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers will probably need:

- QB
- Tackle
- DT
- Linebacker
- DB
- Guard

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Lions are... lessee...

-CB
-LB (which we're not getting in this draft, lol)
-CB, jesus gently caress pls draft good corners, we're probably not resigning Slay and that makes me sad
-LG, someone, anyone, replace joe dahl and kenny wiggins
-a decent second TE would be nice
-hopefully not QB
-sure take a WR why not

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

The Dolphins need like literally everything besides maybe WR, 3-technique, and off the ball linebacker.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Chargers needs in order:

-OL
-QB
-CB
-WR
-LB

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Raiders need

Cornerback
LBs
deep threat WR
Probably a Guard

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

SolusLunes posted:

Lions are... lessee...

-CB
-CB, jesus gently caress pls draft good corners, we're probably not resigning Slay and that makes me sad
-hopefully not QB
-sure take a WR why not

Have Lions fans just given up on every having a running game orrrr..

Also Shouldn't that just say "DEFENSE"

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I can't wait for the Eagles to draft two WRs and one DE, sign a WR in FA, release Agholor's arms into a nice swamp with other alligators, and forget all about LB again.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
andy dalton needs weapons

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

SolusLunes posted:

Lions are... lessee...

-CB
-hopefully not QB
-sure take a WR why not

It's a lovely draft for traditional off of the ball linebackers, but I think there are some interesting prospects that fit into the mold for OLB in the defense the Lions/Dolphins/Patriots run, guys who aren't going to be highly sought after because they aren't great pure edge or pure LB prospects, but kind of fall into the spectrum between them and invariably get some off of the ball work. K'Lavon Chaisson isn't likely to have the issue of being under-valued because he's got upside as a pure pass rusher, but I'm certain he'd end up getting some significant work at ILB in that defense. Then you've got more mid-round guys like Zach Baun, Carter Coughlin, etc. that I'm sure those teams will be eyeballing.

The really kind of odd and interesting guy to me is Charles Snowden. He's a 6'7" 235 pound OLB who isn't really great at anything besides getting in throwing lands and deflecting balls but has some wild physical traits and are probably going to have those teams interested:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/intriguing-2020-prospect-alert--charles-snowden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

The Bills...don't seem to need a QB? Josh Allen has been playing really well the past five games, so it's way too early to think about moving on.
But god do we need linemen and wide receivers. Big, dumb, sure-handed receivers who can catch our big, dumb quarterback's passes.
Oh, and defensive linemen who can play the run and maybe aren't completely useless in passing situations. That would be loving great.
Let me formalize this...
Bills needs(in no particular order)

-OL
Particularly some interior depth, but Cody Ford is struggling outside at RT and might need to be kicked inside. The Bills in general are a bit thin depth-wise, especially in the interior. Dion Dawkins is the starter at LT, and but isn't much more than a JAG, honestly.

-DL
Trent Murphy kind of blows, Shaq Lawson is a FA, Star Lotulelei sucks...to sum it up, we need to beef up our defensive line. Of particular concern is our below-average run defense, which has proven to be the defense's Achilles' Heal against non-garbage teams.

-#1 WR
John Brown is pretty good(but an injury concern): he can take the top off a defense and do damage underneath and in mid-range routes, but Cole Beasley is just a slot guy and Robert Foster and Isaiah McKenzie haven't really shown they can be much more than role players. Oh, and they hate Duke Williams for some reason. A multi-purpose wide receiver, especially a big, athletic target with a wide catch radius could be the missing piece in our passing attack.

-CB
Tre'Davious White is turning into a great corner, but it would be nice if we got him a partner in crime. While our other corners aren't bad, they're not great either.

-LB
Lorenzo Alexander isn't getting any younger and there isn't a lot of depth behind Tremaine Edmunds and Matt Milano. Another piece would be nice: they definitely like fast, rangy linebackers.

-RB
Frank Gore is ancient, but he can still play(and is apparently well-liked. He could well be back next year, if he wants). Devin Singletary is promising. TJ Yeldon sure does exist. What they have in common is this: none of them is a power back. A back that could really hammer down a defense could be a valuable asset.

-ST
Good lord, our special teams are rear end. We need players who can loving play special teams worth poo poo. Also Corey Bojorquez isn't that great and Hauschka's having a rough year, but drafting kickers and punters seems really dumb.

-S
We don't really have much behind Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer, both of whom figure to become very rich(in safety terms) when the time comes.