Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

GReddy eManage UltimateECU from Japan, shipped to Karcepts in MD, then installed today in my S2000

This is the recommended/approved installation location, behind the driver’s seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Just bought tickets to see some really old guys play music from the 90's.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ministry-industrial-strength-tour-tickets-88740963611

Back in 1983 I saw Ministry open for Madness. There were like, three people on the ballroom floor watching them. I felt bad for them. Not surprised they changed their sound so radically.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Folks, don't worry, I'll just get certified by the state to make my own repairs.

I'm not stupid, I know a house is a massive amount of work. we just saw tons and tons of other places that were shitshows and the one we bought is a space-age utopia by comparison.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Imperador do Brasil posted:

GReddy eManage UltimateECU from Japan, shipped to Karcepts in MD, then installed today in my S2000

This is the recommended/approved installation location, behind the driver’s seat.

Cool thing. :shrug: Hope it does whatever cool things are supposed to do well.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
playstation 3s have gotten really small

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

That looks nice, but wouldn't road handlebars give you better accuracy past 100 yards and let you grind the beans instead of just pulverize them?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

RCarr posted:

Isn't it obvious? The Greddy e-Manage Ultimate does what no other piggyback ECU can. Engineered to preserve the best features of the original e-Manage (economical price, no need for tuning from scratch, & compatible for most Japanese performance vehicles).

Some of the new features include the ability to both Add and Subtract on fuel and ignition maps A toggle switch to shift between two sets of tuning maps (i.e. Street program or Race program) Air/Fuel Target Map for self-tuning to speeding up initial tuning time Increased number of input and output ports and numerous built in adapters Various Correction Maps (for Acceleration, Speed, Temperature, Ignition, & A/T Trans) Fouled Spark-Plug Cleaning Feature Auxiliary Output Maps.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

RCarr posted:

More power better drivability for my sports car that only gets driven a few times a month (when it’s nice out)

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Nifty. Next time I'm merging from 270 to 70 I'll keep an eye out for it.

Hey those cheap reusable purple K-cups I mentioned a few pages back? Yeah, don't anybody get those. Just pay for the legit Keurig one. Unless you like coffee that's half water and full of grounds.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

davebo posted:

Hey those cheap reusable purple K-cups I mentioned a few pages back? Yeah, don't anybody get those. Just pay for the legit Keurig one. Unless you like coffee that's half water and full of grounds.

I use something like this: with regular ground coffee daily without issue.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I just got the reusable kcup filters, and yeah the coffee is very watery and there is a bunch of coffee grounds in it. Not sure if im gonna buy the kcups, or buy a diff brewer. The kcups would end up costing me close to a hundred a month.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I use the cheap reusable k-cups and they work just about as well as a regular coffee pod, which is to say: not great but not entirely awful, perfectly drinkable coffee.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

TotalLossBrain posted:

I use something like this: with regular ground coffee daily without issue.

Thanks, I looked that one up on amazon and it's $14, while the official keurig one we already have is on sale for $9 so I think I'll just get one or two more of those and be done with it. Included the links for both if anyone is interested.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Inzombiac posted:

Folks, don't worry, I'll just get certified by the state to make my own repairs.

Lol, certified by the state. The good news is you don’t need any certifications, inspections, or quite frankly even skills to work on your house!

as evidenced by every person who’s lived there before you

E: for reals, congrats... it’s nice having your own place :)

Catatron Prime has a new favorite as of 05:07 on Jan 18, 2020

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Adeline Weishaupt posted:

last time I bought a razor

So after shaving for like 16 months, and still constantly getting bad shaves filled with irritation, I got myself an early Birthday present.

Rockwell 6s, and holy poo poo this is so much better than my old razor (never get an Edwin Jagger unless you only shave every 2-3 days; it sucks for daily shaving). I got barely any irritation, and the irritation I did get was more likely due to a learning curve for this sucker and doing dumb mistakes. It's gonna be a learning curve, but it's absolutely gonna help me get a good shave on a daily basis.

Adeline Weishaupt has a new favorite as of 10:14 on Jan 18, 2020

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Coffee And Pie posted:

I use the cheap reusable k-cups and they work just about as well as a regular coffee pod, which is to say: not great but not entirely awful, perfectly drinkable coffee.

I think i'm gonna try using the filters they make for the reusable cups. I have the early k10 model. If I use the minimum amount of water to get a stronger cup, it ends up about as hot as normal coffee that has sat for 15 minutes. I think its because the first ounce or two of water that comes out isn't hot. If I fill the water to the medium amount, then its hotter, but then its watered down more.

Heard about a hack where you use a disposable cup, remove the foil, grounds, and paper filter, and stick it in the reusable cup, but its too big and won't fit.

I know the new more expensive k cup machines address most of these shortcomings. But a Mr. Coffee is only $20. Might go for that instead.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Dick Trauma posted:

Back in 1983 I saw Ministry open for Madness.

As someone who’s seen some pretty badass shows, that’s a badass show to have seen.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Adeline Weishaupt posted:

So after shaving for like 16 months, and still constantly getting bad shaves filled with irritation, I got myself an early Birthday present.

Rockwell 6s, and holy poo poo this is so much better than my old razor (never get an Edwin Jagger unless you only shave every 2-3 days; it sucks for daily shaving). I got barely any irritation, and the irritation I did get was more likely due to a learning curve for this sucker and doing dumb mistakes. It's gonna be a learning curve, but it's absolutely gonna help me get a good shave on a daily basis.

Hell yeah, nice buy! Adjustable safety razors are such a god tier piece of kit, I’ve got an old Gillette fatboy and it’s second only to my electric toothbrush in terms of favorite hygiene products. There are very few things as satisfying as a proper wet shave with the right soap and balm

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Lawen posted:

As someone who’s seen some pretty badass shows, that’s a badass show to have seen.

Just recently saw ministry open for slayer. It was a good show.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

H110Hawk posted:

Just recently saw ministry open for slayer. It was a good show.

Caught the last show of that tour. Fuckin rocked :regd10:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Got a pair of Anker Soundcore Liberty Neos. I've just been calling them knockoff earpods.

They do the trick and retention is really good and they give you a bunch of different ear plug things and things that help it stay in the ear.

The sound has a lot of bass for something that's like an inch wide maybe. Almost too much bass actually, I had to adjust the EQ in spotify. And it has the thudding you get in anything that seals your ears when you move around.

Staryberry posted:

I like this!

It's from Stay Home Club.

https://stayhomeclub.com/

They do some collabs with emo bands, that patch is one of them, and their own stuff.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Lawen posted:

:):hf::)

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

OniPanda posted:

Caught the last show of that tour. Fuckin rocked :regd10:

:regd10: Saw the 2nd to last, had permission to go to the last one as well but was too tired. Because I'm old.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Sounding rods

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Pics please. In use if you can

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Anyone have a good tupperware/food storage set they'd recommend? 2 people, various sizes, meal prep oriented set would be ideal. Locking lids necessity.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

H110Hawk posted:

:regd10: Saw the 2nd to last, had permission to go to the last one as well but was too tired. Because I'm old.

If I hadn't paid as much for tickets/it wasn't Slayer's last show, I might have stayed home as well, also cause old. Can't rock out like I used to...

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
I worked for FujiFilm 2004-12 and did a lot of work on their digital photo kiosks. Pretty much everything about them was bespoke, so I'd hazard a guess that the only information you're going to find is going to be from people who serviced them when they were in use - I highly doubt any part of that system beyond the component level (like the processor, RAM, hard drives, etc.) was ever a common off the shelf part.

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

Anyone have a good tupperware/food storage set they'd recommend? 2 people, various sizes, meal prep oriented set would be ideal. Locking lids necessity.

I like the Rubbermaid sets, like this:

Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids Food Storage Containers, Racer Red, Set of 24 7J98 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004A8HX1W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_4qpjEbQEGH17N

The tops fit on multiple sizes of bottoms and also click together for easy storage. They are BPA-free, thick enough so they don’t crack, but cheap enough so it isn’t a disaster if you lose them.

If you are packing soups, I like the ziplock twist and lock. They are cheap, pretty durable, and definitely won’t leak in your bag.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Guilty posted:

Pics please. In use if you can

I guess I shouldn’t really be surprised but if anyone cares Amazon dot com apparently does sell quite a variety of things designed to insert into your dick hole.

beanieson has a new favorite as of 02:43 on Jan 20, 2020

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Lol, I kind of assumed that he meant dousing rods and internet-brain poisoning made him make a Freudian slip

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Staryberry posted:

I like the Rubbermaid sets, like this:

Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids Food Storage Containers, Racer Red, Set of 24 7J98 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004A8HX1W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_4qpjEbQEGH17N

The tops fit on multiple sizes of bottoms and also click together for easy storage. They are BPA-free, thick enough so they don’t crack, but cheap enough so it isn’t a disaster if you lose them.

If you are packing soups, I like the ziplock twist and lock. They are cheap, pretty durable, and definitely won’t leak in your bag.

I was going to suggest these too.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

I love the IKEA 365+ glass containers with locking lids. They are worth the extra dough IMO if you are serious about prepping. Can go in freezer, microwave, oven (not lid), & dishwasher.
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/cat/ikea-365-food-storage-series-07694/

I only use those plastic ones for things that don't get heated in microwave. The leeching of color/taste into plastic after heating disgusts me.

I have these awesome little glass babyfood jars for little snacks and such, but they seem expensive on Amazon, so maybe look around?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

djfooboo posted:

I love the IKEA 365+ glass containers with locking lids. They are worth the extra dough IMO if you are serious about prepping. Can go in freezer, microwave, oven (not lid), & dishwasher.
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/cat/ikea-365-food-storage-series-07694/

These are perfect, I'll swing by Ikea this week and grab a set. Thanks!

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

1redflag posted:

Lol, I kind of assumed that he meant dousing rods and internet-brain poisoning made him make a Freudian slip

No I purchased long cones to shove up into my dick.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Strange thing I didn't know existed until I typed Minolta into eBay least week. Viewfinder diopter correctors.

These are new old stock and one of them is my prescription perfectly, a -3. They work bloody well too. No more shooting through glasses for me.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

No it will not. People that don't wash their cast iron are gross. A properly seasoned pan will have the oil polymerized and it will take a hell of a lot more than a little soap to strip it.

I scrape my pans constantly, always use a metal spatula and I scrape and scrape when cooking, both to loosen stuff that sticks but it also slowly smooths out the metal and it gets rid of any spot of seasoning that is not well adhered, it's kinda like survival of the fittest.

Some soap and scrubbing is nothing when a metal spatula can't get it off. Though wipe it with oil afterwards as the soap makes it prone to rusting if not very dry.

e: I'm sorry did I arrive too late for this discussion?

His Divine Shadow has a new favorite as of 14:01 on Jan 20, 2020

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Never too late for cast iron chat :discourse:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I use copper to clean my cast iron and it doesn't even begin to mess with the seasoning coating, even with soap. Just dry it well and rub oil back into it after washing to keep it from holding any water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I just wipe mine with oil and heat it until I see water bubble out of it or I smell the smoke and remember to turn off the stove.