Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
im used to bong hits so whenever i smoke a joint it doesnt really do anything except make me horny. plus it seems so wasteful, look at all this pot smoke that isnt going into my body. yes i know how to smoke the joint, yes im inhaling, it just doesnt work as good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
ive been smoking out of a goddamn beer can the last few nights because my girlfriend's pipe disappeared right out of my hand somehow. im pretty ashamed, although it does work okay

Also, this battery I bought is flashing at me when I put this new disposable cartridge on it, my luck just isn't good recently

probably goin to the weed store tonight and ill just grab one of their cheapo pipes

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

DELETE CASCADE posted:

im used to bong hits so whenever i smoke a joint it doesnt really do anything except make me horny. plus it seems so wasteful, look at all this pot smoke that isnt going into my body. yes i know how to smoke the joint, yes im inhaling, it just doesnt work as good

:same: unless I'm piss drunk and step out of a bar for a minute joints just don't make sense.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
Weird question, but why are joints harsher than blunts?

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Stopped by the dispensary and the state servers were down so I couldn’t get my edibles. :mad:

I had previously gotten Verano(?) gummies which were loving AWFUL to ingest, and Betty’s Eddies, which were amazing. (Okay not so much the Bedtime ones - I don’t know what strain was used but it made my anxiety go through the drat roof.)

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

ok so it looks like vape pens are now in stock at the ocs. I've only used flower and I don't know anything about this, but I'm interested in giving it a try.

here's everything they sell:
https://ocs.ca/collections/vapes?product=4350457939788

looks like most of it is 510 cartridges? and I think I need like a vape to plug those in to or something? the other category for vapes is 'batteries' (https://ocs.ca/collections/vaporizer-batteries-and-accessories?product=4350454597452) and only has one thing that seems like it plugs in to the cartridges (https://ocs.ca/products/power-510-battery)?

can someone give me a rundown on what I need to do to get going? I'm pretty lost

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

piratepilates posted:

ok so it looks like vape pens are now in stock at the ocs. I've only used flower and I don't know anything about this, but I'm interested in giving it a try.

looks like most of it is 510 cartridges? and I think I need like a vape to plug those in to or something? the other category for vapes is 'batteries' (https://ocs.ca/collections/vaporizer-batteries-and-accessories?product=4350454597452) and only has one thing that seems like it plugs in to the cartridges (https://ocs.ca/products/power-510-battery)?

can someone give me a rundown on what I need to do to get going? I'm pretty lost

510 is the thread type iirc, so it works with just about every pen-style rechargeable battery. The person at the dispensary should be able to direct you as to which battery will work best with the cartridge you acquire.
The concentrate in the cartridge is what you want to focus on because some taste like absolute fuckin' garbage.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I get carts from distillate direct, always been super happy with the quality and appears to be about half the price.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

DELETE CASCADE posted:

you can get just as high off joints as you can off bong hits. if you find that you're not getting high off joints then roll a bigger one.

joints are the best way of smoking for two reasons. first of all rolling joints is a beautiful craft and when you get good at it it feels really good. and also joints are always fresh, they don't need to be cleaned or taste like a dirty bowl/vaporizer. i use the cardboard tips in them so i just toss it when it gets short. lately i find myself tossing it sooner and sooner.

Agrinja posted:

i find joints to be a lot less harsh than blunts. my guess why people might say that blunts are less harsh is that blunts have tobacco in there, and some people think that makes smoking weed smoother, but i havent smoked a backwoods or a whatever in years. the only blunts i have smoked have been in cbd wraps, which are fine but i suspect they dont have a lot of cbd in them.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i made some bubble hash out of my trim and it's like almost as strong as bho. the yield isn't quite as much as i could get from bho, but it's great to have free concentrate.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

weed makes beer taste so good but i don't like getting drunk while high. dilemma of a pickle here

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

weed makes beer taste so good but i don't like getting drunk while high. dilemma of a pickle here

I doubt even weed could make it taste good, but you could try the bud prohibition non-alcoholic stuff.

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
Scenario:

I had about 1/4oz of excess old misc strains of flower that were pretty dried out, so I had the brilliant idea to grind all of it up and just make a small jar of shake for when I'm too lazy to grind up fresh flower.

Mistake:

I had just consumed fresh flower before coming up with this idea, and thought using a coffee grinder was the most expedient way to do it. Unfortunately
(?) the grinder only has one setting: fine ground.

Issue:

I now have a small jar of fine powdered weed and don't know what to do with it. I don't even know if it's still usable?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
buy more weed and sprinkle the weed dust over it

i bought an oura vape. it loving sucks poo poo. the glass piece doesn't attach properly and the touch button is horrible design. in case this helps anyone out there

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Tipps posted:

Scenario:

I had about 1/4oz of excess old misc strains of flower that were pretty dried out, so I had the brilliant idea to grind all of it up and just make a small jar of shake for when I'm too lazy to grind up fresh flower.

Mistake:

I had just consumed fresh flower before coming up with this idea, and thought using a coffee grinder was the most expedient way to do it. Unfortunately
(?) the grinder only has one setting: fine ground.

Issue:

I now have a small jar of fine powdered weed and don't know what to do with it. I don't even know if it's still usable?

vape it

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
The grind is too fine for the glass tubes of my Solo 2, so I'd just be inhaling a mouth full of weed dust. I haven't tried with a mesh though, admittedly.

Mozi posted:

buy more weed and sprinkle the weed dust over it

I like this idea thank you.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
make firecrackers imo, if they're that fine they'll probably just decarb in the oven

note: i dont know poo poo about how any of it actually works and just follow a rote routine every time

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Yeah cook with it. Either firecrackers or make some budder, fine ground is what you want for that sorta thing.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

do some lines

Ragtime All The Time
Apr 6, 2011

What’s a firecracker?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Tipps posted:

The grind is too fine for the glass tubes of my Solo 2, so I'd just be inhaling a mouth full of weed dust. I haven't tried with a mesh though, admittedly.

I like this idea thank you.

Roll it up and smoke it

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Ragtime All The Time posted:

What’s a firecracker?

https://hightimes.com/edibles/how-make-firecrackers/

Its weed on peanut butter on a cracker.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Video Nasty posted:

510 is the thread type iirc, so it works with just about every pen-style rechargeable battery. The person at the dispensary should be able to direct you as to which battery will work best with the cartridge you acquire.
The concentrate in the cartridge is what you want to focus on because some taste like absolute fuckin' garbage.

You'd think that but I bought a new cartridge and it makes my pen battery blink without firing for some reason. It's frustrating because it's a whole gram of oil that I can't even touch right now

Went to the weed store yesterday and bought a bunch of concentrates since I still have at least a half ounce of flower left from the new years sale. There was a sale on disposables (two half gram disposable pens for 50 bucks) so I got a couple of those and then three grams of different sugars and live resins. It's nice to be stocked up, although honestly I feel bad for even buying disposables and probably won't do that again. That's a lot of garbage created just to smoke a half gram of oil

Oh, and I also bought a ten dollar pipe since I managed to lose my girlfriend's and I've been using a drat beer can

Agrinja posted:

I'm not sure that's even universally true, but to the extent it is true I'd guess because they burn much faster whereas blunt wraps can be more damp and burn more slowly. It really depends on the type of weed and the type of rolls you're using, though

I'm a huge fan of the clear cellulose rolls, for example, which burn a little more like a blunt than a joint.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
wtf is this poo poo.

https://ocs.ca/products/64-cocoa-dark-chocolate

$10 for 10mg? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

I'm about to make some firecrackers, got the weed in the oven deoxycarbolizing right now. The problem I have with this recipe is it says to deoxycarb for 20 minutes, then bake @ 300°F for 20 minutes.

Isn't that going to cook all the THC out?

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
Yeah, didn't consider it might not be universal. I really like the High Hemp cbd rolls. Kind of doubtful of the cbd content but they smoke smoother than any papers I've tried. What's the smoothest paper?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Agrinja posted:

Yeah, didn't consider it might not be universal. I really like the High Hemp cbd rolls. Kind of doubtful of the cbd content but they smoke smoother than any papers I've tried. What's the smoothest paper?

For my money it's the aforementioned clear cellulose-based papers. I can't taste a drat thing, might as well be smoking a cylinder of weed with nothing on it. Plus they look cool how you can see the weed inside. They're a little harder to roll so often I will use those little joint rolling machines to roll up a bunch of perfect ones for later

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
Thanks for the tip, I ordered some up. We'll see how they smoking a couple days.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Zipperelli. posted:

I'm about to make some firecrackers, got the weed in the oven deoxycarbolizing right now. The problem I have with this recipe is it says to deoxycarb for 20 minutes, then bake @ 300°F for 20 minutes.

Isn't that going to cook all the THC out?

If your just tossing the weed in the PB then just decarb it and your done. I just decarbd 5 grams and put them straight in gel caps. Taking like 2-3 every few hours........stoned

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

If you don't like getting drunk and high, how do you drink bottle of red wine while you blow through a quarter in an evening

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

piratepilates posted:

I ended up going to the friendly neighbourhood cannabis store after work and picked up one of these kits: https://ocs.ca/products/trainwreck-redee-510-thread-vape-kit

seems like an alright price and comes with a battery, so hopefully I can use this with other cartridges until I figure my poo poo out and get a better battery.

2mg a square, now that's a scam right there. I guess the initial regulations are 10mg per pack, and everyone jacks up their prices like an rear end in a top hat. stick it to the man by buying (or growing) your own flour and making some butters or oils.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Agrinja posted:

Thanks for the tip, I ordered some up. We'll see how they smoking a couple days.

it's like i reached through the screen and affected your life in some minuscule but rad way. brings a tear to my eye. could be that im just stoned though

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Weed after liquor, never been sicker.

Liquor after weed, how nice indeed.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
oh wow trainwreck that brings me back. can't remember the last time i saw some trainwreck for sale

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I haven't seen Trainwreck in years either but I remember it being particularly good

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

purple death ray posted:

"Chapter 2 dankruptcy"

Please make sure this goes on my headstone.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Put half a gram of reclaim in my mac and cheese for dinner, and it's all I can taste.

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

PokeJoe posted:

I haven't seen Trainwreck in years either but I remember it being particularly good

trainwreck, more like brainwreck. I'm working through a cart of it and it gets me very, very high.
I love it

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I have a friend who got high after a long time of not smoking, like 10 years. He said he did an edible and then a few hits off a vape pen. The edible was a store bought gummy (10mg) and the vape was cookies and cream.

He said that later on he felt really hosed up... heart pounding and feeling like it was skipping beats, shaking, cold and hot, etc. Chest pounding and all that.

It sounds like a panic attack or anxiety. Looking at the news about this, it seems that edibles are more apt to result in weird side effects than smoking. Sucks. Anyone have any experience like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

yeah that's how you gently caress yourself up after a t-break. especially hitting the smokes/vape when you think the edible isn't kicking in. :catdrugs: