Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Soul eater is definitely the funniest one and it absolutely does look like the game glitched because like they wouldn't just allow your character to get so big you can only see their legs right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Acht posted:

So this actually happened. :)

I told him someone from "the forum where I posted our playthrough" wanted to lend him a HH and I think he said "For real?" about 7 times while smiling.
He doesn't really know what the belt does and it was quite difficult to explain. Experiencing is probably best, so we did some maps. Nemesis/Beyond. He was laughing all the way through, haha. Especially Soul Eater I think? Where he gets massive. He kept yelling he "glitched". Other highlights were becoming razor fast, which he absolutely loved! He didn't kill anything, but just zoomed across and back. :D

There were also a few buffs that teleported him all over the place, which seemed to irritate him slightly. That's life, kid. Can't all be winners.

Massive thanks again, Zenithe. And before anyone notices, my son really doesn't understand the username from Zenithe. ;)

This whips

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

MMF Freeway posted:

Soul eater is definitely the funniest one and it absolutely does look like the game glitched because like they wouldn't just allow your character to get so big you can only see their legs right?

Yes. There was a video a few pages ago that showed just that.

Acht posted:

There were also a few buffs that teleported him all over the place, which seemed to irritate him slightly. That's life, kid. Can't all be winners.

That would be Shroud Walker, which resulted in one of my favorite clips of someone in a super deep Delve picking that mod up (a super bad thing to have in Delve), so he takes off the belt to remove the buff...and dies with the belt on his cursor.

Sadly someone else was able to go in there and fish it out for him.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

whypick1 posted:

That would be Shroud Walker, which resulted in one of my favorite clips of someone in a super deep Delve picking that mod up (a super bad thing to have in Delve), so he takes off the belt to remove the buff...and dies with the belt on his cursor.

Sadly someone else was able to go in there and fish it out for him.

Oh yes! I remember that clip, haha.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I can do it :negative:

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Elentor posted:

I can do it :negative:

Just 31 beachhead rotas to go!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not doing rotas, mostly playing with my friends.
So just a lot more than that to go.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Today: Sold a 21/23 raise zombies jewel for 8 ex
Also Today: My 4ex animate guardian who could stand in the centre of sirus's storms without anything happening died to a white pack of baranite mobs

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I'm blown away that you got "Aerith"

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I saw some screenshots really early on in the league showing there's one particular white Baran mob that hit a guy for 12k ES in 1 hit on a map with no damage mods.

I've never actually gotten hit by it I guess because I honestly don't know what attack it is that does that or what monster uses it.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

Today: Sold a 21/23 raise zombies jewel for 8 ex
Also Today: My 4ex animate guardian who could stand in the centre of sirus's storms without anything happening died to a white pack of baranite mobs

The only things in the game that make me nervous are baran spawns and acid caverns boss. It's absurd how overtuned both of these are with the wrong combination of mods.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Ultima66 posted:

I saw some screenshots really early on in the league showing there's one particular white Baran mob that hit a guy for 12k ES in 1 hit on a map with no damage mods.

I've never actually gotten hit by it I guess because I honestly don't know what attack it is that does that or what monster uses it.

In this case I"m pretty sure it was a combination of extra projectiles, chain, inc aoe that let the guys who have lightning-magma orb just shotgun him into oblivion.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Shout out to baranite thaumaturges who can cast the lightning ground thing at you from like two screens away

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

In this case I"m pretty sure it was a combination of extra projectiles, chain, inc aoe that let the guys who have lightning-magma orb just shotgun him into oblivion.

Speaking of this the other day I got Deadly Rivalry V to pop on a map with +2 chain and super buffed + ghosted Natalie Portman with her GMP Lightning Arrow spawned. It turns out +2 chain lightning arrows from a turbo buffed rogue exile is not a good combination with my build that drops 6 totems in half a second, all of them spawning at my feet.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Glad there's at least a pantheon for that. That's brutal

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MMF Freeway posted:

I'm blown away that you got "Aerith"

Honestly, to this day, so am I.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Xenthalon posted:

Alright, I did it, Sirius is down. This was my first league of PoE, I had last played the game when it still had 3 acts... there were LOTS of new systems to learn.

I played the silly broken skellymancer build, got lucky during the campaign and already got my 6l armor from a card draw and didn't really change gear after map rank 5 or something. Entirely SSF (because I was scared of trading :D) I still downed Sirius on my first try, just one death.

That build sure is broken, I didn't really have to engage with any boss mechanics, just stand back and evade. Still a good build for a newbie, it leaves a lot of time to learn all the delve/temple/incursion etc mechanics. Gonna play a more active build next league though :)

Keep posting men, I keep learning a lot from this thread.

There's a million skellymancer builds, which one did you use? I'm kinda winging it right now (with great success).

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Elentor posted:

Honestly, to this day, so am I.

Lmao this rules

Xenthalon
Jun 28, 2010

poemdexter posted:

There's a million skellymancer builds, which one did you use? I'm kinda winging it right now (with great success).

This one, it was linked somewhere here in the thread.

This is my character I just killed Sirius with, probably not the best gear, but easy enough with that build.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
Path of Exile: Metamorph - Wily Sirus

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Path of Exile: Why So Sirus

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Path of Exile: Metamorph - Frankenstein had some good ideas

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So this wand just dropped from Tane and I think it might be like the best thing ever for my necromancer Witch? Do these bonuses apply to my minions? This wand is listed under good stuff to have for Summon Raging Spirits so I assume it does? Its not clear what bonuses apply to my minions.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
They do not apply to your minions.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Rutibex posted:

So this wand just dropped from Tane and I think it might be like the best thing ever for my necromancer Witch? Do these bonuses apply to my minions? This wand is listed under good stuff to have for Summon Raging Spirits so I assume it does? Its not clear what bonuses apply to my minions.

Uniques in this game generally fall under 4 categories:

1. God-tier, valuable no matter what (ex. Headhunter)
2. Has a niche, valuable with good rolls (ex. Facebreaker)
3. Good for leveling and that's about it (ex. Wanderlust)
4. Trash (ex. Veil of the Night)

Most uniques would be in the latter two categories, especially if you're still in the campaign (quite a few in the first category only drop from specific bosses). That helmet you found would be in the 3rd, that wand is in the 4th. Getting an item filter can help you sort that out. That being said, I still pick up all uniques if possible, if only because they vendor for more than other items.

As for what mods apply to minions: does it specifically say "minion"? If not, then no.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jan 18, 2020

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Never forget the short period Veil of the Night was meta and allowed people to delve 5000+ depth.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Arrhythmia posted:

They do not apply to your minions.

whypick1 posted:

Uniques in this game generally fall under 4 categories:

1. God-tier, valuable no matter what (ex. Headhunter)
2. Has a niche, valuable with good rolls (ex. Facebreaker)
3. Good for leveling and that's about it (ex. Wanderlust)
4. Trash (ex. Veil of the Night)

Most uniques would be in the latter two categories, especially if you're still in the campaign (quite a few in the first category only drop from specific bosses). That helmet you found would be in the 3rd, that wand is in the 4th. Getting an item filter can help you sort that out. That being said, I still pick up all uniques if possible, if only because they vendor for more than other items.

As for what mods apply to minions: does it specifically say "minion"? If not, then no.
:(
Aww I wasted two orbs linking the slots and everything. I'm still going to use it, the wand I was using before didn't have any useful modifiers I was just using it for 3 linked slots anyway. :shrug:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
True ecstasy can only come from Veil of the Night immortal builds.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The thing about uniques (and rares, to a lesser degree) is that just because something is good, doesn't mean it's valuable. And just because it's valuable, doesn't mean it's good for every build.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Vasudus posted:

The thing about uniques (and rares, to a lesser degree) is that just because something is good, doesn't mean it's valuable. And just because it's valuable, doesn't mean it's good for every build.

First thing I do when reaching maps is buy Randowstride boots which are cool and good and I almost never see being used even early in leagues. Usually 2 chaos or so.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Freedom is not picking up uniques

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Managed to bring the atlas to 8 Awakened like I wanted, but this conqueror spawning RNG is too stupid so I'll probably stop by now

I killed aw 7 sirus deathless with my Vortex/Cold Snap Occultist with no big problems, 8 would prob be easy too.

I really want to test myself against Uber Elder but getting those fragments sounds like a loving pain in the rear end so I'll skip that

Metamorphs are an ok mechanic but getting one shot by them out of nowhere in T15-16 gets tiring and whatever with no counterplay

Overall I rate this league 7/10 for me, had some good times but I hope the next one is a lot better

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Deegan posted:

It seems as if skeletons are supposed to be the main DPS of the build, but I'm ending up with my zombies and raging spirits doing most of the work because the skellies don't stay around long enough. Should I be treating my skellies as my right mouse cast instead of my raging spirits?

Not familiar with your build specifically, but I'm running the pure phys skelly build and at level 93 my skeletons have a duration of 28.x seconds (forget the exact amount) which means they usually die prior to their duration running out if there is a lot of poo poo going on, or the fight is over when the duration runs out. There are some exceptions, but no, you won't be constantly spamming skeletons. I probably spam them too much and lose DPS to them running back into the fight because I resummon them too often.

Also as someone else mentioned, you get 4 skeletons per cast later on. I can summon 12 total so it's only 3 quick casts and they are up, and then I can just run around looking to see if there is any interesting loot falling from the corpses as they surge off screen ahead of me while my faithful zombies chill around me in a pack to protect me from evil.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

frajaq posted:

Managed to bring the atlas to 8 Awakened like I wanted, but this conqueror spawning RNG is too stupid so I'll probably stop by now

I really want to test myself against Uber Elder but getting those fragments sounds like a loving pain in the rear end so I'll skip that

Conqueror RNG hasn't been that bad for me honestly. Being able to get taunts 2 and 3 from white maps helps (to the point where I actually made sure all map drops show up on my filter).

Keep doing Zanas for a chance to get Elder/Shaper maps. Good news is that they just changed it so that if she gives you an Elder occupied Shaper map you get both frags, whereas before you just got the Elder one.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

whypick1 posted:

Keep doing Zanas for a chance to get Elder/Shaper maps. Good news is that they just changed it so that if she gives you an Elder occupied Shaper map you get both frags, whereas before you just got the Elder one.

Hmm interesting I might run more maps these weekends and try to fight the other bosses

Like yeah I imagined the very first patch of this fresh new atlas would have clunky issues and things they would need to patch up, so I'm VERY excited for the next league which will presumably have meatier league content and a patched up atlas system

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Locator posted:

Not familiar with your build specifically, but I'm running the pure phys skelly build and at level 93 my skeletons have a duration of 28.x seconds (forget the exact amount) which means they usually die prior to their duration running out if there is a lot of poo poo going on, or the fight is over when the duration runs out. There are some exceptions, but no, you won't be constantly spamming skeletons. I probably spam them too much and lose DPS to them running back into the fight because I resummon them too often.

Also as someone else mentioned, you get 4 skeletons per cast later on. I can summon 12 total so it's only 3 quick casts and they are up, and then I can just run around looking to see if there is any interesting loot falling from the corpses as they surge off screen ahead of me while my faithful zombies chill around me in a pack to protect me from evil.

Last league I did phys skellies and their total duration was over 50 seconds.

If you feel like clicking even less, you can grab a From Dust jewel, which lets you summon an additional 4 skellies per cast, at the cost of adding a 1 second cooldown to the summon. It's pretty handy while leveling but not worth the jewel socket at endgame.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Never forget the short period Veil of the Night was meta and allowed people to delve 5000+ depth.

Go on...

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Veil of the Night + Gluttony of Elements + at least 51% of phys taken as elemental + CI = total immunity to hits. Gluttony's healing happens simultaneously with the hit, therefore your healing is more than the damage taken, therefore you can't die. Veil is needed for this setup because any resistances mean you have to get that much more physical damage taken as elemental.

Of course, this is limited by Gluttony of Elements' uptime, as it's a Vaal skill.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
The solution to the uptime problem was to have more than one person with Gluttony of Elements (and Soul Catcher) so that they could alternate using them and thus keep it up on the entire party. GGG fixed this by ensuring that if you're affected by Gluttony of Elements from another party member your soul gain prevention will not tick down.

There are still some ways of surviving extremely deep Delves but mainly those involve evasion, dodge, block, and killing everything before it can kill you. Hardcore leagues are where delves truly have a depth cap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Was there a reason other than convenience to use Veil rather than a set of cool gear that's cheap because it doesn't have any resists? If you had resists of -60 you'd need less phys taken as ele.