Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
He has eyebrows!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
rapidly rubbing his hand over his dome to produce enough skin flakes to form an edible pile

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

How about you never post that again

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Eej posted:

rapidly rubbing his hand over his dome to produce enough skin flakes to form an edible pile

Don't do this. Only villains do this.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
He must have eaten Italian in Morioh. Please don't consume Pearl Jam-spiced dishes in public.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Im enjoying the heroes getting toyed with by the League of Villains. The Yakuza are super dumb, if you knew the heroes were coming you should have gotten the gently caress out of there asap.

Btw, first time posting here but is there a reason why Eri's power can be weaponised? Deku had to ingest DNA to gain powers, so maybe it's possible to transfer super powers. Does that mean All For One's power was actually DNA absorption through touch...

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Suspicious Lump posted:

Im enjoying the heroes getting toyed with by the League of Villains. The Yakuza are super dumb, if you knew the heroes were coming you should have gotten the gently caress out of there asap.

Btw, first time posting here but is there a reason why Eri's power can be weaponised? Deku had to ingest DNA to gain powers, so maybe it's possible to transfer super powers. Does that mean All For One's power was actually DNA absorption through touch...

Wrong thread? I mean you can ask this here you just might get more spoilers than you expect.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Take "anime" out of the manga thread title.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

Take "anime" out of the manga thread title.

Counterpoint: Add manga to the anime thread title because it's funny.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

LostRook posted:

The anime thread used to be called "My Hero Academia Anime: It's not the manga thread"

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
It's really not that hard to read. The thread tags are clear also.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

and yet here we are

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
again

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Suspicious Lump posted:

Science bulshit, it's not normally but you can technically do science bullshit to do so, maybe but he doesn't seem take anything but quirk stuff

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So, some leaks are up, but there is some fakeness. We do get one piece of information: Nana's quirk was levitation

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Junpei posted:

So, some leaks are up, but there is some fakeness. We do get one piece of information: Nana's quirk was levitation

Maaaybe the air walking quirk AFO was using? Hard to say until we see the chapter.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Yeah sorry guys, I'm an idiot. I bet this happens a lot.

LostRook posted:

this.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Black Whip only lasts for a second?

So, that two-page spread from last chapter all happened within that time frame? What about when Deku caught the cars in 251?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Vinylshadow posted:

So, that two-page spread from last chapter all happened within that time frame? What about when Deku caught the cars in 251?

You're saying this like anime seconds aren't stupidly long.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Clearly it goes by D&D rules and they last one round, and how well you can use it comes entirely down to convincing the DM that you can do what you want to do in the time given.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
The good ol' "as the plot demands" rule.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Another chapter of that Team-Up spin-off was translated. https://mangadex.org/chapter/784873

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Junpei posted:

I feel like giving Deku access to the ability to fly is a bit of a mistake. He already has enough movement abilities between Gran Torino jumping, air blasts and the black whips.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Vinylshadow posted:

One Frieza second.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nephthys posted:

I feel like giving Deku access to the ability to fly is a bit of a mistake. He already has enough movement abilities between Gran Torino jumping, air blasts and the black whips.

It does bolster the fan theory that Deku will end up giving away his quirks, though.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Nephthys posted:

On the other hand, we get Midoriya attempting to figure out how to fly, which is certain to be hilarious.

Also, cute scenes where Uraraka teaches him how, since for once she doesn't have to mimic him; she can already fly.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
He should practice by kicking the air quickly but weakly to hover in place anyway.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

M_Gargantua posted:

He should practice by kicking the air quickly but weakly to hover in place anyway.

CP9 style?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Official translation is out:

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006181

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
...Did Horikoshi read my mind with my earlier comment about how there aren't any clubs?

Because someone straight-up says that the Hero Course doesn't have any clubs.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Well, that's a helluva cliffhanger. Wonder what enhanced Shiggy/the Doctor/Liberation Army did?

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Holy poo poo, it's been a while since I've seen her in the manga but has Nana been depicted that ripped before?

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Viridiant posted:

Holy poo poo, it's been a while since I've seen her in the manga but has Nana been depicted that ripped before?

I don't think so because I've always thought it was kinda weird that Nana was kinda thin despite having One For All while All Might was a huge beefy boi. It's cool that she got some muscle mass on her to look properly intimidating and like she could at least stand her ground against All For One

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I'm kind of wondering if All Might wants Deku to get float because it would be useful, or if it's because he wants him to meet Nana. Both, I'd wager, though flying never seemed to be an issue for All Might.

Aside from that, it has to be intentional that the same week Nighteye dies in the anime, All Might reflects on it in the manga, right? I like it.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Viridiant posted:

Yeah, that’s a no, but it makes sense. If her quirk is float, is she actually flying or just floating there? I like the idea that deku can float but not fly...

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Whoever said Float seems redundant is right. But is there anything more than just wishful thinking behind the theory that Deku will be giving away his quirks?

Great chapter. It's always nice seeing the students hanging out and having fun.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Viridiant posted:

I don't think so. Looks cool tho

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Viz chapter for these who like reading two pages at a time: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-257/chapter/19849

Cook's trivia should be ready later tonight.

For some reason this whole chapter feels really ominous to me, and that's even before I got to the cliffhanger at the end.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
All the quirks that the previous holders had get powered up, so Nana's float probably powers up to Superman flight. Which I imagine is pretty useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fabricated posted:

All the quirks that the previous holders had get powered up, so Nana's float probably powers up to Superman flight. Which I imagine is pretty useful.

... up until Deku accidentally launches himself into the stratosphere and has to figure out how to get back to the ground.