Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

eric ciaramella posted:

it's a lot easier to agitate for war with "terrorists" than with the good ol white boys in russia. world is a gently caress.

iran also has fewer powerful allies, and everyone is conditioned to accept western meddling and bombing in the ME so they know they can get away with their adventurism in Iran

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
get hosed nahzee

https://twitter.com/erik_pindera/status/1217856242611380226?s=20

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Nazis in the reserves, well i never...

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

An attempt to go full Operation: Useless Dirt in Iran would open soft targets around the world up to unconventional attack by proxies. Open ground war in Iran would make the 16+ year Iraq misadventure seem like a calm stroll along the Tigris, plus the above.

Iran is a pretty serious regional player.

e. double double word word

Guest2553 has issued a correction as of 14:19 on Jan 17, 2020

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Nice.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

DariusLikewise posted:

its minus 26 outside and it hasnt stopped snowing since sunday night, do i win

lucky ducky

Of course a Chinook is coming so we will swing from -30 to 7 or 9 in a few days

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Oh its that guy! They found him!

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Hello, I’m in Delaware

Great CanCon, never knew it was about a nazi.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/SleepyDjango/status/1217936330748919810

lmao, eat poo poo Pete! Even the failing NYT knows about your bread crimes 🍞📈🍞📈🍞📈🍞📈🍞📈

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Yikes, stay safe Newfoundland goons. I do not miss winters in the maritimes.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

get hosed nahzee

chaser:

https://twitter.com/rk_thorpe/status/1218329174865317889?s=20

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
stay safe newfoundgoons

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

ive always wanted to live in a network of tunnels and now thanks to the snow i can

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
vancouver survived, barely. I believe in you newfies.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

I'm curious just how, uh, delayed, Mathews is given how his fellow reservists spoke of him and how the Nazis decided it would be better to just knock him off before doing crimes.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Salean posted:

ive always wanted to live in a network of tunnels and now thanks to the snow i can

I was living in PEI for the meme winter. Some of those pics of tunnels came from my community. Good times

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

The meme winter?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
drat Newfies gotta one up BCers

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/rk_thorpe/status/1218329270419968000

holy poo poo he was too crazy for the american nazis

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Another Bill posted:

https://twitter.com/rk_thorpe/status/1218329270419968000

holy poo poo he was too crazy for the american nazis

a very special boy

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

We're not sending our best.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Normy posted:

The meme winter?

WHen PEI got snowed off the map, few years back. Made international news. Possibly in the before times.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

PEI made international news?

Surely you jest

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

infernal machines posted:

PEI made international news?

Surely you jest

I can't be assed to dig into google further, I remember BBC and a few others picking up the story. Was the talk of the province, which is usually so forgettable it gets left off maps.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/snow-what-snow

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

manitoba PCs are privatizing social housing

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

uh, what?

so, just "housing" then?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Instead of government paying for something directly it'd be better if we could insert some middlemen into the process to gradually (or not so gradually) reduce the amount of money actually being used to help people.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i'm reasonably sure you can't privatize "social" housing without it becoming just the garden variety of housing, in which you pay rent to a landlord

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:hist101:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 04:48 on Jun 20, 2021

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

easy prediction of the day: NL is gonna have an impressive baby boom come september-october

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Doubt it They're gonna be too tired from shoveling to get busy.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Probably will experience a massive die off if baby boomers due to the shoveling

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/OriginalYoni/status/1218913793457250304

:yeshaha: crush car culture

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Is it worse than when Newfoundland was covered in spiderwebs?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
They had a state of emergency and banned cars from the road. It was great. Only a little bit of the road was cleared, but you could walk in the middle of it without fear. You had way more space than you had confined to the sidewalk in summertime. Everyone was out walking around and kids were playing in the street.

The news says we should be scared of the snow but they cancelled work and banned cars and everyone is having fun.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Time to show Newfoundland that cars are dumb and fat bikes are the funnest way to travel in the city.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Do they have cities in Newfoundland?

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

infernal machines posted:

Do they have cities in Newfoundland?

They got a cute little baby one

Dr. Stab posted:

The news says we should be scared of the snow but they cancelled work and banned cars and everyone is having fun.

It'd be too long but new thread title!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Blood Boils posted:

They got a cute little baby one

It'd be too long but new thread title!

Canada SPAM: cancel work, ban cars, snow day for everyone