Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Io_ posted:

January 30th: Bruno Fernandes signs for Manchested United for Euro 65 million + addons

That, or Sporting get tired of Ed’s bullshit and sell him to Bayern or somethig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Noise that Bruno is agitating to not play against Benfica today. Hopefully this is actually decent strategy with Bruno kicking a fuss, but we all know it'll end up Ed scrambling and having a 70m offer turned down on deadline day.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I honestly think the much talked about plan of "Bruno plays in the derby and then signs for United after" seems like lunacy. Whoops, someone kicked his leg to poo poo in the derby. Now what?

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Then they just would punt the deal 6 months.Sporting is willing to take that risk. Better they loose with Bruno on the field, than loose and be permanently wondering what would have happened if he played.i think that would legit topple sporting's president, because that club is a trainwreck of drama.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Wolves rumored to sign some 19-20year old Ecuadoran striker named Campana. 6-2 with a bit of pace and good holdup play apparently. Very much in the same mold as Jimenez. Looking forward to signing him and Nuno continuing to play the same 11 every week.

E: also recalled their loan of Ryan Giles (from league 1 ffs) a left winger because apparently our backup wingback did his hammy. The state of wolves transfers.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
What happened to Mean Bean Machine? I’d like to know what he thinks about Fernandes.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1218160879784681472
Wow, this had seemed to be all sewn up a couple of days ago, Roma had been posting about Politano on their social media pages.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Bruno Fernandes named in Sporting's squad for the match against Benfica lol

He's gonna get wrecked over 15m euros lmao

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

tao of lmao posted:

E: also recalled their loan of Ryan Giles (from league 1 ffs) a left winger because apparently our backup wingback did his hammy. The state of wolves transfers.

Not sure what's supposed to be wrong with this. Billy big bollocks Wolves too good to loan players to League One now?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

sassassin posted:

Not sure what's supposed to be wrong with this. Billy big bollocks Wolves too good to loan players to League One now?

No, that we’re recalling league one players to our senior team because we have the thinnest squad on the planet.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1218160879784681472
Wow, this had seemed to be all sewn up a couple of days ago, Roma had been posting about Politano on their social media pages.

I read somewhere that Spinazzola wasn't going to pass a medical or something. I know Milan was after Politano for some reason earlier but I thought that was all settled since this seemed like it was going through.

Politano barely plays under Conte; his agent has some work to do.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

tao of lmao posted:

No, that we’re recalling league one players to our senior team because we have the thinnest squad on the planet.

I remember when Swansea fans were aghast at the idea of a young player sitting on the bench, too. PL money changes people.

Now they're still aghast but only if it's a player from our own academy, Chelsea is fine (exciting even).

edit: The lad did better at Shrewsbury than Dan James did.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I don’t have a problem with Giles in a vacuum. Dude was a stud in my fm19 save.

The issue is we have the smallest squad and have played the most games of any team in the league. The team is loving worn out and it shows in our recent performances. We needed players BEFORE we lost both our big summer pickups, and now we need like 6 bodies. We’ve signed 0. Lots can happen in two weeks, but we need help desperately.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Wonderful.

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/1218211443335626752

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Big fan of Man Utds rapid implosion into mediocrity me.

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007

Bundy posted:

Bruno Fernandes named in Sporting's squad for the match against Benfica lol

He's gonna get wrecked over 15m euros lmao

he's wearing the captain's armband today as well

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Inter are apparently following up tbeir Ashley Young and Giroud transfers by adding Victor Moses.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Was just wondering what Premier League winner Moses was up to

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Roma are planning to sue Inter for the botched swap deal lol

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Never change, Italy :allears:

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Ashley Young to Inter is a DONE DEAL
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/ashley-young-completes-transfer-from-man-utd-to-inter-milan

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Roma are planning to sue Inter for the botched swap deal lol

Palotta forgets that he’s not in America doesn’t he.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

lol, yeah come to think of it how exactly does an American sue a Chinese conglomerate (so, basically, the Chinese government) in an Italian court

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
Very carefully I'd imagine

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Reprisal posted:

Was just wondering what Premier League winner Moses was up to

Parting his hair.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah good time to start looking for alternatives, god forbid having a coherent transfer strategy with targets.

https://mobile.twitter.com/utdreport/status/1218489669169635329

E: and I'm not saying United aren't right in walking away if the price tag starts to get too high*, but ffs it's January 18th and you are now starting to think about looking for alternatives, like what the gently caress are you doing? How do you not have prioritised lists of pre-scouted targets ready to go for all positions? What the gently caress is United's supposedly huge scouting and data analysis network doing?

(* I'm not sure 80m€ is outrageous for a rated player ITYOOL 2020 especially when Sporting know United are pretty desperate, and also have to ask for a high price due to the way they financed Fernandes' transfer with loans etc, but who knows)

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jan 18, 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Someone tell me about him

https://twitter.com/MsiDouglas/status/1218520943858941952?s=19

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

e: I hear he never stays down after a bad tackle

oliwan fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jan 18, 2020

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/lauriewhitwell/...525067971321857

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Utd being picky over a transfer fee. Well I never.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
maybe United should sell some more players, if they’re a bit short

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Can't wait for Utd to sell Pogba only for him to turn into a world class player again

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

He's a fast wingback that can't really defend, and he hasn't been able to displace a 32 year old traditional winger at the RWB spot.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Current theory is Bruno will go through at the end of the window and Sporting are loving about to get as many games out of him as possible.

Though I can also see them turning around to Ed as he goes "fifty million and eighty two euros?" with a hearty "gently caress you now we want 80m"

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It's going to be hilarious for everyone except Fernandes when he does his knee on the 29th

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

trem_two posted:

He's a fast wingback that can't really defend, and he hasn't been able to displace a 32 year old traditional winger at the RWB spot.

Newcastle can’t buy a quality wing/fullback to save their life so this sounds about right

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Newcastle can’t buy a quality wing/fullback to save their life so this sounds about right

Well Newcastle need a left back now too

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

Well Newcastle need a left back now too

It’s time for the return of Davide Santon imo

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

It’s time for the return of Davide Santon imo

They should unironically be in for Ricardo Rodriguez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

They should unironically be in for Ricardo Rodriguez.

He sounds competent so this is a non starter