Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

HD DAD posted:

“Wait you’re supposed to add textures? poo poo we gotta delay this thing.”
I wanted to see what would look like half of Esther by 2030.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

CharlestonJew posted:

SE looked at the leaked screenshots and realized "oh poo poo we forgot to texture this guy"

Didn't one of the new Tomb Raiders have a "classic poly Lara"? Maybe they can just release "classic untextured low poly retro" mode and patch in textures later

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

PancakeTransmission posted:

Didn't one of the new Tomb Raiders have a "classic poly Lara"? Maybe they can just release "classic untextured low poly retro" mode and patch in textures later

Classic costume skins would legitimately own.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

CottonWolf posted:

It's okay. One of them will almost certainly get delayed too.

I've been expecting Cyberpunk to be pushed back till the Christmas window basically since the date was announced. Think how many delays Witcher 3 had.

Called it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/XyleHarkyn/status/1218348437550325760

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

It'll just be some weird legal thing.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Never understood pre-ordering a game.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
That's not suspicious at all, in fact the opposite, because that means less people will keep their pre order

I'm sure if they had their way nobody would have to confirm to let them keep their money

Vakal
May 11, 2008
This delay is happening so they can add in more stairs to the Shinra building section.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Add the Chrysler Building from Parasite Eve.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

PancakeTransmission posted:

Resident Evil 2 Remake had classic texture skins for the player characters, and classic soundtrack.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Wrecking stuff as chibi Cloud would be hilarious

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Don't worry, by the time FF7R is finished, there will be Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Pocket Edition HD+

(Have any of y'all actually played FF15 Pocket, because I keep getting this sick desire to buy it)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

precision posted:

Don't worry, by the time FF7R is finished, there will be Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Pocket Edition HD+

(Have any of y'all actually played FF15 Pocket, because I keep getting this sick desire to buy it)

They're also making Final Fnatasy XV Mobile, which will be a FFXV MMORPG, so expect there to also be a Final Fantasy VII Remake HD+ Mobile, The MMO.

MedusaSpell
Sep 22, 2019

precision posted:

FF15 PE is condensed down to the main plot and a few sidequests and recipehs for each area. I went into it thinking it was a version for kids because of the style but it's definitely not (the What A Prick trophy kind of clued me in. And all the cursing). I found it to be harder than the original game but not really in a satisfying way because the mechanics of the PE are a bit annoying. Dying in FF15 means I need to try a new strategy but dying in PE I felt like I needed to level up more even though I was sufficiently leveled and there's not really a way to level since it's so linear. Overall though I had fun with it and it was cute. If you can get it on sale it's worth it, but don't pay $30 for it like I did.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

WaltherFeng posted:

Wrecking stuff as chibi Cloud would be hilarious

What they need is the PC version with the giant mouths that never close.

I remember seeing somebody LP FFVII on PC where, when in Cloud's flashback we saw Sephiroth sitting there in the truck with his mouth perpetually agape, he really did look like a lobotomizd, drooling zombie.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

MedusaSpell posted:

FF15 PE is condensed down to the main plot and a few sidequests and recipehs for each area. I went into it thinking it was a version for kids because of the style but it's definitely not (the What A Prick trophy kind of clued me in. And all the cursing). I found it to be harder than the original game but not really in a satisfying way because the mechanics of the PE are a bit annoying. Dying in FF15 means I need to try a new strategy but dying in PE I felt like I needed to level up more even though I was sufficiently leveled and there's not really a way to level since it's so linear. Overall though I had fun with it and it was cute. If you can get it on sale it's worth it, but don't pay $30 for it like I did.

You can die in FFXV?

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

What they need is the PC version with the giant mouths that never close.

I remember seeing somebody LP FFVII on PC where, when in Cloud's flashback we saw Sephiroth sitting there in the truck with his mouth perpetually agape, he really did look like a lobotomizd, drooling zombie.

The entire game is like that on PC if I remember right. He's just so surprised to still be here after so long.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

TommyGun85 posted:

You can die in FFXV?

Absolutely.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

TommyGun85 posted:

You can die in FFXV?

It's actually the entire point of the game

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I think my favorite overlooked thing about the old translation is in the opening Prelude credits it lists two guys as "Executive Produce." Vegetables made FFVII.

And I've had several Game Overs in FFXV. I am bad at the game but I also just refuse to use items most of the time.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jan 20, 2020

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kheldarn posted:

They're also making Final Fnatasy XV Mobile, which will be a FFXV MMORPG, so expect there to also be a Final Fantasy VII Remake HD+ Mobile, The MMO.

I hadn't heard about this! I mean, maybe you're joking, but it wouldn't surprise me if this were real. :v: In Japan there was a Final Fantasy MMORPG for iOS and Android, but it was shut down within a year.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

NikkolasKing posted:

And I've had several Game Overs in FFXV. I am bad at the game but I also just refuse to use items most of the time.

Buy max potions an hour into the game and hold O button to win. Your welcome and also context for my earlier post sarcastically asking if it was possible to die in FFXV.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

NikkolasKing posted:

I think my favorite overlooked thing about the old translation is in the opening Prelude credits it lists two guys as "Executive Produce." Vegetables made FFVII.

Use the items you goober. They're plentiful and cheap.

Also have you been crafting magic grenades and using them? Those are easy mode.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I said come in! posted:

I hadn't heard about this! I mean, maybe you're joking, but it wouldn't surprise me if this were real. :v: In Japan there was a Final Fantasy MMORPG for iOS and Android, but it was shut down within a year.

It's real.

TommyGun85 posted:

Buy max potions an hour into the game and hold O button to win. Your welcome and also context for my earlier post sarcastically asking if it was possible to die in FFXV.

Elephant Ambush posted:

None of that matters when you're bad at video games. Which I am. Hell, I die playing Final Fantasy Mystic Quest.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Mystic Quest is actually super easy to die in.

Hell, if the first enemy crits, and you don't, or you miss, you will lose the fight.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Elephant Ambush posted:

You mean just regular magic? Yeah been using it plenty. It doesn't make up for my always missing dodges and getting hit.

I just finished the game and spammed a ton of healing items. I was ready for it to be over so I was happy to blow all my Elixirs.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
The only part of final fantasy 15 I found difficult was couerls in the odd case I couldn't nuke them with magic. They're just complete assholes in that game.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Ohtsam posted:

The only part of final fantasy 15 I found difficult was couerls in the odd case I couldn't nuke them with magic. They're just complete assholes in that game.

Is there any FF where couerls aren't massive dicks ?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Hell, if the first enemy crits, and you don't, or you miss, you will lose the fight.

I really liked this game a lot when growing up and hope it shows up on Nintendo Switch Online.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

You know, when I was a kid the rhetoric around this game was "it's supposed to be an easier Final Fantasy for casual audiences", but it... isn't. It's easy in the sense that it has fewer options and is more linear than a game like FF5 or FF6, but the lack of options and linearity don't make it easier. They just mean RNG is even more important and that you can't use weird strategies or mechanical exploits to circumvent all the difficulty.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kobal2 posted:

X maybe? They were kind of nothing mobs by the time they were introduced in that game.

And in IX, you could instantly get rid of them with Level 5 Death.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
coeurls are seldom a welcome encounter but only in FFXV can they just wish you into the loving cornfield if you attack them at the wrong moment

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Kobal2 posted:

I think XII and Tactics. You had other monsters in those games that will kick your rear end bad enough to make you forget cats.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Coeurls are good and strong and my rideable friend in FFXIV.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kobal2 posted:

Coeurls in FF9 can be killed with Level 5 Death, and only appear in a dungeon where everything else can be killed by Level 5 Death too.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Do Courls exist in FFXIII? Pretty sure I couldn't recruit one in FFXIII-2.

And by recruit I mean beat into eternal slavery because Chaos.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

X maybe? They were kind of nothing mobs by the time they were introduced in that game.

And in IX, you could instantly get rid of them with Level 5 Death.

Eeeh I still remember wiping a few times in the Yojimbo dungeon. But true, FF X had way bigger dicks.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So I guess I just realized why i got a bunch of Game Overs in FFXV. I thought the grace period to not die was the 0 HP hobble phase. If you don't heal up before taking more damage in that phase, game over. That's what I meant by I didn't like to use items .I preferred to try and get a friend hand or use a Regroup.

I guess you're supposed to use the five or so seconds Noct is kneeling on the ground after taking a few hits while at 0 HP to use a Phoenix Down on him. I didn't know this.

If the tutorial told me this, I sure as hell didn't remember it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So I guess that demo isn't coming out this month huh