Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns lol god drat this strip rules

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother GOose & Grimm

Hagar THe Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Frazz I loving hate Frazz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

Retail I need you to have Martha investigate where Stuart is and find him dead in his office or something, or maybe Grumbels actually closes down, DO something with the plot please and make it interesting

If it turns out he was about to be outed for embezzlement or something and shot himself in shame (or, I don't know, went on the lam or something if they don't want to go there), I will be impressed.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks

Vargo posted:

Big Nate -edit-makers, do the obvious.

ok fine

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Archyduchess posted:

Sir, this is a Grumbel's.

I choked.

Retail really is a good litmus test, it seems.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
The Perishers (1983)

Beau Peep (1986)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Johnny Walker posted:

Am I the only one here that absolutely hates this stupid comic? I think i might be. For some reason it really gets on my nerves how the adults understand the kid and wacky hijinks ensue. A baby? Made a trapdoor? Why what will they think of next ha ha!

You are most definitely not alone. I loathe it.

Also, Curtis's new hat is still an Escheresqe impossibility, but it's far better than the previous one!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's Corto Maltese: Surely you must have heard of the gold, Corto! It's on the train called The McGuffin!, or Rasputin is a go-getter, or Corto hopes that everybody gets in the way of trying to kill each other before getting round to killing them

So ends our current chapter! Join us tomorrow in...

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

If it turns out he was about to be outed for embezzlement or something and shot himself in shame (or, I don't know, went on the lam or something if they don't want to go there), I will be impressed.
I'm going to guess that Stuart just went on vacation without bothering to tell anyone. And then he berates them for not following the instructions he never sent.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Poil posted:

I'm going to guess that Stuart just went on vacation without bothering to tell anyone. And then he berates them for not following the instructions he never sent.

Either that, or he had a stroke on the shitter, and that's where they'll find his corpse in a week or two.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Marla finally gets around to calling Stuart’s cell. The phone rings and rings until at last someone answers. It’s a tired-sounding older woman. “Stuart? Oh, you mean my brother. He’s been dead for 20 years, ever since Grumbel’s closed its doors after that freak Black Friday Sale trampling. His heart couldn’t take it. Just too many regrets. I’m sorry you had to find out this way. Goodbye.”

Marla looks around her. The pristine Grumbel’s office is dusty and decaying. She spins to stare out at the shop floor, and she sees that she is alone. All the fixtures are gone, and the store is lifeless. She raises a hand in front of her face, and through it she sees the weekly shipment being delivered on the other end of the back office floor. It’s all Baby Yoda merchandise.
Should I look for a new job?, she thinks, before moving to start unpacking boxes.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I missed yesterday.

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (June 23, 2008)

Arlo and Janis Classic (June 23, 1998)

Garfield Classic (June 23, 1988)

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

FrumpleOrz posted:

Kevin & Kell

Just another murder on a conjugal visit.
”A mouse(rabbit) and a wolf go into a prison cell for a conjugal visit....”

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Juliet Jones, in which Eve strictly enforces gender norms.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

drat, that's some grimness.

https://americanenglish.state.gov/files/ae/resource_files/to-build-a-fire.pdf

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!

FrumpleOrz posted:

Kevin & Kell

In a regular strip Holbrook could have showed RL jumping towards the other guy, but he's so committed to the "only the snout shows" bit that he's really written himself into a corner when it comes to conveying any kind of action with the character. I kind of hate that I've gotten familiar enough with this comic's tropes to understand what's happening.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

MEAT WEEK comes to a close :)

Overboard

Monty

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Holy poo poo that’s a dog’s snout.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Zip

Rip

Dick

Duck

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Daddy Daze is far from the worst thing in this thread, even among comics that get posted ironically. It's maybe a little bland, but solidly okay.

Here, have some Norwegian slice-of-life. I wrote a script to scrape Dagbladet's CDN, and I wound up finding 39 of these. I just started a new job so I don't have a ton of time to translate. Maybe I'll get to one or two a week.

Intet Nytt fra Hjemmefronten / Nothing New from the Homefront

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moomin and the big bag of identical, mixed seeds.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Fort Knox hasn't updated.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Resident Idiot posted:

I hadn't thought about this until you posted it, and I'm really glad this adventure ended this way, even though I'm not a fan of the "I'm not going to kill you, but I don't have to save you" sophistry.

I think Modesty is my favourite adventure strip.

One thing I really like about Modesty Blaise is that the tension is all over the map. Unlike most villain-of-the-week stories it doesn't strictly follow the formula of crisis -> seems hopeless -> miraculous save -> happy ending

Some villains aren't as threatening and once in a while there are downright pushovers. It makes the episodes where they do face off against a recurring endboss all the more thrilling.

Kinda surprised Modesty didn't have anything to say about Willie killing two dudes in cold blood there. Usually she's against that sort of thing. But I guess she did watch them knock off Prue.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

SubNat posted:

Moomin and the big bag of identical, mixed seeds.

I love Moomin looking absolutely ready to throw down. :allears:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Retail And no, the Mystery of the Missing Stuart will not be resolved this week.

Get Fuzzy 1/17/00

Stephen Collins

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Selachian posted:

Retail And no, the Mystery of the Missing Stuart will not be resolved this week.

Wow, this might really be the end of Retail.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2017 Spiderman

1978 Comics

Dick Tracy

Major Crime Squad

Police Brutality Theater

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Wow, this might really be the end of Retail.

I'd be interested to see the strip keep going in the aftermath of bankruptcy and the key players getting new retail jobs. As in real life.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Julet Esqu posted:

Okay, okay, I confess. That pamphlet got a genuine laugh out of me.
This reminds me that when I was a kid my mom got me the book "What's Happening To Me?"

Safety Dance posted:

Daddy Daze is far from the worst thing in this thread, even among comics that get posted ironically. It's maybe a little bland, but solidly okay.
I don't think it's the worst in the thread, but it's not "ok" either. It's bad. It's a bad comic.

But to each their own.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Obviously the editors wouldn't let him get away with blood.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

*Dustin's dad's head explodes*

Apartment 3-G

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

WindyMan posted:

I'd be interested to see the strip keep going in the aftermath of bankruptcy and the key players getting new retail jobs. As in real life.

Retail becomes everyone is working at a new store, each with a brand new cast

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I guess it's possible they're just moving the baby into her old nursery and she's feeling that "but I used to be the baby" thing that kids get, but if they're really expecting this child to share her bedroom with a brand new baby and have no opinion or reaction to that, that's bonkers. Even for the 80's.

Johnny Walker posted:

I don't think it's the worst in the thread, but it's not "ok" either. It's bad. It's a bad comic.

It is bad, but inoffensive. Which puts it ahead of plenty of other strips in this thread, but which also makes it kind of boring so I skip it most of the time.

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

June hasn't seen this woman since she was a child, Rex. She knows about as much about what's usual for her as you do.

We can hope that what he's angry about is that she, his supposed friend, went around gossiping and speculating about his sex life with other people rather than asking him directly. But knowing Gunther and Team Evans, it seems more likely that he's mad that she thinks he would have se...heh...heh.... and put a mark on his fair lady's honor.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Old School Peanuts (May 25, 1951)

Calvin and Hobbes (Dec 14-15, 1986)

Robbie and Bobby (Jan 23-26, 2015)

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Have we ruled out that Zak's secretly a feeder?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

We can hope that what he's angry about is that she, his supposed friend, went around gossiping and speculating about his sex life with other people rather than asking him directly. But knowing Gunther and Team Evans, it seems more likely that he's mad that she thinks he would have se...heh...heh.... and put a mark on his fair lady's honor.

Nothing happened. What the heck?

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
My Dad is Dracula

Pickles

Zits

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Bloom County
Onto a new year!
January 1st & 2nd, 1981

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
God Luann is just infuriating. Nobody is allowed to have any fun in any capacity.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
re: Daddy Daze. I'm not posting it because it's good. :v: I started posting it because it was something else with an art style that I didn't like, and the babytalk made the writing clunky.

But sometimes it can land.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

At this point I want it to be true that Gunther is in fact fuckin, and he's just really annoyed because it's not anyone's business but theirs holy poo poo