Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
That's amazing

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/feelingfisky/status/1216433969140363264?s=21

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
That’s a flared base all right.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

chitoryu12 posted:

*tugs collar nervously looking at weekly consumption*

More like weakly consumption.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Literally a GTA joke

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

guy’s stomach is like a Klein bottle or something

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Art by Rob Liefeld

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
i know it's supposed to be "MRA lifestyle blogger" and "quirky gamestop girl" but i cannot read that pairing as anything but "45 year old rockabilly librarian with rollerderby name Iron Cuntain" and "18 year old lesser Mumford son"

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I actually can't tell if one of them is supposed to be significantly older than the other since they both just kind of look like generic millennials

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Without zooming in I just assumed one of them was jerry seinfeld.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I just saw a Carmax commercial featuring Limp Bizkit’s song Nookie and a Fred Durst cameo.

I don’t know if it’s dumb marketing but it’s definitely something.

May Contain Nuts
Sep 12, 2007

but still delicious

Boywhiz88 posted:

I just saw a Carmax commercial featuring Limp Bizkit’s song Nookie and a Fred Durst cameo.

I don’t know if it’s dumb marketing but it’s definitely something.

Saw that yesterday and had a Tony Hawk moment with my coworker.

*commercial plays*

CW: do you think that was really Fred Durst?

Me: yup

CW: what does he even look like now?

Me: that.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
imagine releasing your self titled rap rock LP and then immediately following it up with something named "the chocolate starfish and the hot dog flavored water."

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

imagine releasing your self titled rap rock LP and then immediately following it up with something named "the chocolate starfish and the hot dog flavored water."

But they didn’t?

It goes Three Dollar Bill, Y’all then Significant Other then Chocolate Starfish. I hate that I know that.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Depending on your age limp bizkit was an incredibly popular band and both albums went multi platinum so there’s nothing wrong with remembering that. Find things to feel good about my friend, not things to feel bad about.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

oldpainless posted:

Depending on your age limp bizkit was an incredibly popular band and both albums went multi platinum so there’s nothing wrong with remembering that. Find things to feel good about my friend, not things to feel bad about.

More like oldguiltless

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Coming soon to the oldies station

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
I had an old person moment (as somebody who's turning 26 in a week :shepface:) hearing 'Bad Guy' this year, and realizing that the indie/alt rock I grew up with is never gonna come back.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Adeline Weishaupt posted:

I had an old person moment (as somebody who's turning 26 in a week :shepface:) hearing 'Bad Guy' this year, and realizing that the indie/alt rock I grew up with is never gonna come back.

Billie Eilish is also the next Bond theme singer.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Counting Crows fan spotted.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Fred Durst has an instagram feed that posts almost nothing but old station wagons. Make of that what you will. Check out that beard.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Counting Crows fan spotted.

Excuse me, I listened to real hardcore alt rock. :colbert:

You know, Theory of a Dead Man.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Oasis will be back someday and they'll be the top streamed music again. Someday!

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

what does "come back" mean in this context? genres go through cycles, eventually someone will make a rock band worth listening to again. i mean hey, greenday just came out of retirement maybe their new album slaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaha nah we're old and nobody wants our boners.

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

Oasis will be back someday and they'll be the top streamed music again. Someday!

Today was gonna be the day, but they'll never throw it back to you.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

i know it's supposed to be "MRA lifestyle blogger" and "quirky gamestop girl" but i cannot read that pairing as anything but "45 year old rockabilly librarian with rollerderby name Iron Cuntain" and "18 year old lesser Mumford son"

Same, I can't tell for poo poo there

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Billie Eilish's music feels like sort of a bizarro-world version of nu-metal, in its way. It goes quiet and downbeat instead of loud and blaring, but it's still absolutely music for the Edgy Teens.

It's just that this time it's for the Edgy Teen Girls, not the guys.

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK
Sum 41 released three singles and an album last year and a quick glance at their website (which doesn’t appear to have been redesigned since the early 00’s, brilliantly) shows 23 concerts from Monday to July, from the US to Canada to Mexico to the UK to Austria to Germany and beyond. The Monday concert is in London and it’s only a 500 capacity but they’ve sold out at £41 a ticket, loving hell

They’re in Leeds in June with Pennywise, Billy Talent (still going after 27 years!!!!), NOFX and some other dross, which is tempting, but I’d want a written assurance it’ll be full of fellow 30-something’s whose idea of rebelling these days is using an electricity supplier who invest in solar.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

duckmaster posted:

from Monday to July

Well this is a fascinating way to describe a measurement of time.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Cleretic posted:

Billie Eilish's music feels like sort of a bizarro-world version of nu-metal, in its way. It goes quiet and downbeat instead of loud and blaring, but it's still absolutely music for the Edgy Teens.

It's just that this time it's for the Edgy Teen Girls, not the guys.

Edgy teen girls were always here and liked numetal and associated alt things the first time around, hth.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Mu Zeta posted:

bzw
Mar 31, 2007
waxing

duckmaster posted:

They’re in Leeds in June with Pennywise, Billy Talent (still going after 27 years!!!!), NOFX and some other dross, which is tempting, but I’d want a written assurance it’ll be full of fellow 30-something’s whose idea of rebelling these days is using an electricity supplier who invest in solar.

Those 30-somethings are in for a treat with those fresh new bands, Pennywise and NOFX

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

teen witch posted:

Edgy teen girls were always here and liked numetal and associated alt things the first time around, hth.

Oh, yeah, and I can assure you that there's a crop of Edgy Teen Boys that are into Billie Eilish. But there is absolutely a skew in the genders of that core audience.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Rock is going the way of jazz, it's automatically underground and obscure now, that's what we all wanted as teenagers, embrace it

bzw posted:

Those 30-somethings are in for a treat with those fresh new bands, Pennywise and NOFX

Pennywise had two or three good albums all the way back in the nineties and then decided to release the same album over and over again, just more overproduced and soulless each time, as per Epitaph house style

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I'm having an old person moment right now, realizing that you're barely older than the The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill and 2001.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

oldpainless posted:

Limp Bizkit was weird in that Three Dolla Bill Y'all was actually a pretty good album. Then Fred Durst was offered the opportunity to completely sell out and gleefully took a flying leap off of that cliff. They released a couple of OK songs after that but the albums were just overall horrible. Fred Durst himself latched on to the industry side of things as hard as he could. Their popularity massively declined pretty much instantaneously but they managed to limp along on some forced fame but, well...where are they now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I was one of the many people of my generation who were into Limp Bizkit at twelve years old, and looking back I guess I can see how I appreciated some of the hooks and riffs done in that typical nu metal quiet-loud-quiet way, but the vocals...oh God, the vocals. Both the pitch and the lyrics themselves are incredibly annoying, and it's enough to completely disqualify them as a band. Fred Durst deserved the scorn he got.