Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I don't view SA at work, but if you're going to take the time to mark something NSFW don't put the goddamn image inline. Either post the image, or link the image, but adding spoiler tags and an emote doesn't change the fact the image is still loaded and in the browsing history, so even if Bobby the Cubicle Servant dutifully avoided mousing over the image the narcs in IT will still see that absolutely terrible and disgusting and morally reprehensible picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Didn't they initially post it without a tag or spoiler?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

So I take it my picture wasn't that funny.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Didn't they initially post it without a tag or spoiler?

Nah just forgot the spoiler tag.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The rules of PYF explicitly prohibit posting NWS images in spoiler tags. It's not often enforced but it is a thing you could get probated for.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Rabble posted:

Probably a different experience now since 7up had lithium in it back when this ad was made.

jesus thats hosed up. thats worse the coke having cocaine in it. whats next pepsi had arsenic in it? you know to help keep you pale and pretty.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

They had recently discovered that lithium could affect your mood (which is the current medical use), and sold 7Up as a mood balancer.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lithium was the poo poo for health woo 100 years ago

Ashland Oregon named its city park after the healing properties of its river’s dissolved metals

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Gnoman posted:

They had recently discovered that lithium could affect your mood (which is the current medical use), and sold 7Up as a mood balancer.

I drank a weed soda the other day and realized we've come full circle.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

More like One Helluva Night

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

“A number of other ingredients” doing SO MUCH WORK

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Gnoman posted:

mood balancer is how the dr describes lithium to you. when you take it you realise its a mood erasure. not to mention its easy to poison yourself with it so you need weekly blood work for the first bit your on it and once they understand how your body reacts to it they change it to monthly blood work. which is why its applicable to arsenic keeping you pale and pretty or lead in your gas creating the worst people to ever live.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Some days I feel like it would be better not to feel.

Bring back old 7up.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Beachcomber posted:

Some days I feel like it would be better not to feel.

Bring back old 7up.

Equilibrium baybee

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

ultrafilter posted:

The rules of PYF explicitly prohibit posting NWS images in spoiler tags. It's not often enforced but it is a thing you could get probated for.

This is true, but I don't think the image was any more NWS than, say, a stock image of Panther from Persona 5 with "poo poo pee pee" written on it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The Ape of Naples posted:

Is that really NSFW? Don't surf SA at work. This is just getting daft.

Browse SA at work but don't use a work computer. Use your phone like a civilized adult.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

now you're thinking with poop portals :maga:

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Kheldarn posted:

atrocities

All of those make me want to hurt someone.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

(Frustrating pictures)

Hey, some of those are perfectly functional for other purposes. Hammer on a chain is pretty much just a flail. Bruuuuuuuuush could be a nice auto-scritcher for cats and dogs.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

that paint roller made me remember Tactical Umbrellas are a thing.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Gravid Topiary posted:

that paint roller made me remember Tactical Umbrellas are a thing.

I get the core concept, but that picture has to be one of the worst ways to try stopping an attacker with an umbrella. There'd be almost no force applied to face.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
They wanted to make sure the viewer could still see the model’s cleavage.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Somewhere, there's a goon who can't reach their rear end that is just drooling over this picture.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
Man looks so disappointed that his extended reach double-handed grope attempt was thwarted. You'll get 'em next time, champ.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Data Graham posted:

Lithium was the poo poo for health woo 100 years ago

Ashland Oregon named its city park after the healing properties of its river’s dissolved metals

There are localities where lithium's in the groundwater and they have lower rates of violent crime etc.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1699579/

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Phanatic posted:

There are localities where lithium's in the groundwater and they have lower rates of violent crime etc.

obligatory related link to Stephen King's "The End of the Whole Mess": http://www.kingauthor.co/books/Step...phen%20King.pdf

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Phanatic posted:

Well, better than lead from old gasoline fumes soaking into everywhere, at least.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Data Graham posted:

“A number of other ingredients” doing SO MUCH WORK

Based on the ingredients it does list I doubt the others are doing anything at all.

Chris Pistols posted:

Man looks so disappointed that his extended reach double-handed grope attempt was thwarted. You'll get 'em next time, champ.

Still looks like he at least grazed some boob.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lobok posted:

Still looks like he at least grazed some boob.

Hence why she's clocking him in the jaw.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
My first exposure to the psychiatric profession was a 10 minute appointment with a psych I'd never met before who, at the end of 10 minutes, pronounced me bipolar and prescribed me an A-D and lithium. It did indeed make me feel like a zombie. I hated it. Emotional erasure is right. I have no idea what this lady was thinking. I'm not bipolar, no other psychiatrist has ever even suggested I'm bipolar since, and I was nowhere near in so much pain or trouble that I needed to be made into an emotionless robot. I didn't want to kill myself, but I didn't want to do anything else either. The whole thing scared me away from psychiatrists for 10 years. It was straight of L. Ron Hubbard's conspiracy theories.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Lithium is the drug of last resort. That psych should be seriously reprimanded for doing that and, if they don't stop, deregistered.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Zzulu posted:

waste of money and bad for the environment

Wow turn on your monitor

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Ok, but this would legitimately gently caress someone up real bad though.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

TK-42-1 posted:

Equilibrium baybee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIzj7FtU85k

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Lol

As comprehensively ridiculous as that movie is, I still sometimes bust out "No. Not without incident" even if only to amuse myself since like three people ever saw it

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

HPanda posted:

I get the core concept, but that picture has to be one of the worst ways to try stopping an attacker with an umbrella. There'd be almost no force applied to face.

What you can't see is the six-inch steel spike on the end of the handle!

Scratch Monkey posted:

They wanted to make sure the viewer could still see the model’s cleavage.

Well, or that.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Baron von Eevl posted:

My thought exactly. That thing is way more dangerous than the average nunchaku or flail.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Baron von Eevl posted:

I'm kind of thinking about designing a martial arts style around that thing. Just need to think of a name first then I'll come up with all of the sick moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Inspector 34 posted:

I'm kind of thinking about designing a martial arts style around that thing. Just need to think of a name first then I'll come up with all of the sick moves.

Hammer, meet flail style.

Chain bang style.

HPanda has a new favorite as of 09:31 on Jan 19, 2020