Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Panty Saluter posted:

no, that's everywhere else

:wrong:

It’s a popular misconception because, I suppose, they sound similar, but “the clap” does not refer to chlamydia.

It’s always been gonorrhoea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Platystemon posted:

:wrong:

It’s a popular misconception because, I suppose, they sound similar, but “the clap” does not refer to chlamydia.

It’s always been gonorrhoea.

you are the only person who has ever said this

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Panty Saluter posted:

quote:

Gonorrhea, colloquially known as the clap, is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) caused by the bacterium Neisseria gonorrhoeae.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonorrhea

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

The spear thrusting to the Pacific labelled "peace"

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

ashnjack posted:

Do I wanna know what’s going on in Philadelphia?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Panty Saluter posted:

What do you want me to say?

I’m sorry no one had ever corrected you?

You started this by trying to correct me.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Panty Saluter posted:

lmao this is such a low stakes double down and I'm here for it

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

lmao of loving course kileen is on there hahaha

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Panty Saluter posted:

Look buddy, it doesn’t matter what you call it, just do what the doctor says.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Gon-or-rhe-a! is the Clap clap, clapclapclap.

I'm hogwild for hog graphs.

Unperson_47 has a new favorite as of 09:19 on Jan 19, 2020

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Peanut Butler posted:

lmao this is such a low stakes double down and I'm here for it

eh, I admit it. I'm not as familiar with STDs as all of you apparently are :v:

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
I like how it says "popularity" of STDs as if there's some STD hipster roaming around going "yeah, I was into Chlamydia until they signed to Epic and SOLD OUT."

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Is this the plot for National Treasure 3? Equal Rights were hidden somewhere in New Mexico, Intelligence in Kansas, Immortality was dumped into the Pacific etc. and now Nicolas Cage has to locate them all.

Stex T posted:

I like how it says "popularity" of STDs as if there's some STD hipster roaming around going "yeah, I was into Chlamydia until they signed to Epic and SOLD OUT."

"I hosed with Patient Zero. I knew Patient Zero. Patient Zero was a friend of mine. Sir, you are no Patient Zero."

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Why is the Bible Belt so drat horny???

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Probably just super opposed to condoms.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

They're not hornier than anyone else, they are exactly as horny, and have exactly as much sex as everyone else, but Abstinence Only Education is a loving crime, so they either don't teach kids about condoms, STDs and safe sex, or even better they lie and say condoms don't work, so all the horny teenagers don't bother to use them,.

A heat map of teen pregnancy rates would look almost identical.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Is all of northern Alaska a single county? How many people do live there?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

ancient shoreline

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Elviscat posted:

They're not hornier than anyone else, they are exactly as horny, and have exactly as much sex as everyone else, but Abstinence Only Education is a loving crime, so they either don't teach kids about condoms, STDs and safe sex, or even better they lie and say condoms don't work, so all the horny teenagers don't bother to use them,.

A heat map of teen pregnancy rates would look almost identical.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Nenonen posted:

Is all of northern Alaska a single county? How many people do live there?

No and not many. Wikipedia has a list. The orange area in that graph corresponds to about eight boroughs.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
The Ohio River drainage is full of teens who are infection-free but fertile.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Stex T posted:

Why is the Bible Belt so drat horny???

Looks like its mostly one of those racism things

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Why is everybody shocked that the South is full of rednecks swapping STDs and getting knocked up in high school

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
Looks more like African Americans and Native Americans not having access to the same level of reproductive health care as the rest of the population, judging by the map above. So yeah, racism.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

tried to do an animated comparison but this is a really hard projection to convert by hand

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Tunicate posted:

tried to do an animated comparison but this is a really hard projection to convert by hand

Nice.

Now throw in one showing poverty.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Tunicate posted:

Good enough in my book

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Stoatbringer posted:

Wait, is this loss?

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I'm deeply colorblind, but today I learned the South is heavily Puerto Rican and they love to bone.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Please tell me the 'American' ancestry isnt just white people.

You know what, I choose to believe it's people who have no idea beyond 'uhhhh britain or ireland maybe?? Germany??'

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

You know what, I choose to believe it's people who have no idea beyond 'uhhhh britain or ireland maybe?? Germany??'

It’s the “porpoise” answer.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

It's basically, "White's not on the chart, and I don't know or care which brand of white person I am."

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

This is what it's traditionally been yeah, some vaguely British origin now forgotten.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
There was a separate question about race.

So they answered this one with whatever:

and then in this one they filled in “American”.

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

Patrick Spens posted:

It's basically, "White's not on the chart, and I don't know or care which brand of white person I am."

This exactly. I have as much Cherokee blood as any specific European country but I'm sure as gently caress white guy. If you ask people with a mix of European parents to give something more specific you're going to get American. Ask a stupid question you get a stupid answer.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Panty Saluter posted:

eh, I admit it. I'm not as familiar with STDs as all of you apparently are :v:

Some of us paid attention in health class. Or had one that covered the topic of naughty bits.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I will never understand why Americans care so much about their family history.

"My great great grandfather on my mother's side moved here from Germany so I'm German."

Meanwhile in Europe: "I was born in France so I'm French and who gives a gently caress where my parents were born."

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Carbon dioxide posted:

Meanwhile in Europe: "I was born in France so I'm French and who gives a gently caress where my parents were born."

Assuming you’re white, anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Carbon dioxide posted:

I will never understand why Americans care so much about their family history.

"My great great grandfather on my mother's side moved here from Germany so I'm German."

Country of immigrants has immigration as part of identity narrative. Europeans confused.