Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Is that an old school JDM Skyline?

Some parts of Asia in general seems to be largely out of the whole "hitler was actually a really bad guy" and he/nazis seem to be viewed as edgy and cool as a quick google can quickly show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I'd assume that's about the only place it could exist and not be instantly vandalized.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Humphreys posted:

Whats that?

https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/12/13/16767626/what-is-a-milkshake-duck

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

STR posted:

Just showed that to GF.

GF: "Well at least it isn't Trump"

just... wow. And she doesn't seem to get why I'm so pissed off now. :cripes:

Trump > Hitler :v:

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

slidebite posted:

Is that an old school JDM Skyline?

Some parts of Asia in general seems to be largely out of the whole "hitler was actually a really bad guy" and he/nazis seem to be viewed as edgy and cool as a quick google can quickly show.

He’s revered by some in India because Churchill starved 3 Million of them to death.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Hey, it works for those double- and triple-trailer tractor-trailers. :haw:
Just don't try to back up.

As insanely weird as that is, I can only think: who's going to clean that pit up, and are they going to do it properly without contaminating the local water supply or sewers?
The internet has made me largely numb to weird, it seems.

Also, that's some seriously dirty oil.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
It is diesel oil, that is normal :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

People don't realize how porous their skin is, it's soaking up all those carcinogens and adding to you cancer chances.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Applebees Appetizer posted:

People don't realize how porous their skin is, it's soaking up all those carcinogens and adding to you cancer chances.

Can you even imagine the backheads that dude's gonna get from getting covered in oily tiny carbon particles?

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Seriously, WTF dude... WASH BEHIND YOUR EARS!

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Frond posted:

He’s revered by some in India because Churchill starved 3 Million of them to death.

A stark lesson in "the enemy of my enemy can still be pretty loving bad"

Action Man
Jan 31, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Ford "two piece" lugnuts. gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you.

We keep 19.5mm sockets and a gently caress ton of replacement ford lugs in the shop for exactly this scenario. The pro maneuver is getting some lubricant on the inside of the socket before you hammer it on so it slides back off easy.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

"those are budweiser St. Louis cardinals beer can cut outs JB welded to a muffler to pass state inspections. No it did not pass."

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

xzzy posted:

"those are budweiser St. Louis cardinals beer can cut outs JB welded to a muffler to pass state inspections. No it did not pass."

Wrong thread.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

im the hastily applied jb weld :911:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I can smell that from here

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
God, IIRC, Diff oil always smelled the worst.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

wesleywillis posted:

Like rancid bacon fat.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

My GTI owner’s manual had no mention of a service interval for the diff fluid. Magically, they later released an updated maintenance schedule that includes changing the diff fluid at 3 years. I never received any communication about the change and none of the dealers knew an thing about it. The skeptic in me says they made the change later to avoid paying for the diff service on cars where the owner prepaid for maintenance and make the overall cost of ownership appear cheaper.

Can’t imagine what it’s gonna smell like 10 years in.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Memento posted:

Like rancid bacon fat.

wesleywillis posted:

:hfive:

When I worked in my dad's shop as a kid he would always send me in to do the lovely drain work etc. That smell is forever etched into my brain.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

That Works posted:

:hfive:

When I worked in my dad's shop as a kid he would always send me in to do the lovely drain work etc. That smell is forever etched into my brain.

After tearing apart two 40+ year old GM 10 bolts with unknown pasts, I'll always be able to recall the smell. It's nice when it funks up your garage for a few weeks as well.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

After hearing about the horrors of diff oil and trying to be extra careful with it, I managed to get it on my face and in my mouth while changing the diff oil on my 350Z. It was bad, but somehow it wasn't as bad as you'd think (no vomiting).

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

I think I would prefer vomiting

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Just Rolled Into The Shop on reddit is a proclick
https://www.reddit.com/r/Justrolledintotheshop/

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

MomJeans420 posted:

After hearing about the horrors of diff oil and trying to be extra careful with it, I managed to get it on my face and in my mouth while changing the diff oil on my 350Z. It was bad, but somehow it wasn't as bad as you'd think (no vomiting).

One time doing a timing belt job on a Miata I got a bunch of coolant in my mouth, I posted about it here and everyone was like RIP dude :v:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

MomJeans420 posted:

It's bad, but not that bad.....

With that said you crack the pumpkin and well run away for awhile as it drains.

`

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

I remember changing oil in the little bespoke FSAE Drexler LSDs and managed to get some on my backpack that I kept close by. That smell followed me the entire semester. Hell when I got some on my working shoes it would entirely cover the smell of feet, which is quite something.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

MomJeans420 posted:

I hate gear oil. Spilled some in my hair when refilling the trans on my 240sx. I washed my hair 7 times and the smell wouldn't come out.

Later when I changed the diff oil it was somehow even worse of a smell.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

After tearing apart two 40+ year old GM 10 bolts with unknown pasts, I'll always be able to recall the smell. It's nice when it funks up your garage for a few weeks as well.

I grabbed a full carpet for my Crown Vic (P71 with rubber mat, originally) and failed to note that someone had spilled or otherwise gotten gear oil on it, presumably while it was in the wrecking yard.
I could NOT get that smell out of the carpet. I used every cleaner degrease I had, and then some. Pressure washed it. Scrubbed it. Tried baking soda and various carpet deodorizers. Even soaked it in a trash can of something - I forget the brand name - that would supposedly do it. Nope. Always at least a faint odor that I knew would be much stronger in a closed car over time. I eventually just gave up and threw it away, and found another one.
It's possible that leaving it out in the sun/weather would have done it, but probably destroyed the carpet as well.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

No — no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

canyoneer posted:

Just Rolled Into The Shop on reddit is a proclick
https://www.reddit.com/r/Justrolled...tm_medium=web2x

:barf:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

drat son your ... *squints* .. Focus SE must be fast?

Click the image for huge. Tag yourself - I'm the home made wooden risers wrapped in carbon-fibre-looking hessian.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

FUUUUUUCK

https://twitter.com/T_Tuominen/status/1220639658293563392

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxCkTjrTeqQ

Awesome car poo poo is they're both OK!

https://twitter.com/Sideways_Media/status/1220643811162042368?s=20

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

My wife just came into my study and asked me what the gently caress were the noises I was making.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Memento posted:

drat son your ... *squints* .. Focus SE must be fast?

Click the image for huge. Tag yourself - I'm the home made wooden risers wrapped in carbon-fibre-looking hessian.

I'm the...

...roll cage?

I wonder if that's legit, or...

Oh.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Lol, that is a harness bar so you can be sure that you're getting your neck broken in a roll over

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Darchangel posted:

I grabbed a full carpet for my Crown Vic (P71 with rubber mat, originally) and failed to note that someone had spilled or otherwise gotten gear oil on it, presumably while it was in the wrecking yard.
I could NOT get that smell out of the carpet. I used every cleaner degrease I had, and then some. Pressure washed it. Scrubbed it. Tried baking soda and various carpet deodorizers. Even soaked it in a trash can of something - I forget the brand name - that would supposedly do it. Nope. Always at least a faint odor that I knew would be much stronger in a closed car over time. I eventually just gave up and threw it away, and found another one.
It's possible that leaving it out in the sun/weather would have done it, but probably destroyed the carpet as well.

Did you try fire?

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Says the guy who obviously doesn't know what burning gear oil smells like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Krakkles posted:

Says the guy who obviously doesn't know what burning gear oil smells like.

Yeah this would be a mistake