Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Cyberpunk will 100000% end up on next gen consoles in a better form. There's no way they spent 5 years on this only for the definitive version of it be released on 8 year old hardware.
...and the PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I was actually pretty bummed about the Witcher 3 downgrade and it put me off buying the game. Even the PC version with everything on max looks nothing close to the original "gameplay" they showed and it was really disappointing. Same with Dying Light getting that huge downgrade and even though Anthem sucked, if it looked like the original gameplay footage they showed I'd have bought it anyways just to chill out and fly around admiring the world and wildlife.

I think the only time I've seen the opposite of this is Killzone 2, which actually looked even better than the stuff they showed pre-release and was jaw-dropping, even comparing pre-release side-by-side to gameplay it was astonishing how much they improved on it. That and Killzone 3 owned, I dunno wtf they were thinking with Shadowfall but that could have been one of their staple franchises with the full suite of singleplayer/co-op/multiplayer. Felt like an FPS version of Gears in a way, and when they added jetpacks and mechs to multiplayer it was so fun. I miss nailing people to walls with the bolt gun :(

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

American McGay posted:

Sony finally getting on that "exclusives are bad for business" bandwagon.

https://twitter.com/tomphillipsEG/status/1217919414626070547

This better be implying Dreams on PC.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

This better be implying Dreams on PC.

Get kojima to port it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think people are jumping on the Sony going to PC rumor way too quickly. 24 hours after Kotaku leaked info about HZD coming to PC, Sony announced the game for PS Now. It was almost for sure that was the actual rumor and inside source, but that is far less exciting so it wasn't reported in that way.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I don't consider PS Now as "coming to PC" much more than I would consider Forza Horizon 4 coming to "Android Phones" because of xCloud.

It's coming to actual PC, as are many other titles in the future.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If I have to go out and buy a PS4 to play a game on PC, it didn't come to PC.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

If I have to go out and buy a PS4 to play a game on PC, it didn't come to PC.

That's not how PS Now works

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I said come in! posted:

I think people are jumping on the Sony going to PC rumor way too quickly. 24 hours after Kotaku leaked info about HZD coming to PC, Sony announced the game for PS Now. It was almost for sure that was the actual rumor and inside source, but that is far less exciting so it wasn't reported in that way.

They've had plenty of big games on there before. God of War only just got replaced, for example. The whole thing is just an app on your PC, no different from Steam or anything, the only difference is you don't own the games and they stream. They've been on PC for a while however (even published some games on Steam) and I think the only exclusive that hasn't been on PC yet is Spiderman? Maybe it has though, it doesn't interest me enough to check, I prefer Insomniac's whacky stuff like Ratchet & Clank and Sunset Overdrive.

I do like the PSNow interface however where it strips all the nonsense and it's literally just game tiles you scroll through and choose what to play. After seeing Valve butcher the Steam library it's refreshing to see a back-to-basics "Here's the games, nothing else" approach.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

univbee posted:

drat. How are things with Australian ISPs now anyway? Is it still expensive/impossible to get unlimited data on a physical line for most of the country? Do they still do the thing where specific services have local servers and these are unmetered?

ISPs mostly all cost the same these days due to the NBN (national broadband network) and you mostly pay for brand reputation. they all offer different speed tiers from 25mbit up to 250mbit and usually a 500gb, 1TB or unlimited* data allowance.

some ISPs differentiate by offering unmetered data to certain services. for example my provider doesnt count Apple Music data towards your allowance, another offers spotify, some offer Netflix. or they bundle in a free sub for a year to one of those services or a sport thing (Optus offers Premier league streaming) those are mostly mobile providers which is a bit more of a competitive market, but they all offer something to try and lure you in.

I have fibre at 50mbit to my house and its pretty great but xbox game downloads still cant saturate my connection like windows updates can, despite them absolutely having a local mirror.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i like the new steam library

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

SUNKOS posted:

I prefer Insomniac's ... Sunset Overdrive.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Horizon was announced as coming to PSNow in December, not in the last 24 hours or whatever. The Kotaku story from today is very explicit that there's a full PC port coming and will be available on Steam and the Epic store.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Insomniac owns the IP and could make a sequel to it exclusively for PS5 now that Sony owns them. The game's also on Steam. More importantly however, the game freakin' owns and is a mix of Jet Set Radio, Ratchet & Clank, and the old Tony Hawk games. It's also a refreshingly bright and colorful game that looks like something you'd see on a modern day Dreamcast. The singleplayer is good and the multiplayer owns. The game ain't for everyone and isn't without its faults but it's genuinely fun and captures everything Insomniac excels at perfectly.

Red Warrior posted:

Horizon was announced as coming to PSNow in December, not in the last 24 hours or whatever. The Kotaku story from today is very explicit that there's a full PC port coming and will be available on Steam and the Epic store.

Oh, didn't expect that. Maybe one day they'll put Bloodborne on Steam so it runs at a stable framerate and someone inevitably mods it to run at 60fps :twisted: Dark Souls 3 runs on a toaster so if it ever happened it would own. Apparently someone found another hidden boss in a hacked chalice dungeon or something again recently as well. Crazy how much content is hidden away in that game and never used.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Oh I've played it

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
TrueAchievements has released a decade in review page for your Xbox account. It's pretty neat.

https://www.trueachievements.com/decade/

Two of my three rarest achievements come from Marvel Heroes Omega and the other is from Rage 2 of all games. My rarest completion was The Missing: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories which indicates to me that more of y'all need to play that very good game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Zerot posted:

TrueAchievements has released a decade in review page for your Xbox account. It's pretty neat.

Two of my three rarest achievements come from Marvel Heroes Omega and the other is from Rage 2 of all games. My rarest completion was The Missing: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories which indicates to me that more of y'all need to play that very good game.

I really want to play it, but it feels gamepass

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Zerot posted:

My rarest achievements are from lost planet 2 (the achievement for getting every faction to level 99) and two rare replay.

It says I've played 277 games which would be worth $10,000+ (based on release prices)

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

I said come in! posted:

The same Russian that leaked death stranding coming to steam and epic mentioned in Nov or Dec that it was coming to PC. This is reinforcement of that (he said in Feb)

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Zerot posted:

Two of my three rarest achievements are from the most purchased game of the generation (GTA V). Guess not many people did the doomsday heists.

The "active months" calender is basically just "months that I was unemployed."

A bit surprised that I have more xbone cheevos than 360 considering I had a 360 since launch but only got a bone when the X came out and then didn't have one again from Dec 2018 to June 2019.

Edit: Oh duhh decade in review, 360 came out in 2005. That explains it.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 19, 2020

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
My rare achievements list is Game Room for pages. So much wasted potential, but I loved the hell out of it.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

my rarest achievement of the 2010s is exemplary from battlefield 2: modern combat, the game which is also my rarest completion (less than 90 of the 30,000 people on trueachievements who have played it have all the achievements in that game)

if you have not attempted to get that achievement, you cannot possibly understand how fuckin hard it is. just beating the game at all is in the top 5 hardest things i've done in any game of the past 15 years.

bonus: my longest time between starting a game and getting the last achievement in it was crackdown, at 3,255 days lmao.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jan 19, 2020

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Was it the find all orbs one? That achievement will elude me forever. They really did not make the noise for the final few ones loud enough.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I tried to get orbs in crackdown but I just gave up because it sucked.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ErrEff posted:

Was it the find all orbs one? That achievement will elude me forever. They really did not make the noise for the final few ones loud enough.

nope. stunt rings. gently caress those things.

e: speaking of orbs however, in looking back through my achievements for crackdown and when i unlocked them, i remembered that my fuckin save corrupted at some point after i had gotten all the agility orbs but before i had gotten all the hidden orbs. this necessitated me playing through the entire goddamn game again to get all the hidden orbs, which i was really close to having them all before the save corrupted. it was then another two years after getting the last hidden orb before i bothered finishing the stunt rings because they're just annoying as hell, as well as the achievement for hijacking 100 gang vehicles, which was sheer laziness more than anything.

i also have all the achievements in most of the games i have played (completed 137 of the 155 games i have played). this is because i hate fun, and myself.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jan 19, 2020

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

bonus: my longest time between starting a game and getting the last achievement in it was crackdown, at 3,255 days lmao.

And I thought me taking almost four years to get all the cheevos in RS Siege was impressive.

At some point they actually changed a bunch of the harder ones too.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

And I thought me taking almost four years to get all the cheevos in RS Siege was impressive.

At some point they actually changed a bunch of the harder ones too.

if and when i finish joust it will have been well over ten years

i intend on finishing it because joust fuckin rocks, but it takes an absurd amount of dedication to get good enough at joust to make it to wave 100

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

https://twitter.com/corbindavenport/status/1219358193241010177

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/Doug_DragoX/status/1219794270518947840?s=20

Prototype leaked

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
What's this slot?

https://imgur.com/a/CfG8i2V

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

It's the ■■■■■■■■■■■ plug, for connecting to your ■■■■■■■■■■■

e: just eyeballing but it does look about as wide as an M.2 SSD PCB. A bit wider, maybe for a caddy? Just a wild guess though.

SCheeseman fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jan 22, 2020

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Possibly for debugging purposes since it's a dev unit.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kinect 3 slot :discourse:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Maybe insert a nume?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
it's a debug slot

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

“Xbox Prototype Name Placeholder” is a better name than what they came up with.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Punch card reader, duh.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

They called the fourth Xbox the Xbox Product Name.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1219991154080378880

disappointed that Indivisible is console-only. Wonder what the deal with that is, given that Bloodstained is from the same publisher and is on both.

oh well, gotta play A Plague Tale soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I wondered if this was going to end up being an issue

https://twitter.com/pushsquare/status/1219990639653392384?s=21