Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

David D. Davidson posted:

You this conversation has me thinking why doesn't Peter just set up a Indiegogo or Patreon? That could at least take some of the financial pressure off him.

Miles actually does this in Into the Spider-Verse if you consider the Christmas Album canon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

David D. Davidson posted:

You this conversation has me thinking why doesn't Peter just set up a Indiegogo or Patreon? That could at least take some of the financial pressure off him.

Because the company would somehow end up keeping all the money for themselves because Peter didn't read the agreement correctly or it was marked as a potential fraud due to a bad write-up in the Bugle, and then they tell Spidey the money is being donated to charity and he freaks out that it would be a dick move to take money away from a charity. In the meantime his power gets cut off.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Then Harry has ANOTHER relapse and the Green Goblin breaks into the Patreon database to track down every supporter and invite them to a fake event - intending to first tell them that they actually are supporting a loser dad-killer named Peter Parker, and then kill them with a pumpkin bomb or something whatever.

Now Pete's got to track them down too to not only stop GG from killing them but also telling them all his secret identity. So he breaks into the database but fucks it up, Patreon cancels the account, and now the charity is out that money and he has to donate his water bill money to it to make up for it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jerusalem posted:

Because the company would somehow end up keeping all the money for themselves

This to me is the most likely one because the writer of the Spider-Man comic doesn't agree with or understand those services so he makes a thinly-veiled analogue called Patronize or GoFundYourself or something and the head of the company turns out to be a supervillain who takes all the donations.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Lobok posted:

This to me is the most likely one because the writer of the Spider-Man comic doesn't agree with or understand those services so he makes a thinly-veiled analogue called Patronize or GoFundYourself or something and the head of the company turns out to be a supervillain who takes all the donations.

So a bitcoin exchange?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Spidey tried to set up a Patreon page but he got confused and ended up on Hail Hydreon.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Dude. Namor.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ok so now the Tana and Peter thing makes sense. Apparently super people just move their relationships along way faster.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Lobok posted:

Actually, he was feeding off of misery from the failed kickstarters.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

A Modest Proposal? Good lord, hope there aren't any children aboard.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Three quarters of a century means little to Namor's people. 25, 15, what's the difference?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

If three quarters of a century doesn't matter to him, Aunt May is open to some sub-surface romance.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Elfface posted:

Three quarters of a century means little to Namor's people. 25, 15, what's the difference?

Whoa whoa whoa, Namor may be a perv but he's no Hal Jordan.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
"Three-quarters of a century is nothing, but knowing someone for two minutes is definitely enough time to propose."

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Qwertycoatl posted:

If three quarters of a century doesn't matter to him, Aunt May is open to some sub-surface romance.

"Uncle Subbie" doesn't roll off the tongue like "Uncle Moley", but I'll allow it.

Because I'm not Peter.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
namor's going to marry both mj and peter

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Peter gains a Hulk-level amount of temporary strength when he becomes enraged to learn that Aunt May might find romantic happiness, and just beats seven shades of poo poo out of Namor.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Peter gains a Hulk-level amount of temporary strength when he becomes enraged to learn that Aunt May might find romantic happiness, and just beats seven shades of poo poo out of Namor.

Petey-boy basically becomes Doom Guy anytime Aunt May is about to bone. We'll see how much Namor likes the rip and tear!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Cat Mattress posted:

"Uncle Subbie" doesn't roll off the tongue like "Uncle Moley", but I'll allow it.

Because I'm not Peter.

Uncle Subbie makes it even kinkier

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Namor will conquer the Parkers, and then legally adopt Peter, making Namor his Dominating Subby Daddy.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Johnny Walker posted:

Dude. Namor.

Mmmmmm, don't think this is the case in the retail comics universe...

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Cucked again!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Binary Badger posted:

Mmmmmm, don't think this is the case in the retail comics universe...

I hate that art so loving much.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

howe_sam posted:

Looks like Land with a different colorist than usual.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

howe_sam posted:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Peter: with great power comes great responsibility
Also Peter: I'm quitting my job and moving to Hollywood to become a movie star!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Cucked again!

he's just surprised because he realized that her hair really is red, like fire!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

:lol: sure Pete.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you need to come with your own spiderman costume to audition?

????

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

you need to come with your own spiderman costume to audition?

????
Dress for the job you want, not the one you have.

"Oh great Kraven's here too?!?!"

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
loving hell Tino, not again

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Thus begins the Clone Saga!

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Namor with the smug look on his face, thinking 'my little pinky should suffice to take out this scrawny surface dweller'

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"He must be Spider-Man!" everyone says at once.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Johnny Walker posted:

"He must be Spider-Man!" everyone says at once.

I see Peter Parker has the supernatural capacity to teleport the action inside of a recently-plastered apartment building. First couple panels: Namor's got his back to the ocean. Third panel: Peter pushes him into the corner of a white-walled room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

*hundreds of lives in imminent and mortal danger*
*Peter puts Hamlet to shame with his dithering and hand-wringing*

vs.

*some guy says he has the hots for Peter's wife*
Peter: ROUND 1, FIGHT!