Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

mangadex thinks tomi akihito (stravaganza) and yoshitomi akihito (eat-man) are the same person. the former would die if they didn't draw incredibly sexy people and the latter's art is merely adequate, so there's no particular resemblance. what else has tomi done, aside from reiroukan and stravaganza?

The reason it thinks that is that its search is not very bright and is just matching the string "tomi akihito"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
an extremely important chapter of stravaganza

also extremely :nws:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
an insanely adorable chapter of S-Rank Daughter

HOLD ME!!! >:3

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that witch is too goddamn fluffy!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A new, kind of abrupt Heterogenous Linguistics

Any idea of how it's doing in japan, is it a monthly series, are way way behind or caught up etc?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new S-Rank Daughter

same, tbh

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i thought the witch had already hit the absolute limit of fluffiness, but then they casually revealed that she also has a giant fluffy tail!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new Heterogeneous Linguistics

tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

It’s neat how the author puts so much thought into animal biology as part of language development. (Snake hearing is awful, particularly compared to their sense of touch.)

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Retired heroes Updated, it's fantasy Valentine's day/White day but seen through very different lenses

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
ENJOY NEW LIFE WITH MY DAUGHTER

quote:

Douglas, once known in legend as the strongest magician. But now he is called old man, as his health slowly crumbles. Beyond just suffering from a mysterious disease that slowly, but permanently, saps his health if he uses magic, the hero's party forces him out and the adventurer's guild strips him of membership. Thus, in the middle of an aimless solitary journey, the ex-adventurer Douglas encounters a cursed girl, Ravi.

Gamelike fantasy world, but not an isekai. First chapter was decent.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Nice story, though extremely trope-ish.

Why do those descriptions always focus on the parts of the conflict that gets resolved withing the first chapter?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

VictualSquid posted:

Why do those descriptions always focus on the parts of the conflict that gets resolved withing the first chapter?

Probably because the descriptions are written when only the first chapter is out.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new Retired Heroes

man, I would love an anime of this. it's pretty unique as far as fantasy type stories go, like, not completely different, but way more interesting than most standard types I've read. also, hilarious and has plenty of adorable family antics.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
retired heroes got an update. Always remember that magical frequencies cancel out and to vary personal frequencies from your teacher's.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
The Dragon, the Hero, and the Courier continues to be very good:

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The author is correct that history gets way more interesting when you're learning about how people lived and what they believed rather than dry names and dates.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
It shouldn't surprise anyone who's been reading it, but the author is a gigantic history nerd. In his other series, he mentions going to the Japanese equivalent of an SCA event in full Teutonic knight templar outfit with cloak and cape and nearly passing out from heatstroke.

Giant Metal Robot
Jun 14, 2005

Taco Defender

Mors Rattus posted:

The author is correct that history gets way more interesting when you're learning about how people lived and what they believed rather than dry names and dates.

The addition at the end of this chapter to explain the helmets in this chapter was a perfect addition.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I do like that style of storytelling quite a bit

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Also, for those who wanna read a butt-quality version of catmanga, it's up on mangadex.

Though i guess a non butt-quality will be uploaded app. I hate it when groups do this.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Also, for those who wanna read a butt-quality version of catmanga, it's up on mangadex.

Though i guess a non butt-quality will be uploaded app. I hate it when groups do this.

It has been deleted.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Oh. Well.
That was meant for the General Slice of Life thread, anyway. Whoopsie.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Series I'd been keeping up with for the past couple months has seen a spike in updates this week.

Primal Gods in Ancient Lands is the story of Miyo who lives in pre-8th century Japan when the Ookami are still entities of power and influence. Recently Orphaned and chosen by her village to be a sacrifice to their regions patron diety she has a chance encounter with a wandering monk and his two disciples which leads her to have a change of fate. It's partially because I have a hard on for the parts of japanese mythology that relate to regional gods and such but this series is on it's own a very good read. The artist is also very good, nothing less than what I'd expect for someone published in Harta magazine. Very good scenery and paneling and he knows how to sell you on the imposing nature of a Kami.

Retired heroes Has also gotten an update. It's out of the frying pan and into the fire for these two.

Giant Metal Robot
Jun 14, 2005

Taco Defender

This has a really nice Mushishi vibe to it. It has more action-comedy and less chill, but the other-worldliness of it is excellent.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I had completely missed there was a new my daughter is an S-rank adventurer

allow me to summarize the chapter: ( I 3 I )

and

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Can't believe we're getting an S-Rank Adventure / World Trigger crossover

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Apparently Kaoru Mori couldn't contain herself and put out a one shot about maids. This time it's fantasy maids. I could not do this job for somewhat obvious reasons.

Cute one shot, kind of hope we get a followup to answer some questions like What was going on with the Duchesses' eyes

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Demon Lord Married the Hero's Mom has been updating and it's still fun

I appreciate the latest chapter setting up to be fairly melancholic and instead went directly into shenanigans.

lol this loving face

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 26, 2020

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
handyman saito's been continuing on and looks like there's a rival for saito's affections!

I love this series, the chapters are so short, but they're so goddamn densely packed with humor and shenanigans

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
saito's only flaw is that there isn't more of it.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Be Mine, Hero got a rare update pushing us closer to actually seeing the conclusion. However I completley lost the plot and this chapter did not help me remember things.

It's happening though.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
It stopped updating because it got licensed

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Fellis posted:

It stopped updating because it got licensed

Yenpress never finished the last two volumes discontinuing support for the series back in 2016.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Yea sounds about right. Good time to reread then.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
HELL YEAH NEW BARD LOEN

https://mangadex.org/title/27114/henkyou-no-roukishi-bard-loen

Here’s some completely out of context panels

:same:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Fellis posted:

HELL YEAH NEW BARD LOEN

https://mangadex.org/title/27114/henkyou-no-roukishi-bard-loen

Here’s some completely out of context panels

:same:

I'm guessing that man in the tree is a passing nobleman. Wish this one would update more frequently.

Retired Heroes also got an update a couple days ago and amidst the gang wars and intrigue. Saliy isn't without her own headaches and problems. Mostly people who are annoying her to no end

The new Mizukami Satoshi series Solte the Adventurer got a new chapter. It's a fantasy world magical girl story with just two chapters. But he's set up some familiar elements to his writing like a companion character whose more in the know than the MC. And we're gearing up for adventure into the demon realm.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Kirei Cake has redone the first chapter of Sousou no Frieren, making it much, much more natural-sounding. I appreciate the initial translator for bringing it to the attention of everyone, but their translation wasn't good.

this seems like it will be a good, serious series about appreciating what you have before it's gone.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Captain Invictus posted:

Kirei Cake has redone the first chapter of Sousou no Frieren, making it much, much more natural-sounding. I appreciate the initial translator for bringing it to the attention of everyone, but their translation wasn't good.

this seems like it will be a good, serious series about appreciating what you have before it's gone.

It's the most wholesome series, like Yotsuba if Yanda never ruined things with his jerkishness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't think yotsuba would be the first series to come to my mind when thinking of this one, but yes, it is quite wholesome