Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Scraping hulls with a Brillo pad was a thing in NC, the shop I used to work for charged about $10 per foot to do it. A boat may get hauled out for a bottom painting, but that’s like every 2 years or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I bet y'all laughing about the Space Force having woodland camo fatigues, but I've seen Silent Running. I know what's up.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

only texas deserves a wall of protection

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

only texas deserves a wall of protection

Yeah for the rest of us from them

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

san antonio is forever cool in my book and would visit again in a heartbeat

the alamo is right across the street from a ripleys believe or not motherfuckers

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

the alamo is right across the street from a ripleys believe or not motherfuckers

It's the best city in Texas

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I bet y'all laughing about the Space Force having woodland camo fatigues, but I've seen Silent Running. I know what's up.

I mean, it is just as incongruous as a Jamaican bobsled team. Wait, wrong movie.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

I'm legit happy I got to experience cicadas one time in my life in San Antonio. It was a wierdly peaceful thing to march and do other basic poo poo to.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Syrian Lannister posted:

I thought that normally you pull a boat out for maintenance like that, and only dive for emergency prop or shaft repair

You can do either tbh

Generally cheaper to pay a diver

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

KirbyKhan posted:

I'm legit happy I got to experience cicadas one time in my life in San Antonio. It was a wierdly peaceful thing to march and do other basic poo poo to.

the birds were crazy at fort sam

it was nice watching them when you're standing in formation forever

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Can you hear me...
can you hear me running...

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Ahh, the empire did nothing wrong crowd.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Lake of Methane posted:

The high points of Space Force are operating the GPS constellation (50th), coordinating launches (30th & 45th), parts of NORAD/early warning (21st & 460th), tracking/cataloging orbiting objects, and probably ASAT & whatever spooky stuff the X-37 is doing.

Wikipedia has some details about locations:

I was also 100% mixing up Vandenberg and LA AFB. I don't really know how.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Nuclear Tourist posted:

We should be so lucky that the government would give enough of a poo poo about nature that they'd send whole ecosystems into space to preserve them.

And I still tear up when I hear the title theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkF05D-NJMU

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

the birds were crazy at fort sam

it was nice watching them when you're standing in formation forever

The grackles and other local birds, or the goddamn peacocks in the quad?

Loden Taylor fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jan 19, 2020

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/18/us/puerto-rico-emergency-director-fired/index.html

if puerto rico needs help building guillotines ill fly down for a weekend to pitch in

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/18/us/puerto-rico-emergency-director-fired/index.html

if puerto rico needs help building guillotines ill fly down for a weekend to pitch in

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

seriously ill bring my own hammer

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

seriously ill bring my own hammer

im just tired

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

KirbyKhan posted:

I was in Oklahoma City with a bunch of people from California for a few months one time. The ones that had never heard cicadas before described it as "the trees screaming at them" and it's one of those things I don't think I'll ever forget.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
CVN-81 will be named after Doris Miller.

https://news.usni.org/2020/01/18/next-ford-class-carrier-to-be-named-after-pearl-harbor-hero-doris-miller

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I’ll believe it when I see it. With Wormtongue Miller near Trump I except this to be renamed before it gets launched.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

LingcodKilla posted:

I’ll believe it when I see it. With Wormtongue Miller near Trump I except this to be renamed before it gets launched.

He'll rename it for that sailor that appeared in PBS' Carrier getting thrown out for using the n word

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
He’ll try to name it after himself or one of the war criminals he’s pardoned.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Abongination posted:

He’ll try to name it after himself or one of the war criminals he’s pardoned.

He'll take full credit for it and say that he's done more for black sailors than any other president in history.
(If he actually wants to win them over he'd reinstate permanent no shave chits)

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

If they ever mention the new carrier name on fox news he will almost certainly see it since he watches like 60 hours of TV a week and try to rename it to the USS MAR A LAGO or some poo poo.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

This owns.

edit : is this who stephen segal based his basass cook off? :lol:

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

About loving time they stopped naming them for presidents

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Race thing aside there's no way naming a CVN after an E-1 is actually going to come to fruition but I would love to be wrong

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

ded posted:

This owns.

Should just name it the USS Cuba Gooding Jr and get a few other heroes on there

It’s cool though Dorie Miller had a destroyer named for him before

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Im gonna be honest, I'm really sad that demo dick doesn't have a spot in this administration.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Eagerly awaiting the USS Edward Gallagher

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

shame on an IGA posted:

Race thing aside there's no way naming a CVN after an E-1 is actually going to come to fruition but I would love to be wrong

I think this may happen just because he died on a carrier later in the war ontop off his badassness during Pearl Harbor

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

ded posted:

This owns.

I misread cook terribly

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

Im gonna be honest, I'm really sad that demo dick doesn't have a spot in this administration.

What is that guy doing these days? Has to be security consulting or something if he’s not straight up retired.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

Isn't he like 80 now? Also, disqualifying lip hair.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/pptsapper/status/1219000960544051200?s=19

Grifters gonna grift

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

That's a hell of a take.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
If by eco madness they mean profit incentive then yes, it is at fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

I want to know how they think this should work. Should gas be free so that there is no incentive for people and businesses to try to consume less? :psyduck: