Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lariat is the 5th holder of One for All, then.

First panel on Page 4 shows the fourth inheritor, a man with shaggy light hair and a facial tattoo, giving OFA to Lariat, who then hands it off (via blood, apparently -- neither appear to be grasping anything) to the 6th user, a black-haired man with a long collar. Collar is handing his hair to presumably Nana at the end of that panel.

We know the first user is AFO's brother, so I believe that just leaves the second and third users as people we haven't yet seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
One of them will clearly be a relative of Bakugo's. :v:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Viz chapter for these who like reading two pages at a time: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-257/chapter/19849

Cook's trivia should be ready later tonight.

For some reason this whole chapter feels really ominous to me, and that's even before I got to the cliffhanger at the end.

Well yeah, we already know something bad is coming so all these kids sitting around having fun while Deku reflects on how blessed he is to be at UA is just reinforcing how hosed they're about to be.

Plus All Might and Aizawa talking about how him just being alive and around is enough to help the kids.

What I found weird was that quick comment near the end bringing up Stain. Is he going to make his comeback soon?

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I feel like that's the third time All Might's been teased as talking to Stain. Or maybe he just keeps delaying it over and over again.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SKULL.GIF posted:

... up until Deku accidentally launches himself into the stratosphere and has to figure out how to get back to the ground.

Now we know why Bakugo goes to space.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Why does All Might even need to talk to Stain? Is that something he wanted to do or does Stain have some useful info?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Electric Phantasm posted:

Why does All Might even need to talk to Stain? Is that something he wanted to do or does Stain have some useful info?

Hmm... Gran Torino warned him not to, but I think All Might still wants to figure out Shigaraki's deal. Stain is one of the only people they have access to who had personal contact with Shigaraki.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

It makes a lot of sense imo. Stain is what basically kickstarted this whole thing and caused support to flock to the LoV plus he idol-worships All Might. If All Might can reform him and get him to publicly denounce his previous philosophy they probably expect support to erode hard.

It won't work of course because Shigaraki has finally figured out to put points in Charisma and he's moved things way beyond Stain.

Still wish we could see those convo's tho.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think we will also see the start of the second year soon.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm not sure what Stain's reaction to seeing All Might will be-will he turn out to be just as much as a fanboy as Deku? Will he just be excessively polite? Or will he act somewhat normally?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The sheer amount of horniness for Nana on twitter is hilarious

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Hell, same

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I'm for anything that gets people to even briefly stop lusting after the teenage characters.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Fabricated posted:

I mean, you can't just say that and not post examples.

....for science, of course. Yes. For purely scientific reasons.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Junpei posted:

I'm not sure what Stain's reaction to seeing All Might will be-will he turn out to be just as much as a fanboy as Deku? Will he just be excessively polite? Or will he act somewhat normally?

Stain was in prison before All For One and All Might had their last fight, right? Is he even aware of his current form? That might be a shock to him.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I mean, you can't just say that and not post examples.

....for science, of course. Yes. For purely scientific reasons.

https://twitter.com/ThousandSundae/status/1218948329683537922?s=20

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

This chapter was my favorite kind! Good chapter!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

But Nana is married. And fictional.

And dead. :psyduck:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I also enjoyed Deku and Bakugou's back and fourth in this chapter. Nice to see them have a normal-ish conversation.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

But Nana is married. And fictional.

And dead. :psyduck:

Counterpoint: she also squats about 350, from the looks of it

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

This is funny but also the wrong kind of science

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I want Nana Shimura to use the infinite power of One For All to crush my head like a watermelon with her thighs

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

I want Nana Shimura to use the infinite power of One For All to crush my head like a watermelon with her thighs

Yes, Azusagawa. We're well aware of your fetishes.

Announcing things in front of the whole school once is usually sufficient.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

This chapter was my favorite kind! Good chapter!

This chapter fills me with dread because we know things are going to go real bad real soon and I don't want any of these kids to die. :ohdear:

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Bakugou making GBS threads on Todoroki's Chive chopping skills, then angrily chopping them properly in the background was my favorite part.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Rhonne posted:

This chapter fills me with dread because we know things are going to go real bad real soon and I don't want any of these kids to die. :ohdear:

I'll be sad if anyone dies but Aizawa, Mirio, Eri, and Mina are all absolutely NOT allowed to die. Please take note, Horikoshi, as you engage in your daily reading of this thread.

Mulderman posted:

Bakugou making GBS threads on Todoroki's Chive chopping skills, then angrily chopping them properly in the background was my favorite part.

I want each volume of the manga to end with Bakugo explaining and showing how to make a recipe.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rhonne posted:

Look I know we don't want to see children die, but are you gonna be that crushed if say....Sugar man just didn't appear anymore in the comic?

There's some chaff here before it starts getting real is what I'm saying.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i respect sugar man and his easy bake oven skills, he has to live

that one rock dude that talks to animals though... he could have died off screen a couple of volumes ago and i don't think anyone would have noticed

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Nana is definitely more ripped than previously shown

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i respect sugar man and his easy bake oven skills, he has to live

that one rock dude that talks to animals though... he could have died off screen a couple of volumes ago and i don't think anyone would have noticed

I don't think the character you're describing exists in this manga.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Viridiant posted:

I don't think the character you're describing exists in this manga.

There's some Frog girl who occasionally says a line that, while sensible, most of the cast kind of just ignores. I think she cried at some point about wanting to go back to being care free children right after they saw the pillar of modern society fall in front of their eyes. Maybe had a fight off screen I think? Easy enough to be rid of.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I would be sad if Sato or Koda died. :smith:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
The party of dumbasses that hangs around Bakugou (Kirishima, Mina, Denki, and Sero) needs to live.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Shigaraki still has a half dozen of the quirk erasure bullets doesn't he? Maybe that's how a few of the tertiary characters get pushed out instead of being murderized

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Skypie posted:

Shigaraki still has a half dozen of the quirk erasure bullets doesn't he? Maybe that's how a few of the tertiary characters get pushed out instead of being murderized
He may have more now that Ujiko trusts him; Ujiko is clearly far beyond Overhaul in the evil science department.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Wonder if the erasure bullets are what is meant by "The heroes in that city disappeared"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I wonder what will be the "Anakin and the Younglings" scene of MHA.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I wonder what will be the "Anakin and the Younglings" scene of MHA.
If Horikoshi is gonna do it and have a real nasty Act 3 opener, we're gonna see people from the primary and secondary class get clipped all at once. Some of the adults are absolutely going to die, but it depends on Horikoshi's feelings about killing kids on screen if any of 1-A/1-B go. If you see anyone from 1-A/1-B die when the big event happens I'd say prepare for a bloodbath- if not, assume pretty much everyone is gonna live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I've never felt death flags pop up for All Might since before his fight with All for One, but man, they're going off pretty fierce. I can practically see the post-apocalyptic time skip peeking over the horizon.