Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
At this point, All Might has so many death flags, that I think we are looking at Mr. Burns situation, where they all cancel each other out and All Might is going to live forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

Lariat is the 5th holder of One for All, then.

First panel on Page 4 shows the fourth inheritor, a man with shaggy light hair and a facial tattoo, giving OFA to Lariat, who then hands it off (via blood, apparently -- neither appear to be grasping anything) to the 6th user, a black-haired man with a long collar. Collar is handing his hair to presumably Nana at the end of that panel.

We know the first user is AFO's brother, so I believe that just leaves the second and third users as people we haven't yet seen.

I'm still standing by the silhouetted one with tall hair being the tool Noumu from the camp arc.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Interestingly, it seems to suggest that atleast 4 and 5 handed down One For All more as a matter of urgency because they were on the edge of death rather than picking a particular successor ahead of time and then going off to fight AFO after handing it off like Nana and All Might did.

I'm guessing 4/5 didn't really die fighting AFO directly? It seems unlikely he'd let them get away with handing it off like that, so presumably they died in the process of fighting his criminal empire as opposed to the man himself.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Supersonic Shine posted:

I've never felt death flags pop up for All Might since before his fight with All for One, but man, they're going off pretty fierce. I can practically see the post-apocalyptic time skip peeking over the horizon.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Do you think Deku will follow All Might's example and go to America to continue his education there?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Looking forward to the Wild Wild West Pony arc.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Do you think Deku will follow All Might's example and go to America to continue his education there?

Deku is trying to not follow in All Might's shadow as much, so he'll go to Europe or something instead.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Honestly, of people I predict to die, I can only really see Hawks, All Might, maybe Endeavor, and possibly one of the smaller or less notable heroes/teachers like Cementoss.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rhonne posted:

Deku is trying to not follow in All Might's shadow as much, so he'll go to Europe or something instead.

Ah, the Alfred approach.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

They will kill everyone except Bakugo, including Deku. With his dying breath Deku will give OfA to Bakugo and we'll start the true series.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Junpei posted:

Honestly, of people I predict to die, I can only really see Hawks, All Might, maybe Endeavor, and possibly one of the smaller or less notable heroes/teachers like Cementoss.

I figure we'll probably lose a good chunk of the current top 10. Hopefully not Mirko though. :ohdear:

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Rhonne posted:

I figure we'll probably lose a good chunk of the current top 10. Hopefully not Mirko though. :ohdear:

Don't worry, she has two lucky charms.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I wonder if the person Deku is telling the "Wanna know how I became the best hero?" story to is the next user of OfA.

Either in person or spirit mode.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Ah, the thread name changed.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

They're gonna kill off everyone except Mineta and it will be terrible.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

At least that means nobody has to deal with Mineta anymore.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

There's going to be a timeskip and Mineta will transform into a totally cool and likable character and then we'll all become this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ikGvLUbOuU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The reveal at the end of this chapter, unless it's kind of a headfake is not what I was expecting.

So maybe a significant number of pros just outright vanish, and the big thing coming next is the kids having to do full-fledged pro hero work themselves to make up the difference? I could see the UA staff/faculty not liking the idea and the kids (including the other hero schools) basically being press ganged into full pro work by the government to prevent a panic.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Translator trivia:

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1218956208314318848

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Conot posted:

Don't worry, she has two lucky charms.

Ah perfect, Shigaraki has the perfect quirk to get those for himself!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

You know, is Izuku eventually going to catch on fire?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/pero56870578/status/1216073261500502023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
A part of me wonders if the "Heroes disappearing" bit at the end isn't as literal as we think it is.

Like, heroes don't start dropping like flies or going poof, they mean it more like "Dr. Ujiko cracked the science behind the Quirk erasing bullets and now Spinner, Compress, and Geten are on a Quirk-assassin mission to stop all heroes in the city dead".

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rhonne posted:

There's going to be a timeskip and Mineta will transform into a totally cool and likable character and then we'll all become this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ikGvLUbOuU

I love how all of the comments are about Zenitsu. :allears:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I love how all of the comments are about Zenitsu. :allears:

Still waiting :D

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's actually just a public holiday and all the heroes are off barbecuing or something.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

If Hawks still needs to maintain his cover, he could probably get all of the major heroes in a room for an ambush.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

What's the pose in the middle from?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mraagvpeine posted:

I assume the new movie.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

There's some Frog girl who occasionally says a line that, while sensible, most of the cast kind of just ignores. I think she cried at some point about wanting to go back to being care free children right after they saw the pillar of modern society fall in front of their eyes. Maybe had a fight off screen I think? Easy enough to be rid of.
Off screen?? Tsuyu led the absolute best fight of the entire Class A VS Class B training battles and is a champion. There are 19 other kids in Class A worth cutting before her and I will not let you use your lovely memory to sully her good name.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
kill todoroki, let chaos reign

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Mraagvpeine posted:

Isn't that All Might is still standing after fighting AfO?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lord_Magmar posted:

Isn't that All Might is still standing after fighting AfO?

Considering how the other two are posed it is most likely a big moment in the fight where Deku saves them.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

kill todoroki, let chaos reign

Kaminari kills Todoroki and whoopsie the class is now shattered

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Kaminari kills Todoroki and whoopsie the class is now shattered
He's not even the traitor, he's just a team-killing fuckwad.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Maybe all the heroes vanishing actually has to do with their final exam? Or maybe they already skipped past finals, I forget how Japanese school years work.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rhonne posted:

Maybe all the heroes vanishing actually has to do with their final exam? Or maybe they already skipped past finals, I forget how Japanese school years work.
The kids first year ends in the middle of March if they go by normal Japanese school schedules, and it's now March. So they got finals, then the closing ceremony- then it's on to year 2!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Do high school year have names like in America? Which one is skipped? Freshman -> Sophmore -> Junior? Freshman -> Sophmore -> Senior? Freshman -> Junior -> Senior? Sophmore -> Junior -> Senior?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I believe it's always translated as just first year, second year, third year. Not sure if the original Japanese is more nuanced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Dr Subterfuge posted:

I believe it's always translated as just first year, second year, third year. Not sure if the original Japanese is more nuanced.

I know in Pokemon you see Senpai and Kouhai get swapped to Senior and Junior. More of a relative thing, though.