Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

flesh dance posted:

I like witnessing how the particular neuroses of young, drunk Seth evolved into the ones of older, sober Seth

Young drunk seth must have been loving crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
I think jah's point about seth having his old sign, being able to find it in ~20 seconds and that his apartment doesn't look like a hoarder's is pretty good. They're both deeply weird people.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I forgot how awkward/funny it was during that live show when J's story about the fat girl on the roller coaster completely bombed.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Jippa posted:

Young drunk seth must have been loving crazy.

One of my favorite drunk Seth stories from an early ep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCJUFlyOl0w

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

holy poo poo that is good :yum:

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I wonder if the dudes would still be interested in doing a tv show. they’re the number 1 podcast of the decade after all

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I wonder what their downloads are over the years. Man, I'd love to see that data. I feel they are probably pretty steady; relatively high at the start and now relatively low.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Lampsacus posted:

I wonder what their downloads are over the years. Man, I'd love to see that data. I feel they are probably pretty steady; relatively high at the start and now relatively low.

I imagine it's the opposite? Podcasts are more popular than ever so I think it's got to help them out.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I would bet their number of downloads have been pretty steady for the past 8 years or so, but that their ranking has plummeted.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Enjoyed Brad Pitt on yesterday's WTF saying he's watched every episode of Maron three times, meaning he's intimately familiar with Seth's comedy chops.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

GraPar posted:

Enjoyed Brad Pitt on yesterday's WTF saying he's watched every episode of Maron three times

If someone told me they had seen every episode of Maron even once I would think that was pretty strange.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GraPar posted:

Enjoyed Brad Pitt on yesterday's WTF saying he's watched every episode of Maron three times, meaning he's intimately familiar with Seth's comedy chops.

(Brad came off pretty well in that interview)

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

wow special guest Jon Hamm AND Brad Pitt?

deepspace.io
Aug 5, 2015
Did we ever find out if oysters have mothers?

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Oh man, Jonathan's story in 767.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Ep 285 seth is going to throw down with a 98 year old judo lady.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

You're 10th Dan? I'm 11th Dan. Boom. That's my foot on your throat.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Jah may be the dumbest person alive after that Xmas night story.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Jahs hitchhiker story in 767 is nuts wow

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Jah may be the dumbest person alive

Gonna cut you off right there

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Seth telling a ten year old girl 'You don't even understand what 2007 was'

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Seths story about his teacher is amazing. He must've been a nightmare as a kid, off doing his bits while kids are trying to learn.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I'm weeks behind, but Seth unloading on Dos Hombres Mezcal for nearly the entirety of 761 was a real return to form.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I think there's a good chance Seth wins the war with Breaking Bad/Cranston. 25 years from now he's still going to be ranting about the guy, and I'm going to think, "I don't know, maybe the show did suck, I can't even remember at this point." I feel like I'm a third of the way there already.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

General Dog posted:

I'm weeks behind, but Seth unloading on Dos Hombres Mezcal for nearly the entirety of 761 was a real return to form.

This was the first ep of UYD I showed my brother. It was us chilling in Costs Rica at night laughing our asses off. He loved it.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

General Dog posted:

I think there's a good chance Seth wins the war with Breaking Bad/Cranston. 25 years from now he's still going to be ranting about the guy, and I'm going to think, "I don't know, maybe the show did suck, I can't even remember at this point." I feel like I'm a third of the way there already.

that show is good but it’s basically the three stooges and people act like it’s the wire

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I do remember within a few weeks of saying it sucked he was saying how much he liked transformers which is one of the worst things in recent history. That was the comparison that stood out.

Seth has always had a mixture of incredibly good and bad taste though.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
At this point I've lost track of what Seth likes ironically vs unironically, and frankly I like it more this way.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Seth goes to see movies opening day at 8am and then leaves 30 minutes in, which rules

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Some of the movies he claims to have walked out of beg the question- what was he expecting?

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010
I think anything not starring an actor he's weirdly obsessed with and/or not set in modern times is just too much for him. He can watch the booblebots interact with Shia LeBouf, because the whole thing is kind of tongue in cheek already, I guess. There's real people in real places for the just part.

Star Wars takes itself more seriously so I think he gets like a weird secondhand embarrassment when he sees "fake things on screen."

Still love the episode where Jonathan is trying to make sense of it and points out that Seth is more likely to experience sci-fi stuff in his lifetime than actually ride a horse or do anything they do in old Western movies.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Seth not liking Good Time was a big surprise for me. Seemed straight up his alley; a movie set in the modern day about a realistic scumbag doing believable things.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

Seth not liking Good Time was a big surprise for me. Seemed straight up his alley; a movie set in the modern day about a realistic scumbag doing believable things.

That does seem crazy, it's basically Cops: But Before the Cops Show Up

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

What episode is it where Jah tells the story of him getting pulled over on the east coast with mushrooms?

I think he was with a band or coming back from a gig.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Beastie posted:

What episode is it where Jah tells the story of him getting pulled over on the east coast with mushrooms?

I think he was with a band or coming back from a gig.

Dunno the episode, but I know it was in Asheville and he got popped in the green room of The Orange Peel either right before or right after a Jogger show.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

The first episode I listened to (214) was the one they had to record two in one night because he had to go to court the next week or something.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

What's with the weird gaps in the episodes they've posted to Spotify? I'd never looked at podcasts on there until I finally realized you can listen over the app on the PS4 while gaming and easily control it with the phone. I mean I know the answer is everything they do other than the actual excellent content is slapdash and erratic but I did wonder if maybe Spotify was more proactive than other platforms about scanning for music and rejects a bunch of their files.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

deepspace.io posted:

Did we ever find out if oysters have mothers?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

What's with the weird gaps in the episodes they've posted to Spotify? I'd never looked at podcasts on there until I finally realized you can listen over the app on the PS4 while gaming and easily control it with the phone. I mean I know the answer is everything they do other than the actual excellent content is slapdash and erratic but I did wonder if maybe Spotify was more proactive than other platforms about scanning for music and rejects a bunch of their files.

I don't know what the situation is like on Spotify but in recent years it isn't unusual for them to release two episodes one week and then none the next week, and sometimes another week without an episode slips in there. There should be episodes coming soon since the vid episodes are already up from a show they did yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
spoke to Seth on the phone today and it was fuckin wild