Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
its funny because the free market is driving the efficiency quest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Chiefs going to the super bowl baby!

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Buttcoin purse posted:

I want to know how they think this should work. Should gas be free so that there is no incentive for people and businesses to try to consume less? :psyduck:

Global warming hoax fake news is the problem because MAGA. It's propaganda. It making sense is optional, and possibly even detrimental. Find a bad thing that is happening, scream and yell while pointing at the "other team". Truthiness will be conveyed and that's all that matters.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

fknlo posted:

Chiefs going to the super bowl baby!

Good. gently caress the titans.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Buttcoin purse posted:

I want to know how they think this should work. Should gas be free so that there is no incentive for people and businesses to try to consume less? :psyduck:

Funnily enough, "gas is free" is actually how things worked for Aeroflot in the Soviet era. They worked on the basis that there would always be a supply of fuel.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Stabbing, arson (?) and multiple homicides in Honolulu.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/multiple-police-critically-hurt-hawaiis-diamond-head-officials/story?id=68390057

Someone's trying to give Florida Man a run for his money.

Edit: multiple houses burned down and the cops think the suspect died amidst the flames, but no word on whether it was arson or a side-effect of the shootout.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

What's the story with this idiot again (the SF capt)?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Handsome Ralph posted:

What's the story with this idiot again (the SF capt)?

According to Breitbart, (the sole news source) five years ago he cheated on his wife with a SSGT's wife.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I Googled the headline and it's a Breitbart article about an unnamed SF captain with 17 years of service being separated.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Good. gently caress the titans.

:bisonyes:

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
I mean if he was only given 14 days for separation then it’s at best an other than honorable discharge. I kicked a kid out for trying to steal a M9 to murder his wife with and he got more than 14 days so I’d assume it was something other than adultery. I’ve only known one guy who was put out for adultery and he got his promotion removed and a gomor since it was faster. Think it took around 3 or 4 months to get kicked out. HCT knows that dude too. He was a perpetual fuckup as an officer, tackled the BDE Commander drunk at a dining out so the command was looking for a reason to kick him out.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

The dude knocked up his SSG's wife. This was in the works for years.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

joat mon posted:

According to Breitbart, (the sole news source) five years ago he cheated on his wife with a SSGT's wife.

According to the comments, he got her pregnant.

EFB

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

On a kinda related note, one of my friends sent me this article about Vetbros and I thought it was pretty good. At the very least it made me aware of this amazing tweet:

https://twitter.com/oneminutecall/status/1215629619782701056

I used to have a friend from HS who enlisted in the Marines as an avionics tech, then when he got out, got a whole bunch of moto USMC tattoos and wearing Grunt Style shirts, drinking Black Rifle Coffee and talking about his time in service like he was crawling around Afghanistan slitting Taliban throats when in actuality he never deployed anywhere but Korea and Japan. Before I deleted my Facebook, one of the last posts I remember seeing from him was talking about watching 13 Hours with his 5 and 7 year old sons and teaching them the difference between cover and concealment while playing with their Nerf guns. For some reason, that made me sadder than a lot of other things.

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012
My first barracks roomate in the army was the son of some air force colonel. He had huge issues staying awake, like he would fall asleep in the middle of unit evaluations when he was the guy being evaluated. He got got chaptered out like 2 weeks after getting this whole sleeve done where it looked like he had a bullet wound in his arm, and his dogtags and an american flag were coming out of the wound.

Not really related to anything except dumb guys with moto tattoos.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I used to have a friend from HS who enlisted in the Marines as an avionics tech, then when he got out, got a whole bunch of moto USMC tattoos and wearing Grunt Style shirts, drinking Black Rifle Coffee and talking about his time in service like he was crawling around Afghanistan slitting Taliban throats when in actuality he never deployed anywhere but Korea and Japan. Before I deleted my Facebook, one of the last posts I remember seeing from him was talking about watching 13 Hours with his 5 and 7 year old sons and teaching them the difference between cover and concealment while playing with their Nerf guns. For some reason, that made me sadder than a lot of other things.

It's making me sad by proxy

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
NYT has endorsed two candidates for the first time in history.

Warren!

and...

Klobuchar?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Klobocher gets things done, she's ready to use a comb to eat a salad AND throw the nuclear button at an intern to launch the missiles. You can count on her!

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

The hell Mike Bloomberg is dumping ad money into the Green Bay game. Oh god it's 2020 and the Democratic Party has absolutely no plan

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Prop Wash posted:

The hell Mike Bloomberg is dumping ad money into the Green Bay game. Oh god it's 2020 and the Democratic Party has absolutely no plan

He has infinite money and hundreds of recently hired staffers that need to look busy. Buying up every second of ad space regardless of state fits the bill.

hannibal
Jul 27, 2001

[img-planes]

Stravag posted:

About loving time they stopped naming them for presidents

I wish they still named them after battles.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Current mood: https://youtu.be/YYJ5ZViYhHQ

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Either Bloomberg is laying the groundwork for a third party run, or he's going to prove that money makes you stupid. Honestly either is possible.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

hannibal posted:

I wish they still named them after battles.

Yeah but then you'd get the USS Khe Sanh and the USCGS Wadi Al-Batin.

Sarern
Nov 4, 2008

:toot:
Won't you take me to
Bomertown?
Won't you take me to
BONERTOWN?

:toot:

Best Friends posted:

Either Bloomberg is laying the groundwork for a third party run, or he's going to prove that money makes you stupid. Honestly either is possible.

I assume he is going to Perot the Democrats because we live in the bad timeline.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The amount of money that Bloomberg spent is a fraction of the money it would cost him if Bernie took office. It's prudent financial planning.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
Welp

https://twitter.com/GFlo_GG/status/1219102706939330560

Shooter still at large.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
I have known exactly one person in my life who expressed a preference for Klobuchar. Both his parents were State Department, his idea for a Fourth of July party was inviting people over to listen to the Capitol Steps, and he was utterly, utterly insufferable.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Lol they had a winner https://twitter.com/WideAsleepNima/status/1219128348397514753?s=19

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mocking the NYT is the only thing I consistently agree with Trump on

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

loving

incredible

bengy81
May 8, 2010
NEW YORK TIMES: THE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE!!!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Fallom posted:

hes absolutely right about the media for all the wrong reasons

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fallom posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/831805955402776576?s=20

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Fallom posted:

Their long form articles are excellent and the archives are fantastically organized and searchable, but their editorials... :(

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Their long form articles are excellent and the archives are fantastically organized and searchable, but their editorials... :(

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Opinions article writers are among the worst, most useless people on the face of the earth.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Ah, that’s good. It’s fascinating to be able to flip through their old issues, and not just the front pages.

Dang does any major news site have respectable editorials? Maybe the Guardian.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Ah, that’s good. It’s fascinating to be able to flip through their old issues, and not just the front pages.

Dang does any major news site have respectable editorials? Maybe the Guardian.

The Onion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

BigDave posted:

Yeah but then you'd get the USS Khe Sanh and the USCGS Wadi Al-Batin.

We have a USS Hue City
https://www.public.navy.mil/surflant/cg66/Pages/default.aspx