Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kobal2 posted:

Huh ? Isn't his node a required passage to explore anything SW of the keep ?

You can go there before he spawns, though.

I did.

EDIT: I progressed the Hellknight quest up to the point that I was given the option to tell everyone to gently caress off and handle poo poo themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
I did go there before that dude spawned too, but later I got quest leading me there. I think someone in the keep approached me and told me that this guy is coming and I should meet him there.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009
I picked this up during the fall sale, and my god is it a big game. I'm on my third restart now, after losing my kingdom the first two times due to my inability to properly manage a kingdom. I switched to the Turn Based Mod this time around, and my god why is this not the default mode. No longer having to forecast where my AoE spells need to land while combat continues real time makes things so much easier. It's got its own issues, but it's sooo much better than vanilla. I'm also way more prone to use consumables and keep on top of abilities like Lindsey's bard songs now too, which I pretty much ignored before. I managed to get all the way to my coronation the 2nd time around (not sure how close to the end that is), so here's hoping I can finish this drat game on the 3rd.

On Jubilost; I missed him completely in my 2nd playthrough too.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Some information about the sequel that also has a few pretty screenshots.

Kickstarter campaign starts on February 4th.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

So I found the Pro Cheese Strat for the Lonely Barrow. You can dimension door into the prison, but how do you beat that lich for all kinds of sweet endgame loot you have no business getting your hands on on level 10?

You will need:
-Harrim and Tristian
-A mage with dimension door and icy prison. I recommend acid nukes as well. Boost that Icy Prison DC as high as it will go. Be sure to have two dimension doors - one to get in, and one to get out.
-A lot of patience

Step 1: Throw freedom of movement on the entire team. Do the usual stack of buffs. Freedom of movement is incredibly important here and is the basis for the entire strat.
Step 2: Dimension door into the jail. Act like you know what the lich is talking about.
Step 3: The rear end in a top hat is going to spend turn 1 casting seamantle. Unbeknownst to him it does literally nothing when your opponents have freedom of movement up. Now drop icy prison on his rear end ASAP.
Step 4: While his dumb rear end is paralyzed, beat down his golems. I threw him into an acid pit.
Step 5: Have the clerics positive channel while you hit him with that 6th level acid nuke spell. Remember, the icy prison paralyzes so he can't make Reflex saves.
Step 6: I came in here at level 10, so I got two levels out of the deal. Grab all that loot, and realize that you are not gonna be giving any fucks for a long time.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Help, I'm stuck. Spoilers for Chapter 2 (Season of Bloom) ahead.

My capital was under attack. I have cleared it out. There are no more monsters here, Jhod died, I can talk to the head of my guards but he just tells me to find the source of this. The quest step completed, too; Defend the Capital is checked off in Season of Bloom. How do I actually make it end so I can get back into the throne room? Do I have to complete all of Lamashtu's Womb too? I really need to rest and clear Death's Door and also do throne room management stuff.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Prism posted:

Do I have to complete all of Lamashtu's Womb too?

This is what you need to do, yes.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
They don't make it easy then given I really need that safe rest before I do any more dungeons.

Oh ...wait, I can sleep up at the trading post, can't I. The ruling decisions will just have to get along without me being able to get to the throne room for a while longer.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
I've never had a huge amount of trouble (in terms of safety anyway) resting in the wilderness if need be, that seems to make more sense than travelling massively out of your way to get to Oleg's or any villages you may have built for an easy rest (though you can do that, yes).

Also you can access the kingdom management screen to make kingdom decisions from the world map anywhere inside your claimed territory (and even from regions that only border yours, if you've built an aviary in your region's village), you only need to physically go back to the throne room for specific events that require you to meet visitors.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Dallan Invictus posted:

I've never had a huge amount of trouble (in terms of safety anyway) resting in the wilderness if need be, that seems to make more sense than travelling massively out of your way to get to Oleg's or any villages you may have built for an easy rest (though you can do that, yes).

Also you can access the kingdom management screen to make kingdom decisions from the world map anywhere inside your claimed territory (and even from regions that only border yours, if you've built an aviary in your region's village), you only need to physically go back to the throne room for specific events that require you to meet visitors.

I am aware of both those things but wilderness resting does not remove Death's Door, and I do have at least one of those events up (plus a couple of the ones that require you to spend two weeks working with a councilor, which also require you to get to the throne room). Not that I would spend two weeks right now, granted.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Prism posted:

I am aware of both those things but wilderness resting does not remove Death's Door

Huh, TIL. (I've always played with Death's Door off so I didn't realise that only town rests cleared it) - and yeah, Womb of Lamashtu is definitely not a dungeon you want to take on in that situation.

Sorry if I came off as condescending. Have fun storming the castle!

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Dallan Invictus posted:

Huh, TIL. (I've always played with Death's Door off so I didn't realise that only town rests cleared it) - and yeah, Womb of Lamashtu is definitely not a dungeon you want to take on in that situation.

Sorry if I came off as condescending. Have fun storming the castle!

Yeah, I'm a wuss - I tried without on my very first (abandoned) playthrough when the game came out, but I got annoyed by crits just wrecking low-health party members so now I've left it on for my turn-based playthrough. They still get wrecked but at least I don't have to pay to revive them. (And no problem, I was a little sharper than I meant to be in response.)

Greater restoration will also do it according to tooltips/loading screen, but a safe rest is definitely the easier option. I haven't tried curing it with raise dead, but you'd think that would work...

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I mean, if you're already playing with Death's Door, just massively turn down all the other difficulty settings for that dungeon. Then once you've cleared the dungeon and the status, set the difficulty back to whatever you like.

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss

Prism posted:

Yeah, I'm a wuss - I tried without on my very first (abandoned) playthrough when the game came out, but I got annoyed by crits just wrecking low-health party members so now I've left it on for my turn-based playthrough. They still get wrecked but at least I don't have to pay to revive them. (And no problem, I was a little sharper than I meant to be in response.)

Greater restoration will also do it according to tooltips/loading screen, but a safe rest is definitely the easier option. I haven't tried curing it with raise dead, but you'd think that would work...

Raise Dead does work but you may as well save your scroll of Raise Dead for when they're actually dead.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

grah posted:

Raise Dead does work but you may as well save your scroll of Raise Dead for when they're actually dead.

It's a lower level spell than greater restoration, is all. 99% of the time I'll just go take a nap to fix it.

Lord Koth posted:

I mean, if you're already playing with Death's Door, just massively turn down all the other difficulty settings for that dungeon. Then once you've cleared the dungeon and the status, set the difficulty back to whatever you like.

I just rested at the outpost and I'm doing fine now. (I actually didn't know I could mess with the difficulty mid-game though, that's good to know.)

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

The Crotch posted:

You can go there before he spawns, though.

I did.

Oh right. But it should still have a red exclamation mark to indicate something has changed... if you compulsively mouse over locations of course.

Fun fact : during my first playthrough I doggedly missed Regongar & Damage Goddess. I was (role)playing a paladin so obviously giving away a teammate to slavers was a strong No Go ; but that first encounter with them is rough as hell on a low level party and even with the power of save scumming I simply could not not get killed there. So instead I saved whenever I traveled in that area and reloaded if that random encounter triggered because it was obviously overtuned and so unfair and so on. Oh, let me tell you about being your own worst enemy...

Kobal2 fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 21, 2020

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Ehhh, the real reason he's pretty hard to miss is that the ford is pretty much right on the main path from your capitol to the troll-related stuff - relatedly, Ekundayo's rather more easy to miss since the tower isn't. So unless you're somehow south of it the entire time from when he spawns to when you resolve the crisis, you're probably going to pass by that route at least once. Like, it's not like you HAVE to go by the ford to get into the south western area, but most people generally don't go by the eastern bridge because it really is a roundabout route.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I have a new problem now, but this one's technical.

Some of my log messages are showing up three times. This basically makes it too spammy to be useful. From my browsing of forums this sometimes happens starting in The First World, but I couldn't find a fix; does anyone know of one?

It looks like this:

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss

Prism posted:

I have a new problem now, but this one's technical.

Some of my log messages are showing up three times. This basically makes it too spammy to be useful. From my browsing of forums this sometimes happens starting in The First World, but I couldn't find a fix; does anyone know of one?

It looks like this:

Usually just closing the program and then reloading fixes that for me. It is obnoxious cause of how long that can take but it seems to be relatively infrequent at least.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

grah posted:

Usually just closing the program and then reloading fixes that for me. It is obnoxious cause of how long that can take but it seems to be relatively infrequent at least.

It actually persisted through a close and reopen - but only when I used an autosave. When I used a hard save and did the same thing it went away. Weird, but at least it's fixed now. Thanks.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009
So I've been stuck on Varrask's quest trying to collect the blood, but I'm not having any luck at all. I've tried the workarounds posted online like going out to the map, resting, and then re-entering the lodge, but nothing seems to work. Is there some console command or something you can do to force an event to fire?

E; I should mention it's been that way since the 2nd or third chapter, and I was hoping if I came back at a later time it might have resolved itself. I've since gone through my coronation and I'm still stuck on this one.

NatasDog fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jan 22, 2020

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The endgame is a real slog and I'm decently optimized. I'm tempted to drop the difficulty to just rush through it and get my ending.

NatasDog posted:

So I've been stuck on Varrask's quest trying to collect the blood, but I'm not having any luck at all. I've tried the workarounds posted online like going out to the map, resting, and then re-entering the lodge, but nothing seems to work. Is there some console command or something you can do to force an event to fire?

E; I should mention it's been that way since the 2nd or third chapter, and I was hoping if I came back at a later time it might have resolved itself. I've since gone through my coronation and I'm still stuck on this one.

Did you Baleful Polymorph her? If so, that's that for looting.

Have you tried just adding the item to your inventory?

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 27, 2020

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

Hypocrisy, do you play with Bag of Tricks mod? I was under the impression that many players consider this to be a necessary addition to cheat your way through the endgame, among other things.

Not that I think that any game can be considered good when your player base wants to do that. Or do you think the in-game difficulty toggles can help?

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

Hypocrisy posted:

The endgame is a real slog and I'm decently optimized. I'm tempted to drop the difficulty to just rush through it and get my ending.

Did you Baleful Polymorph her? If so, that's that for looting.

Have you tried just adding the item to your inventory?

I should have been clearer, she's just not there. I'll try adding the item to my inventory and see if that clears it up. At this point he's the only craftsman left that I haven't been able to close out the quest with.

Griffen
Aug 7, 2008
Got this game during the Steam sale and I've been enjoying it so far. Running a sub-optimal Fighter/Wizard and enjoying the combination of spells and greatswords, but had a couple questions for veterans:

1. Are there any obscure triggers that determine the game ending (like some Final Fantasy games) or is it solely on character decisions as you go through the story (like Dragon Age: Origins)? I'm trying not to play this game with a guide open, but I don't want to miss anything too critical.
2. So far I've picked up Harrim at the tomb, and man this wet blanket of a dwarf is getting old. Does he get any better, or is the other cleric Tristian a more bearable alternative at some point (character-wise)? Wondering if I should bite the bullet and buy a mercenary cleric or druid as a healer while they're still cheap. I'd rather they say nothing than being 24-7 emo.
3. I just realized that Mage Armor doesn't stack with actual armor like it did in NWN. If you are an armored caster, is the go-to defense buffs things like displacement, mirror image, and stone/barkskin?

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Griffen posted:

Got this game during the Steam sale and I've been enjoying it so far. Running a sub-optimal Fighter/Wizard and enjoying the combination of spells and greatswords, but had a couple questions for veterans:

1. Are there any obscure triggers that determine the game ending (like some Final Fantasy games) or is it solely on character decisions as you go through the story (like Dragon Age: Origins)? I'm trying not to play this game with a guide open, but I don't want to miss anything too critical.
2. So far I've picked up Harrim at the tomb, and man this wet blanket of a dwarf is getting old. Does he get any better, or is the other cleric Tristian a more bearable alternative at some point (character-wise)? Wondering if I should bite the bullet and buy a mercenary cleric or druid as a healer while they're still cheap. I'd rather they say nothing than being 24-7 emo.
3. I just realized that Mage Armor doesn't stack with actual armor like it did in NWN. If you are an armored caster, is the go-to defense buffs things like displacement, mirror image, and stone/barkskin?

1: The actual arc of the game is pretty linear. The ending changes depending on your actions, and there's a specific romance path to the game that probably requires you to follow a guide from the beginning if you want to do it. It's possible to miss things by your choices but I wouldn't worry about it.
2: I found Harrim hilarious, it's like you've got a cleric of Eeyore in the party. Mercenary clerics are nice because you can completely customize them - both Harrim and Tristian have some issues with Tristian not being allowed to wear armor and Harrim lacking Charisma for Channel Energy uses - but all of your companions have specific side companion quests associated with them, which provide loot and XP. You can ditch Harrim and only have him around for his companion quests if you don't like him, but it's worth doing all of the companion quests because of the aforementioned rewards.
3: Basically. Most bonuses in the game are typed - Mage Armor provides an "armor" bonus to AC, as compared to barkskin which provides a "natural armor" bonus or a Ring of Protection which provides a "deflection" bonus. Bonuses of the same type don't stack, so Mage armor doesn't stack with actual armor because they both provide an "armor" bonus. Displacement (for a 50% miss chance) is very nice, as is Mirror Image (which in the short time generally does a better job but goes away as the images do). Stoneskin doesn't boost your AC, but provides damage reduction, absorbing damage from each physical attack that actually lands.

If you want to play a fighter/mage, you're probably better off switching to the Magus class, which is a dedicated fighter/wizard that includes the ability to do things like make a full attack and also cast a spell. You can respec your main character up to 3 times for free by talking to Anoriel Eight-Eyes once she arrives (after 3 respecs, you have to pay to respec again).

Additionally, there is a Turn-Based Combat mod that has been very favorably received - I haven't played with it myself, but I'll definitely use it if I play the game again - and you can toggle it on and off so you can use real time with pause combat for random trash encounters, and stick to Turn-Based Combat for any fights where you think you need more precise control over what your characters are doing.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Griffen posted:

The "best" ending absolutely requires a bunch of extremely obscure bullshit and you shouldn't worry about it. Just make your own decisions and get your own ending.

Harrim doesn't ever really change, no.

Yup. Although if you want to min/max a gish in this game, you're typically better off not wearing actual armor and instead relying on dex and splashing into monk for the high AC monk robes and +AC stances. I can't say I have any experience with fighter/mage specifically though, since that kind of archetype is sort of covered by the magus.

Since you're new it's also worth mentioning that this game has an incredible turn-based mod. Check it out if you prefer that style of gameplay.

edit: I love that myself and the above guy posted the exact same thing, right down to the turn-based mod recommendation.

Griffen
Aug 7, 2008

Vargs posted:

The "best" ending absolutely requires a bunch of extremely obscure bullshit and you shouldn't worry about it. Just make your own decisions and get your own ending.

Harrim doesn't ever really change, no.

Yup. Although if you want to min/max a gish in this game, you're typically better off not wearing actual armor and instead relying on dex and splashing into monk for the high AC monk robes and +AC stances. I can't say I have any experience with fighter/mage specifically though, since that kind of archetype is sort of covered by the magus.

Since you're new it's also worth mentioning that this game has an incredible turn-based mod. Check it out if you prefer that style of gameplay.

edit: I love that myself and the above guy posted the exact same thing, right down to the turn-based mod recommendation.

I do find it interesting that you both said essentially the same thing. I guess it speaks to your accuracy. I'll take a look at the turn-based mod. Currently I'm fine with RTWP, as I've done both NWN games, but I can tell from the log that there are a lot more calculations going on in this game than NWN. I have a feeling boss fights might need the mod.

If I buy a merc, does he drain party XP (say if an event gives 200 party XP and I have 8 party members total between the core party and the Trading Post, then everyone gets 25 XP)? I keep debating the trade-off between XP progression and party flexibility. If XP is unaffected, then money isn't as important to me, but I don't want to slow level progression anymore than it already is.

I appreciate the suggestions about optimizing character build. I was deciding between Magus and Fighter/Wiz/EK and ultimately went with the latter for the better spell flexibility. I love having the option of learning most of the spells and deciding what to use with the power of save-scumming. While a 2-handed fighter/wizard in armor isn't the most powerful, I enjoy the jack-off-all-trades builds. Plus, I can always turn down the difficulty if the fun build isn't effective enough. I've heard the game can get pretty obscene so I've prepared myself to go that route when needed.

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss

Griffen posted:

I do find it interesting that you both said essentially the same thing. I guess it speaks to your accuracy. I'll take a look at the turn-based mod. Currently I'm fine with RTWP, as I've done both NWN games, but I can tell from the log that there are a lot more calculations going on in this game than NWN. I have a feeling boss fights might need the mod.

If I buy a merc, does he drain party XP (say if an event gives 200 party XP and I have 8 party members total between the core party and the Trading Post, then everyone gets 25 XP)? I keep debating the trade-off between XP progression and party flexibility. If XP is unaffected, then money isn't as important to me, but I don't want to slow level progression anymore than it already is.

I appreciate the suggestions about optimizing character build. I was deciding between Magus and Fighter/Wiz/EK and ultimately went with the latter for the better spell flexibility. I love having the option of learning most of the spells and deciding what to use with the power of save-scumming. While a 2-handed fighter/wizard in armor isn't the most powerful, I enjoy the jack-off-all-trades builds. Plus, I can always turn down the difficulty if the fun build isn't effective enough. I've heard the game can get pretty obscene so I've prepared myself to go that route when needed.

There are two xp options. By default all characters receive xp at the same rate whether in your party or not.

One option changes this so only active party members get xp. They will get xp at an accelerated rate, especially so if you run less than 6 in your active party.

The other option allows only the skill user to receive xp for skill checks. Again at an accelerated amount. Some late game checks are worth huge amounts of xp so this can be situationally useful.

Mercs don't affect any of this but they do start at the minimum xp for your level so they will level up slightly later than endin everyone else, more so if you hire them when you're almost at the next level.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

ilitarist posted:

Not that I think that any game can be considered good when your player base wants to do that. Or do you think the in-game difficulty toggles can help?

There's hundreds of hours of content that is genuinely good, and even the endgame debuff spam can be powered through without cheating in a perfectly legitimate non-threatening way, the suggestions to cheat are mostly a nod to the fact that the debuff spam is tedious and player time is finite so therefor you should save your hours for the rest of the game.

The game can be both good, and have a section relatively far into it that the playerbase advises people to just bypass once they've done the fight once.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Is there a mod that makes it so you can choose when to advance between chapters? I know it's part of the game, but in my first playthrough I just sort of felt at times like I wanted to chill out and play at my own pace without some arbitrary timers forcing me to hurry.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

Anias posted:

There's hundreds of hours of content that is genuinely good, and even the endgame debuff spam can be powered through without cheating in a perfectly legitimate non-threatening way, the suggestions to cheat are mostly a nod to the fact that the debuff spam is tedious and player time is finite so therefor you should save your hours for the rest of the game.

The game can be both good, and have a section relatively far into it that the playerbase advises people to just bypass once they've done the fight once.

Eh, the question of personal preference, I guess. I value 2 hours game that didn't have anything bad at all in it much higher than a game with 80 hours of good gameplay and 20 hours of an obviously bad one. In RPG genre especially I see a lot of people concentrating on high points and forgiving a lot.

ilitarist fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jan 29, 2020

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss

Sky Shadowing posted:

Is there a mod that makes it so you can choose when to advance between chapters? I know it's part of the game, but in my first playthrough I just sort of felt at times like I wanted to chill out and play at my own pace without some arbitrary timers forcing me to hurry.

Bag of tricks has a few options for freezing or slowing game time but skipping forward is a little tricky because of events popping up. I usually do like 60 - 90 day chunks and just fix the damage to my kingdom stats with cheat menu.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Just beat it and yea I had a bunch of cheats running for most of the game, like turning off encumbrance, not having to rest every five minutes, not being barred from conversation options because I’m not lawful enough. For the endgame I just went all out with cheats as it became an unfair slog.

Also had to use a guide constantly because the game loves telling you to “go to place” with no hint or indication where said place is on this huge map.

And yea just to elaborate on what the others said the best/secret ending is locked behind doing a particular romance and requires a bunch of obscure stuff. The payoff is fairly minor if arguably a bit more satisfying than the regular good endings.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

NatasDog posted:

For anyone interested, it just turned out I'm an idiot and was looking for her in the wrong place. I got her quest trigger confused with the other guy's quest that takes you there and was looking on the main floor.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Finally finished, looked up a guide, and only had to restart part way to get the "true" ending. The ending sequence itself was alright but the path to the ending makes the MC seem really stupid and awful.

NatasDog posted:

For anyone interested, it just turned out I'm an idiot and was looking for her in the wrong place. I got her quest trigger confused with the other guy's quest that takes you there and was looking on the main floor.

Glad it didn't actually bug out.

ilitarist posted:

Hypocrisy, do you play with Bag of Tricks mod? I was under the impression that many players consider this to be a necessary addition to cheat your way through the endgame, among other things.

I was planning to use the in game difficulty settings to nerf the enemy's rolls/stats but as it turns out, the actual end game stopped having ghost mages and ghost rogues so I didn't have to.

In hindsight, teleporting a squad of ghosts behind me is certainly a very D&D move and something I can laugh at now.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

Recently GOG gave away Tower of Time for free. I've heard some good things about it but it went under the radar. It looks like one of Infinity Engine inspired game but with lesser focus on the story, so more like Icewind Dale rather than trying to be like BG1 the way PFKM does. Has anyone here tried it?

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009
I'm at the endgame now and I guess I get some of the hate, but honestly it's not hard with the turn based mod. A tad tedious as I have to make sure the entire party's got freedom of movement; thankfully I'm doing an LG Paladin run so the whole party's got fear immunity as long as they stay bunched up. The duration on Freedom of Movement is super long and the fear immunity spell is permanent until you rest, so it's not like you have to constantly refresh the necessities.

I'm using Jubilost and most of the time I'm resting just to refresh his bombs above anything else; he's got communal stoneskin too so that's always up. I dedicated all of Octavia's 3rd level spell slots to Haste so I can have it up at all times and I try to keep other minor buffs like Bless and Prayer up just to speed things along, but most of the fights are manageable. It took me a minute to recognize that the Monarchs need to be primaried whenever they show up, but once I did those fights became trivial. The stat drain from ghosts is a pain, but at least lesser restoration removes them so you don't need to carry around gigantic piles of diamond dust.

It took me forever to realize that I could cure Death's Door with Greater Restoration since I was just used to taking care of it by resting in the capital, but once I figured that out it's been a breeze.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

ilitarist posted:

Recently GOG gave away Tower of Time for free. I've heard some good things about it but it went under the radar. It looks like one of Infinity Engine inspired game but with lesser focus on the story, so more like Icewind Dale rather than trying to be like BG1 the way PFKM does. Has anyone here tried it?

I actually bought it on Steam in the Xmas sale and had entirely forgotten I'd done so until you just reminded me.

So seconding a request for thoughts on it before I forget again and it forever joins the ranks of my steam backlog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Reminder that the Kickstarter for WotR starts tomorrow, and Owlcat will be doing a livestream to give more information about it.

This is exciting, but I will say I'm slightly concerned at the same time. Not due to bugs, since with it being the same engine and Owlcat having experience now that aspect should hopefully be much reduced, but rather due to the Paladin/LG-centric nature of the campaign. Sure you don't have to go that route, but thematically it really leans in that direction, and Owlcat did a loving terrible job with LG in general, and Paladins in particular, in Kingmaker. Like, there's a reason more than a few people have commented that the group of them in Valerie's companion quest are realistically like a hair's-breadth from falling (if not already), and the LG options in general seem to lean far too much in a genocidal/ruthless direction.