Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

Apparently, the Monster Hunter update is maxing out Pat's PC to the point it's overloading his backup battery.

Also apparently, the anti-cheat Capcom added is so over the top that 50% of the game's CPU draw is dedicated to checking file integrity every second.

:psyduck:

The MHW poo poo is bad but a computer should be able to run at 100% load for hours with no issues. If it can't there is something wrong with the computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I still haven't finished the podcast but woolie realizing he actually just dreamt he finished the mandolorian is one of the funniest things I heard this past week.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Nalesh posted:

I feel like that prompt should happen after X strawberries instead of after X level.

It's seriously about 15 minutes into the game. Like, I'd absolutely assume Pat did get that far and just didn't pay attention over him not getting that far.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Andrast posted:

The MHW poo poo is bad but a computer should be able to run at 100% load for hours with no issues. If it can't there is something wrong with the computer.

Yeah you'd think so. Folks are reporting 100% CPU draw non stop though and it causing system problems. Now there's this data from some smarties that went digging in the code:

Some Japanese players also discovered if you alt-tab out and try to close the game in task manager, the "do you want to save?" prompt will trigger in game and this kills the cheat scan, freeing up a ton of CPU cycles. It's just... holy poo poo. MHW is a demanding game to begin with, but this is just ridiculous

Next podcast: Local CPU killed by angry pickle :v:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

Yeah you'd think so. Folks are reporting 100% CPU draw non stop though and it causing system problems. Now there's this data from some smarties that went digging in the code:

Some Japanese players also discovered if you alt-tab out and try to close the game in task manager, the "do you want to save?" prompt will trigger in game and this kills the cheat scan, freeing up a ton of CPU cycles. It's just... holy poo poo. MHW is a demanding game to begin with, but this is just ridiculous

Next podcast: Local CPU killed by angry pickle :v:

My point was that a 100% cpu draw should not cause your system any problems.

That Iceborne poo poo sucks though. I lost 10 FPS across the board when Iceborne hit.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I praised monster hunter world for its excellent load times on PC. it took about 15 seconds to go from clicking PLAY to running around Astera, and then another 8 or so seconds from initiating a quest and being in that locale.

Iceborne is taking over a minute to boot, two minutes to load into Hoarfrost Reach, and the town has popin issues as well as taking 30+ seconds to load into.

there were significant issues with PC MHW at launch, weren't there? I remember there being some, but I forget what. nothing that was this bad though that I can recall.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
On a whim, I got the idea to rewatch some of Crankyconstruct's animations for nostalgia. I found out they deleted all their content and I felt bad. Then I went on their twitter and now I don't know how to feel.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

MelvinBison posted:

On a whim, I got the idea to rewatch some of Crankyconstruct's animations for nostalgia. I found out they deleted all their content and I felt bad. Then I went on their twitter and now I don't know how to feel.

What happened, not sure I want to go to their twitter.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

MelvinBison posted:

Oh same, I wanted to bring up the video of Jacob beating up an angel for a blessing the other day but couldn't find it. Their twitter sure is somethin' alright.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I thought Cranky deleted their YouTube channel because of COPPA bullshit?

Edit: Decided to look at their Twitter, there's some NSFW art but no nazi or pedo poo poo like I was worried about, as far as I could tell.

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 13, 2020

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Neo_Crimson posted:

Edit: Decided to look at their Twitter, there's some NSFW art but no nazi or pedo poo poo like I was worried about, as far as I could tell.

COPPA is a good guess, that poo poo is pretty far reaching. Saw a lot of fur stuff on their twitter and man I just can't muster the energy to care about furries in 2020.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

EVERYBODY SHUT THE gently caress UP

https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/1216501517576032257

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Finally...It's finally back.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Neo_Crimson posted:

I forgot about the COPPA scare. No one I follow on twitter has brought it up recently so I thought it died down.

And it was the art that threw me off; I only knew their animations on youtube so Cranky just had a, for lack of a better word, wholesome feel to them. Apparently they took up game design though. That looked pretty cool.

Oh shi-

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I hope this means there's another Woolie/SuperEyepatchWolf LP too

I'm sorry what I meant to say was DO IT AGAIN

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

I praised monster hunter world for its excellent load times on PC. it took about 15 seconds to go from clicking PLAY to running around Astera, and then another 8 or so seconds from initiating a quest and being in that locale.

Iceborne is taking over a minute to boot, two minutes to load into Hoarfrost Reach, and the town has popin issues as well as taking 30+ seconds to load into.

there were significant issues with PC MHW at launch, weren't there? I remember there being some, but I forget what. nothing that was this bad though that I can recall.

My load times weren't affected by Iceborne at all. It's still just as fast.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, Iceborne has been playing nice for me. But I also know a friend who had their character/save wiped.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Andrast posted:

My load times weren't affected by Iceborne at all. It's still just as fast.
I hopped in for another couple runs and it seems that the initial loads are extravagant, and then subsequent loads to those areas are fast, 10 seconds tops. so now it's "wait 2-3 minutes, then everything will run seamlessly the rest of the playtime". weird.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTbWeqbBcyo

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
God this slayed me

https://twitter.com/EyePatchWolf/status/1216758766789648384

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

The podcast is exactly 38 seconds away from 5 hours. loving cowards! :argh:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Holy moley, and hour and thirty minutes of off topic segues at the start of the podcast.

I love it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Locker padlocks fuckin suuuuuuuuucked

Some dipshits managed to flip almost an entire hallway's locker's padlocks in a single class session at my middle school probably doing something similar to what pat said, people went NUTS

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I only just saw this but I can't believe two men died in the span of a minute

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Woolie is doing Mystery Game commentary with Spooky for Frosty Faustings and it's pretty good. Scrublords prepared him for all the random garbage.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Literally all reasons why the podcast is great. :allears:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrHdM6EvgcU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

The best one yet.

Woolie and John are great together

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
someone notify woolie about Noi from Dorohedoro

https://i.imgur.com/C8ZG2QQ.mp4

she's a beefcake in the manga but HOLY poo poo the anime version

https://twitter.com/Echinoderm/status/1218557314501763073

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

With this, I have somehow watched more anime in the past three weeks than I have in the past four years. Holy poo poo.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

Good luck getting woolie to have good anime taste again.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Listening to last week's podcast, woolie really should not be playing devils advocate for the vagina bones fire emblem persona game censorship people

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Captain Invictus posted:

209cm of beef.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Captain Invictus posted:

Listening to last week's podcast, woolie really should not be playing devils advocate for the vagina bones fire emblem persona game censorship people

Oh, Woolie.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

The rare Pat rational & good take also took me by surprise!

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Captain Invictus posted:

What the gently caress even is this? Can someone give me a time to skip to?

I'd google it but I don't want to google that combination of words.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Viridiant posted:

What the gently caress even is this? Can someone give me a time to skip to?

I'd google it but I don't want to google that combination of words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHQmP0jOVJY

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I listened to the audio version but you can definitely hear pat's absolute unwillingness to give the vagina bones censorship people an inch because it's not censorship

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jan 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Naturally people on twitter and youtube are up in arms over this, they see it as Pat focusing on the "anime avatar 1% crowd" and being mean to those plucky folks who don't want any form of censorship.

Of course people only ever seem to say this when anime games do get toned down and only ever when its boobies on the line.