Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

ijyt posted:

Just watched episode 76, the Overhaul fight was incredible as well as the music choice, this threads reaction to episodes never ceases to amaze me.

I've rewatched it like 3 times now, and I still have to watch the dub. It's very good, and so is Deku.

Sometimes I criticize it, but this show has me waking up at 8am to watch Saturday morning cartoons again. I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I thought the 20 seconds where Deku punches was cool. There were a few more 20 second chunks that were pretty good too, including some non punch portions. But they chose every opportunity possible to interrupt the good stuff with bad stuff.

That's my vague take on it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I will admit that Deku ending it with Consecutive Normal Punches is hilarious and possibly a deliberate reference?

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Isn't punching way too many times just an anime staple at this point?

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I haven't seen the episode, but I'd assume it's a deliberate callback to how All Might beat a Noumu the first time they met Shigaraki.

All Might really is the best.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

PMush Perfect posted:

I will admit that Deku ending it with Consecutive Normal Punches is hilarious and possibly a deliberate reference?

The big red fists looking like that is almost certainly a deliberate reference, it's never shown up anywhere else in this show and is exactly how season one One Punch Man presented that move in the training with Genos.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jan 21, 2020

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Onmi posted:

ADTRW is a bubble.

does that make lowtax bubble girl?

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Deku and Saitama can both be scary

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
What's gonna be funny is the number of people who think this upcoming arc is filler when it's canon as hell.

https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1219539374804619264?s=20

This arc is very good IMO.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
very excited to see the rest of the class

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

:golfclap:
This is good content

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

An AU story where Overhaul teaches Eri to control her power. Then together they form a bunch of pharmaceutical shell companies and the Hassaikai rules from the shadows again as they have the only cures for a variety of major ailments

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

PMush Perfect posted:

It almost certainly is both a reference and a way to help hammer in the fact that we never saw All Might go all out at his peak.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Honestly it'd be pretty great to have a spin off series/movie from the perspective of some two bit "villain" during the height of All Might's rise in Japan, treat it like a horror movie where they're trying to do minor crimes or have some moral justification for us to root for them.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
Vigilantes takes place several years before Hero Academia and All Might is still a lot more active and around and gets to show some of his powers at points.
It also shows how Tsukauchi (the cop friend) and All Might met, as well as Aizawas backstory and activities before he became a teacher.

Fatgum mentioned earlier in the season that he used to investigate quirk drugs, which is the larger plot of Vigilantes and he makes several appearances.
I wonder whether they'll ever bother animating it.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Zwiebel posted:

Vigilantes takes place several years before Hero Academia and All Might is still a lot more active and around and gets to show some of his powers at points.
It also shows how Tsukauchi (the cop friend) and All Might met, as well as Aizawas backstory and activities before he became a teacher.

Fatgum mentioned earlier in the season that he used to investigate quirk drugs, which is the larger plot of Vigilantes and he makes several appearances.
I wonder whether they'll ever bother animating it.

If they ever get to the point that the series is so caught up to the manga that even the usual hiatus won't let them get enough material for a MHA season they could do a lot worse than animating the first couple of arcs of Vigilantes as a "filler" season.

Alfredo Jones
Jun 5, 2011

Pretty please with sugar on top?

Fabricated posted:

What's gonna be funny is the number of people who think this upcoming arc is filler when it's canon as hell.

I haven't read that far into the manga but I've heard great things about that arc. I was hoping it would make it in this season and now I'm hyped as gently caress that it is.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
There's a very very short arc that precedes it. They could fit it into a single episode.

If that arc gets one episode instead of two then you may just see the arc after the cultural festival, which is a doozy.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I wonder if dub Jirou's VA will sing.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Fabricated posted:

There's a very very short arc that precedes it. They could fit it into a single episode.

If that arc gets one episode instead of two then you may just see the arc after the cultural festival, which is a doozy.

It'll get two. Both the short arc you're talking about as well as another two chapter story happens between now and the next big arc. I figure they'll use 1.5 episodes for the short arc and the other half of the second episode for the 2 chapters.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
I assume the cultural festival is the Japanese equivalent of like, the senior prom, in that whenever it's featured in genre media it looks like this big important thing when 90% it's really just a vaguely lame party.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Not Keyser Soze posted:

I assume the cultural festival is the Japanese equivalent of like, the senior prom, in that whenever it's featured in genre media it looks like this big important thing when 90% it's really just a vaguely lame party.
Depends on the size of the school really. Generally cultural festivals at larger schools are pretty involved; the various clubs and classes all tend to put up booths or events. Stuff like food vendors, music performances, demos from their clubs (like a dance club would put on an exhibition), etc.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Not Keyser Soze posted:

It's more like an open day for the school combined with what Fabricated says.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Fabricated posted:

This looks so drat fun.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the next few arcs in the manga own hard as gently caress so Season 5 will own

this arc is no exception, it's so good

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Yessss, I can finally talk about Bakugo playing the drums!

(He is ridiculously good at drums.)

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Mirio didn't get the Sakuga he deserved, but there's still hope for Jirou :unsmith:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

PMush Perfect posted:

Yessss, I can finally talk about Bakugo playing the drums!

(He is ridiculously good at drums.)

*screamed so loud your throat bleeds* YOU CAN TEEEELLLLL ME IIIIIF YOU THINK I'M GETTING BEEEEEETTER ON THE DRUUUUUUMS

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Fabricated posted:

On the one hand the tonal whiplash going from the previous arc to festival time will be insane, but on the other hand I am down for Eri being taken for a nice fun time by her two heroes. :unsmith:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

It's just weird, cause it seems like someone definitely touched my drum set.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:
Tired: Nakamura cut for the fight with the arc's antagonist
Wired: Nakamura cut for Jirou's concert

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Do we have a name for the track that plays when Nighteye is talking about what he foresaw, as Chisaki powers up and Midoriya and Eri are in the air?

spoiler tags just in case, I don't think they're needed but

Anshu
Jan 9, 2019

Here's a version of the preview with English subs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfc5wPKTNzU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

KazigluBey posted:

Do we have a name for the track that plays when Nighteye is talking about what he foresaw, as Chisaki powers up and Midoriya and Eri are in the air?

spoiler tags just in case, I don't think they're needed but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odTUt_CPLIU

this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxSVeuMTMfk

or this one?

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Oxxidation posted:

*screamed so loud your throat bleeds* YOU CAN TEEEELLLLL ME IIIIIF YOU THINK I'M GETTING BEEEEEETTER ON THE DRUUUUUUMS
Dr. Worm would be a great hero/villain name.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Neither. It plays in episode 13, around the 11 minute mark, as Overhaul dusts Rikiya Katsukame and is notable for having what sounds like a trumpet or other brass instrument in the main melody, which isn't something I think I've heard on the rest of the previous OSTs, although I could be wrong.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Zero_Tactility posted:

Dr. Worm would be a great hero/villain name.

As if he would ever be a villain!

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Dr Worm and Rabbi Vole are a hero team with their buddy Particle Man. Everyone should know this already.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Doctor Reynolds posted:

As if he would ever be a villain!
I stand corrected!

Draga posted:

Dr Worm and Rabbi Vole are a hero team with their buddy Particle Man. Everyone should know this already.
The twist is that in MHA, Dr Worm is a real doctor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

but he's not a real worm