Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

tsob posted:

I love that the mission concerns a special magic ninja prison that Naruto sends 3 teenagers in to unaccompanied and this maximum security prison is stated to be filled with "rascals".

Hokage Naruto just really hates rascals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

tsob posted:

I love that the mission concerns a special magic ninja prison that Naruto sends 3 teenagers in to unaccompanied and this maximum security prison is stated to be filled with "rascals".

"Youngsters don't even know how good they have it!:arghfist:"

"In my day there was none of this teammates or being 'informed of your mission' nonsense. Your friends and allies just framed you for attempted murder, threw you in there and expected you to figure it out yourself."

Blood Prison will never not have one of the stupidest plots in Naruto :colbert:

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Larryb posted:

Out of curiosity, is the Boruto dub still going on? I haven't seen much from it lately.

Adult Swim dropped it temporarily for something else, although there's a hope it comes back in January when three other shows end. Supposedly it's ongoing with DVD releases, although Adult Swim was getting them first and way ahead. If it doesn't come back to TV, the chunin exam arc should be released on DVD in April or so.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
When Naruto was good it was really good

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Latest Boruto anime, ep 139, shows what the deal is with the beargloves girl. Don't think that was shown before?. Her entire team has had like no airtime at all.

The ep also has new credits.

And i hated the ep. Bog standard naruto friendship fixes everything stuff.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Captain_duck posted:

Latest Boruto anime, ep 139, shows what the deal is with the beargloves girl. Don't think that was shown before?. Her entire team has had like no airtime at all.

The ep also has new credits.

And i hated the ep. Bog standard naruto friendship fixes everything stuff.

I thought the new ED was decent but otherwise agreed.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
the gloves girl got a raw deal with powers if her hands are always like that

but i guess i can't judge whatever society she's from when president naruto is still keeping the ninja gestapo around

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

It'd be nice if the other teams actually got screen time outside of these between arc filler episodes. The only time another team that isn't Ino-Shika-Cho got an arc with Team 7 was the arc with Jugo, and that was only so Sumire could join the scientific weapons team.

Denki and Iwabe got screwed over.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

I can agree. My Little Shinobi: Friendship is Magic gets grating after a while. All the episode lacked was Ibiki going "All according to plan!" on the cliché-o-meter.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
*looks at the number of war criminals Naruto managed to redeem with the power of friendship*

Naruto really did save the world of Shinobi, now the Youth are embracing his philosophy.

You love to see it.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Yes, but the Talk-no-Jutsu was interspersed with copious amounts of rear end-beatings. I miss the rear end-beatings.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Caught up on the last year or so of this anime and it's still pretty good I'd say. Bit hit and miss, but largely good.
Mitsuki retrieval arc was a lot closer to what the sasuke retrieval arc should have been.
Mirai & Friends in Steamland, Family Day, Saving Private Shukaku and Back to the Future arcs were all really good, but Cursed Birds and Konohamaru & His Waifu arcs kinda sucked and felt like mediocre filler.

I still loving hate how boruto has his weird rear end (future seeing?) eye when he could've just had byakugan like a normal person.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

rndmnmbr posted:

Yes, but the Talk-no-Jutsu was interspersed with copious amounts of rear end-beatings. I miss the rear end-beatings.

That, or straight up death.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

New Manga Chapter:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-chapter-42/chapter/19809?action=read

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Big fan of Kawaki's plan being use the Sharingan and figure it out Sarada.

I was surprisingly hype for Chidori.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

I made the terrible mistake of checking the Boruto reddit for the latest manga link, and hoo boy, that part of the internet is salty as gently caress that Sarada might know one of her dad's jutsu.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

rndmnmbr posted:

I made the terrible mistake of checking the Boruto reddit for the latest manga link, and hoo boy, that part of the internet is salty as gently caress that Sarada might know one of her dad's jutsu.

What? Why would anyone be salty about that? I thought the show/manga made it clear that kids inherit jutsus from both parents?

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Because it wasn't explicitly shown Sasuke taught Sarada that jutsu/she's had two upgrades pulled out of her rear end in the past couple of chapters while Bort just got beat up/general misogyny. I didn't care to investigate further.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
After Naruto ended I've been dipping in and out of Boruto, and it seems surprisingly self-sustaining. I'm old-man-comfortable with 12 year olds absorbing this like I did Naruto in US Shonen Jump.

That said, I feel obligated to old-man-yells-at-cloud over the huge Power Level creep. Did Kishimoto's successors debate this at all? Because it looks like their major inspiration was the end of the Shinobi War and especially the Kaguya garbage. I'm not a mangaka but it seems like the easier and more interesting direction would be to scale things back from the point where new Kage-breaking powers were introduced every issue.

After writing that I see that I'm probably out of touch. I'll leave fellow 30-something Goons with the best song they wove into the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyhpwyrq1N0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCLBz7D9FSE

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Analytic Engine posted:

After Naruto ended I've been dipping in and out of Boruto, and it seems surprisingly self-sustaining. I'm old-man-comfortable with 12 year olds absorbing this like I did Naruto in US Shonen Jump.

That said, I feel obligated to old-man-yells-at-cloud over the huge Power Level creep. Did Kishimoto's successors debate this at all? Because it looks like their major inspiration was the end of the Shinobi War and especially the Kaguya garbage. I'm not a mangaka but it seems like the easier and more interesting direction would be to scale things back from the point where new Kage-breaking powers were introduced every issue.

After writing that I see that I'm probably out of touch. I'll leave fellow 30-something Goons with the best song they wove into the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyhpwyrq1N0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCLBz7D9FSE

That's the biggest problem yes. The end of Naruto had huge power creep, then Boruto started and they really toned things back down in the beginning. Unfortunately we're well back at the level of infinitely regenerating enemies, body hacks, big gently caress off Kamehameha's etc.

It's a really shame because, while the manga is hideous to look at, it's had some real good fights using strategy.

Hypocrisy posted:

Big fan of Kawaki's plan being use the Sharingan and figure it out Sarada.

I was surprisingly hype for Chidori.

Ditto. Seeing Sarada be more then a miniskirt makes me happy. :)

Thoren
May 28, 2008
This chapter has virtually no backgrounds. It's almost all action lines and vague rocks.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

rndmnmbr posted:

Because it wasn't explicitly shown Sasuke taught Sarada that jutsu/she's had two upgrades pulled out of her rear end in the past couple of chapters while Bort just got beat up/general misogyny. I didn't care to investigate further.

But didn't Sasuke himself learn chidori in a flashback during his fight with Gaara where all that was shown was Kakashi showing it to him once?

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Mymla posted:

But didn't Sasuke himself learn chidori in a flashback during his fight with Gaara where all that was shown was Kakashi showing it to him once?

Listen, it's that part of the internet. If you are looking for logical, sensible reasons for their foaming-mouth hatred of something, you will be disappointed.

Personally, I would have preferred Sarada with the Rasengan and Bort with the Chidori, but whatever, I'm hype for this too.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Thoren posted:

This chapter has virtually no backgrounds. It's almost all action lines and vague rocks.

Ikemoto has vastly improved his art in most areas and his action panels translate well to me.

This fight has been awesome; very old school Naruto vibes and not just hurling nukes.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It's kind of nice to remember that Sarada, at least in theory, is stupid powerful and will only get more that way with time.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

The day she gets her mangekyo sharingan will be a dark day indeed.

The day she gets her dad's eyes will be even loving worse.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Can't wait for Sarada to murder Sakura in order to unlock her true potential.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Mymla posted:

Better point there. Isn't Chidori someone else's technique?

Why would anyone get upset that chapter was old school naruto as gently caress including the cast getting ragdolled.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

Isn't Chidori someone else's technique?

Kakashi's only original jutsu.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

rndmnmbr posted:

Kakashi's only original jutsu.

First original jutsu, Shiden is what he developed it into and uses now that he doesn't have a sharingan anymore.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Smh imaging comparing Kakashi's Raikiri to the scrub tier Chidori.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So this new arc is basically Blood Prison 2.0? Though I suppose at least this time Boruto and the others were actually told about the plan beforehand.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Does Mitsuki jutsu up a snake when he needs one, or is he just the kind of guy who likes to keep random snakes he found and tamed up his sleeves?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

rndmnmbr posted:

Does Mitsuki jutsu up a snake when he needs one, or is he just the kind of guy who likes to keep random snakes he found and tamed up his sleeves?

He's like Shino, but with snakes.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I kind of assume he is snakes. Lord knows we've seen enough of the "body made of snakes" out of Orochimaru.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
you know how everyone has infinite kunai and shuriken? mitsuki has that for snakes

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
snakes are a basic element of this world, like fire and water.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
So they're still going with Grass operating the prison out in the sea. Weird.

While I guess some form of the Blood Prison movie might have happened, it must be in some weird fourth tier canon form.

I was really hoping for a lot of D list tier cameos from all the surviving Naruto filler villains.

Teek fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jan 28, 2020

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

It's dumb, but...

"Sakura would like to publicly announce she is having none of her husband's poo poo today."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

rndmnmbr posted:

It's dumb, but...

"Sakura would like to publicly announce she is having none of her husband's poo poo today."

I would like to know more about whatever the gently caress is going on here