Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

:bisonyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

:nono:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

:hmmyes:

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

:nyd:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

:mmmhmm:

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

:homebrew:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

:bubblewoop:

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Syenite posted:

Would love to be able to post threads without awkwardly switching to my browser, logging in again, and navigating the desktop version.

Cool

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

new threads are overrated

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Syenite posted:

Would love to be able to post threads without awkwardly switching to my browser, logging in again, and navigating the desktop version.

It's coming in the rewrite of Awful 2.0. Stay tuned. It just needs to get prioritized in the backlog

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

baka kaba posted:

Ok I see the report now - is your webview updated? That's where the crash is coming from

Not only up to date, but it turns out I'm a beta tester. No idea how that happened. Should I try going back to non-beta?

E: I went ahead and switched it and that fixed it. :woop:

Hipster_Doofus fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jan 22, 2020

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Are gang tags visible using the app?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

nah all the "extra" stuff in the av section is pretty random, there's no consistent structure to it, so it's just ignored unfortunately. Plus someone would need to think of a good way to display it in our horizontal layout

Hipster_Doofus posted:

Not only up to date, but it turns out I'm a beta tester. No idea how that happened. Should I try going back to non-beta?

E: I went ahead and switched it and that fixed it. :woop:

frickin
webview
(and chrome)

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Oh god no thank you on seeing Gang Tags

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

vyst posted:

Oh god no thank you on seeing Gang Tags

I'd love for them to be there when you expand the post header but there's no way in hell to fit them all in the collapsed layout.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but it would be nice if there was a way to see the entire thread title.

I Can't Believe it's Not ... what? Butter? Dio? A midlife crisis? The world may never know.

Edit: Oh, you can slide the title. Still, would be nice to have an option to resize the font size based on thread title.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

I'm noticing you can't touch YouTube embeds anymore without having them start playing. Like even if it's clearly part of a swipe to scroll up/down movement.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Flipperwaldt posted:

I'm noticing you can't touch YouTube embeds anymore without having them start playing. Like even if it's clearly part of a swipe to scroll up/down movement.

Yeah, this started happening today and is pretty annoying.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Yeah it's the worst :whitewater:

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
I hadn't noticed that until just now but I'm guessing it's due to the webview/chrome update from a few days ago. Awful hasn't updated recently.

E: it only seems to happen on unread posts for me. Once the post is marked as read I can only get it to start playing the embed by tapping directly on it as usual. Pixel 3a

Gadzuko fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jan 28, 2020

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

I want to speak to google's manager!

Edit: that actually seems to have helped wtf

Flipperwaldt fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jan 28, 2020

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

So, yeah, thanks for fixing this so promptly guys :stonkhat:

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred
Likewise getting the video autoplay issue on a Xiaomi mi5s.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

It seemed to have been fixed yesterday but now it's happening again.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Taeke posted:

It seemed to have been fixed yesterday but now it's happening again.
Yeah, same.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

From the iOS App thread

Diabolik900 posted:

People have also been posting about it in the thread for the Android Awful app. YouTube must have changed how embeds work.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

yeah they're aggressively stealing focus from drags, gotta get them views!!

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

I'd be happy enough disabling embedding if the app could fetch the video titles, but I assume that would involve each user entering their own api key like what happened with the greasemonkey for that.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Would there be an easy (and/or straightforward) way for the app to include the polls that are in some posts, or at least an indicator that voting is present? I mostly use the app and am often surprised when I use a browser and find that there's a vote going on. Yeah, it's often just a joke poll, but I've definitely missed some that were legitimate where I assumed the thread was just more casually discussing the topic at hand.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

It's on the list but nobody's got around to developing it and making a UI and all that

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Flipperwaldt posted:

Cool, glad to see this isn't just me. I'll turn off embeds until this is fixed I think.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Memento posted:

Not sure if it's intended behaviour or has been brought up before, but the Android app automatically embeds Instagram posts regardless of an :nws: in the post. Current page of the Tasteless Tattoos thread in PYF as an example (contains cartoon nudity in case you wanted to check it out).

oh apologies to this fine poster - apparently there is some nws text detection, but I think it's only running on tweets? so yeah maybe that can be extended to the instas too

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

YouTube embeds seem to be working normally again, for those of you who turned off embeds.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Did you change how Twitter embeds look?

Just want to say I like the new style.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

nah embeds are the sites' own scripts - all praise/blame goes to them :hai:

ostesaks
Apr 4, 2002

snuten kommer
Thanks for this app!

The new fast food forum is still not accessible, am I doing anything wrong or Will it be added later?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ostesaks posted:

Thanks for this app!

The new fast food forum is still not accessible, am I doing anything wrong or Will it be added later?

If it's not in the list, go to Settings -> Forum index -> Force a forum update

ostesaks
Apr 4, 2002

snuten kommer
Thanks!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Daztek posted:

If it's not in the list, go to Settings -> Forum index -> Force a forum update
......Good to know

I've been using bookmarks to get to not-yet-listed forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
There's also a link in Announcements.