Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

bike tory posted:

I think they were talking about who the character portraits were based off in BG2, not about personalities.

Yeah, Tori Spelling and Brendan Fraser might be a bit of a stretch, but as for Ranger "Valygar Corthala"...

With their next game NeverWinter Nights they ended up having to replace a couple portraits in a patch, because apparently they didn't own the rights to the photos they were copying. Which means that this was a common thing?
https://nwn.fandom.com/wiki/Portrait#Changed_portraits

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 20:15 on Jan 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

Yeah, Tori Spelling and Brendan Fraser might be a bit of a stretch, but as for Ranger "Valygar Corthala"...

With their next game NeverWinter Nights they ended up having to edit a couple portraits, because apparently they didn't own the rights to the photos they were copying. Which means that this was a common thing?
https://nwn.fandom.com/wiki/Portrait#Changed_portraits

Lol

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Character art by Greg Land

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

Fallouts are set in the Forgotten Realms. Tiax was the first Tunnel Snake. Change my mind.

now i really wish there was a mutant version of Minsc with Boo growing out of his head

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dungeon Ecology posted:

now i really wish there was a mutant version of Minsc with Boo growing out of his head

I'm V.A.T.S. you always go for the eyes. Coincidence!?!?!?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Fallouts are set in the Forgotten Realms. Tiax was the first Tunnel Snake. Change my mind.

I could have sworn that I read in the 1st or 2nd edition campaign setting for the realms that the background info section on the planet (Aber-Toril) has some sort of weird electromagnetic field that makes electronics useless there.

So that no matter what, their society could never really advance beyond early 20th century Earth, even if all the magic disappeared.

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Jerry Cotton posted:

Tiax didnt want to travel the Realms giving everyone fantastic haircuts so no good :colbert:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BillyC posted:

Tiax didnt want to travel the Realms giving everyone fantastic haircuts so no good :colbert:

Yeah but what DID he do?

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Mierenneuker posted:

I see Ludacris

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I've been thinking a lot about rewatching Three Kingdoms lately and those memes are really pushing me there. Cao Cao is so good.

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

Bread Liar

Jerry Cotton posted:

Yeah but what DID he do?

Stood around beregost for awhile then died to ankhegs if i remember right

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BillyC posted:

Stood around beregost for awhile then died to ankhegs if i remember right

Oh you never beat the game lmao

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Tenkaris posted:

I see Ludacris

100% Steven A. Smith

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

Bread Liar

Jerry Cotton posted:

Oh you never beat the game lmao

Its been a long time in all fairness but i dont remember anything about tiax at the end of bg1, what does he do?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

wizzardstaff posted:

Either the ranger Vin Diesel reference is Minsc in which case you're totally off base, or it's a character I've completely forgotten in which case your point is proven.

Naw, Minsc is straight Peter Delouise in his Seaquest makeup.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BillyC posted:

Its been a long time in all fairness but i dont remember anything about tiax at the end of bg1, what does he do?

https://youtu.be/IlvxKEP38ds

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

Bread Liar

Oh, didnt even think about the credits lmao, touché

content

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Woman Bothering Dining Room Cat just COMPLETELY replaced American Choppers Argument in format; it's more fun to look at and it encourages the sort of succinct phrasing that makes memes go down like a peanut-buttered pill

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

you can't see it but the flashback from this has made me collapse on the ground, weeping uncontrollably. my wife is writing this post for me.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

The illithid are a metaphor for the professional-managerial class

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Brown hair kid seems cool.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

BillyC posted:

Oh, didnt even think about the credits lmao, touché

content

This works surprisingly well because according to the latest lore dumps the political and economic reality of Baldur's Gate is so corrupt and exploitative, the lower classes have spontaneously developed unions and class consciousness. There's even an anarcho-communist gang of gnome artists that are stockpiling gunpowder for something.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

the virgin blonde vs the chad brunette

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

That last one is good, but I don't think it counts as science diagrams that look like shitposting.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Heath posted:

Brown hair kid seems cool.

Turn on youre monitor :kiddo:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Code Jockey posted:

Turn on youre monitor :kiddo:

I needed that boost today, thank you.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

So Caesar was the highschool QB with a big ttity goth gf???

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Yestermoment posted:

From what I understand the Goths were no friend of Rome

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
In latin it was pronounced tiddy

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hittites were total jocks

Milo and POTUS posted:

In latin it was pronounced tiddy

“LXIX“
“Bene”

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Yestermoment posted:

Yeah, but ultimately she was too into snakes.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Yestermoment posted:

absolutely the case.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

zoux posted:

“Benis”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted: