Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ashpanash posted:

Discovery needs to have writers who are trying to write Star Trek instead of trying to write whatever the "prestige" version of Star Trek is. Then let the production take care of itself, because it's already proved itself.

This is my issue. Its called "Discovery" but it feels like of all the ST series its the least about discovery. Instead its some space Game of Thrones stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Star Trek : Ruthless Aggression!!!

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I remember really liking Enterprise season 3

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

And Crazy Rich Asians, and Kung-Fu Panda 2, and Sunshine. Saying you've only seen her in Tomorrow Never Dies is kinda like saying you've only seen Patrick Stewart in Masterminds and you're baffled by why people like him so much.

This is literally why I asked thank you

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013
Recommending Michelle Yeoh movies and only including western movies ought to be a crime against humanity. Her Hong Kong movies are where she really gets to shine. Check out:

Police Story 3
In The Line Of Duty/Royal Warriors
In The Line Of Duty 2/Yes Madam
Wing Chun
Tai-Chi Master
Magnificent Warriors

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Star Trek: Discover What's Gonna Make Michael Burnham Start Crying This Time

Discovery's very best moments are in the rare occasions when it forgets that it's trying too hard to be a prestige drama.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Abalone Malone posted:

This has to be the Klingon Series...

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Holy Bajoran moley - 5 pages, Picard hasn't even aired yet and the previous thread's Disco whines are being restated reposted and regurgitated at warp 11. I got a bad feeling about this thread.

Pastamania posted:

Picard, like Disco, is orange-and-teal as fuuuuck.

The ship interior is. (And it's a nice change from the Enterprise's corporate reception area look). Makes for a good contrast when they are eg planetside with a different colour pallet.
Picard looks like it will have similar colour schemes for various settings.

Drone posted:

Star Trek: Discover What's Gonna Make Michael Burnham Start Crying This Time

Peachfart posted:

I will start watching it when it stops sucking. Maybe Picard will be good but I seriously doubt it.

I will stop watching it when it starts sucking. Maybe Picard will be bad but I seriously doubt it.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jan 22, 2020

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I know I certainly love it when people come into a thread in one of the only decent places to talk about Star Trek on the internet and declare previous pages worth of interactions whining while contributing nothing themselves but lovely jpgs and gifs! I think it'll be just fine with or without you.

Oh and Teal and Orange as a thing were overused and played out by 2010 at the latest, it's by no means a dealbreaker but lol @ it being "refreshing" to see it turn up anywhere now.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Abalone Malone posted:

KILL GEORDI! :black101:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Binary Logic posted:

Holy Bajoran moley - 5 pages, Picard hasn't even aired yet and the previous thread's Disco whines are being restated reposted and regurgitated at warp 11.

Maybe the broad consensus indicates they're valid points of complaint rather than whining, then.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I hope Geordi got laid with a real girl by now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You guys

Tomorrow is Captain Picard day.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Croatoan posted:

I hope Geordi got laid with a real girl by now.

The way tech went in post-TNG stuff he could probably have just legally married his holowaifu

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

skasion posted:

The way tech went in post-TNG stuff he could probably have just legally married his holowaifu

According to All Good Things he actually married Leah Brahms, so either she got divorced or her old husband died... or Geordi really did marry Holobrahms and everyone is pretending she's real to humour him :tinfoil:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nine-gear crow posted:

According to All Good Things he actually married Leah Brahms, so either she got divorced or her old husband died... or Geordi really did marry Holobrahms and everyone is pretending she's real to humour him :tinfoil:

Maybe they uncoupled the heizenberg compensators and HoloBrahms walked off the holodeck?

Family reunions are probably awkward.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr555KUaDes

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dunno if this is widely known so I'll put it in spoilers but Hugh is going to be in it. Picard switching into Locutus mode to interrogate Hugh and figure out what's his deal is one of my favorite scenes in TNG, the whole episode is great, classic moral-dilemma Trek so I'm excited to see what he's been up to

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

nine-gear crow posted:

I sure hope Picard has an episode over whether it’s ethical for a hologram deepfake sex doll of a real person to exist, or whether it’s murder to turn her off

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

zoux posted:

Dunno if this is widely known so I'll put it in spoilers but Hugh is going to be in it. Picard switching into Locutus mode to interrogate Hugh and figure out what's his deal is one of my favorite scenes in TNG, the whole episode is great, classic moral-dilemma Trek so I'm excited to see what he's been up to

Yeah, his return was one of the first things to be announced about this show.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Do NOT bring back Vash however please

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Bring back Mr. Mot.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gotta keep that dome on gleam

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Personally I'm very excited about the return of The Outrageous Okona.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Picard gets whisked away to a purely monochrome dimension, sitting in a comfy chair across from a being giving him cryptic, albeit backwards, advice.

It’s Mr. Homm.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Picard is "haunted" by Boothby, who actually lives in a orange candle he keeps by his bed.

Also boothby fucks him

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

marktheando posted:

Personally I'm very excited about the return of The Outrageous Okona.

I want to see the greatest holo-character in ST history come back, no not Moriarty, no not Vic, that's right - Joe Piscopo

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Aight CBS, I know you're super hot for new series ideas, so here's my pitch.

You know Firefly? Okay, do that, but instead make the main cast The Outrageous Okona, Jerry Hardin's Mark Twain from "Time's Arrow", Mr. Mot, and Holodeck Stephen Hawking.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Good news, they’re bringing back Leland T Lynch

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

zoux posted:

This is why although we haven't seen him in the trailers I assume Geordi will show up? Right? idk

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

ashpanash posted:

Picard is "haunted" by Boothby, who actually lives in a orange candle he keeps by his bed.

Also boothby fucks him

Every episode starts with Picard waking up in the morning with no idea where it'll be or with whom. With Boothby's ghost? With Q? With his wife in the Nexus? The future with no memory of the intervening years? On Ressik, randomly, one morning? Regardless, at least half an hour is spent just on Picard attempting to return to the central conflict.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Drone posted:

Aight CBS, I know you're super hot for new series ideas, so here's my pitch.

You know Firefly? Okay, do that, but instead make the main cast The Outrageous Okona, Jerry Hardin's Mark Twain from "Time's Arrow", Mr. Mot, and Holodeck Stephen Hawking.

Oh drat, and that southern good-ol'-boy from the 20th century that they unfroze in "The Neutral Zone"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Croatoan posted:

This is why although we haven't seen him in the trailers I assume Geordi will show up? Right? idk
If he does appear there have been no leaks about it yet

Although someone found a while back that Michael Dorn was on the Picard set at some point. Just no confirmation he is actually on the show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's no way the entire TNG cast doesn't pop in at some point. Frakes is directing several episodes and hinted he'd show up again. Everyone will come home, even if it's just for a moment.

Except Wesley, nobody wants to see him.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

FlamingLiberal posted:

If he does appear there have been no leaks about it yet

Although someone found a while back that Michael Dorn was on the Picard set at some point. Just no confirmation he is actually on the show.

Dorn baked his special cornbread muffins he calls "Dorncakes" as a good luck gesture

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I hope Gates McFadden shows up. He's the best twitter follow. She's become a super sweet grandma. Just a month ago she had surgery for a seperated collar bone and posted while high AF on painkillers and it was just the absolute best.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Croatoan posted:

I hope Gates McFadden shows up. He's the best twitter follow. She's become a super sweet grandma. Just a month ago she had surgery for a seperated collar bone and posted while high AF on painkillers and it was just the absolute best.

I had the biggest crush on her when I was a kid. When I met the cast about 6 years back I started stammering and I could barely get a sentence out.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

John de Lancie as an old-rear end version of Q is gonna be an interesting shoehorn.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Drone posted:

Bring back Mr. Mot.

He's already the star of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Drone posted:

John de Lancie as an old-rear end version of Q is gonna be an interesting shoehorn.

That's easy, you just have him "aged" to mock Picard.

Data is the harder one, dude looks like they pumped his face full of saline.