Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dementropy posted:

:reddit:
The likely real reason your sub is closed is because there is some panic level steam cleaning going on behind the scenes because there are a lot of memes and threads discussing the matter and CryTek begging the court for a dismissal wasn't ever on you guys even most remote chance of an outcome.

Yes, yes, exactly... this must be the reason, no other reason possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scruffpuff posted:

It's all theory; that's what kills me every time. A few handfuls of "what CIG said" which means less than nothing, and the rest is what they imagine. This is in every gaming genre, but it seems it's much more out of control in space games. Every time a space game is in development (or CIG's equivalent) the forums are filled to the brim with the exact same bullshit. The Jumpgate forums were absolutely full of this crap, and that was right up until, and slightly past, they killed the game. They weren't even close to a game (although still farther along than CIG) and it was post after post of how things would "work" regarding nonexistent systems.

IF any part of this shitshow ever sees daylight, it's going to be a nonstop ideological war between the people playing "right" (which means people who are playing the game within their mental boundaries of how it should work, like little girls playing house with their dolls) and those playing the game they're sitting in front of (which means they're going to learn the reality of the system and game it where possible.)

That ecosystem has played out countless times over the years, and the story never changes. The second group entirely dominates the first group, the first group bitches to the developers to make changes to the game code to make sure things swing their way because they're playing "right," the result is the game getting worse and worse until it's a loving joyless slog. The second group moves onto something fun, and the first group festers in the decaying remains for a few years. First they rejoice that the other group left, then they bitch that the game sucks now and the second group ruined it, then they go scouring the web for their new promised land, where the cycle will repeat.

There is literally no angle to approach Star Citizen from that isn't a vector on the path to failure.

I would point out that while I agree, being nice to purely the second group is a way to hell as well. You need to cater to both groups.

In a way, perfect MMO game (including space MMOs) is the one where everyone is equally unhappy. In this regard, I think EVE and Elite are pretty solid games.

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Dementropy posted:

The likely real reason your sub is closed is because there is some panic level steam cleaning going on behind the scenes because there are a lot of memes and threads discussing the matter and CryTek begging the court for a dismissal wasn't ever on you guys even most remote chance of an outcome.

Quick, bring up the paywall and steam clean this thread as well!

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Gothsheep posted:

Star Citizen Kill On Sight list:

Doors
That anti-air truck (Stay outside of 2km while killing)
Vic's Mom (Uncredited)
Anybody with an open box on their ship
Gary Oldman's huge lips

I'm still kind of new to the garbage fire. Am I forgetting anyone?

Yay! I'm off the list!

Are we still talking about StarCitizen? Who's going to be the first to respond to me with a question asking if I get to play my game yet or whether I dropped more money into this dumpster fire?

XoXo

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all

ManofManyAliases posted:

Yay! I'm off the list!

Are we still talking about StarCitizen? Who's going to be the first to respond to me with a question asking if I get to play my game yet or whether I dropped more money into this dumpster fire?

XoXo

Where is Squadron 42? (Technically not asking about Star Citizen!)

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

It is 54.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

Yay! I'm off the list!

XoXo

ManofManyAliases posted:

-We're going to see 3.0 release much earlier than "mid-year."
-SQ42 will, at the very least, have a level (or few levels) drop this year. Though, I'm optimistic for a full release before end-of-year.
-Certain evocati will begin testing 3.0 very, very soon.

Quote the poo poo out of this if you want.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ManofManyAliases posted:

Yay! I'm off the list!

XoXo

Well, i think there is one question that we would all like answering.

Are you Toast?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

:reddit: posted:

Ok, so :
  • starcitizen_refunds has banned every single one of us (and it's now set to private)
  • SA has a $10 price, and we could (and would) get banned for any reason, and besides you know we want nothing to do with that dumpsterfire
  • When I created an account on Twitter, you all called me a "social media stalker" so I apparently wasn't welcome there either

We (and all star citizen fans) are always posting in public forums, you guys are not. You're the ones who consistently retreat to safe spaces whenever someone says something that your ego can't stand. I still remember that time that Beet_Wagon got so mad at a moderator on Reddit, he insulted him in a comment on SA instead! What a loving ballsy move that was. Woweee

Remind me again, what's it called when someone does something and then just say that other people does that thing instead? Something beginning with the letter Pee

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Yay! I'm off the list!

XoXo

Ask the old MoMa how his belt is doing

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

He writes me the sweetest messages doesn't he?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lol I had forgotten that they tried to get me in trouble for calling someone on reddit a dumbass here.

Amazing

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

Lol I had forgotten that they tried to get me in trouble for calling someone on reddit a dumbass here.

Amazing

My drama thread, that nobody can read anymore, had an entry on that. :mad:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
I am sure they spent much more than :10bux: on that pre-alpha non-game, why is price suddenly an issue?

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Man, I just checked the quote's origin date (and 3.0 evocati and release dates) and this is the best stuff ever, thanks~

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I believe it's called "Peeing on Citizens' dreams," but could be wrong, of course.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Scruffpuff posted:

then they bitch that the game sucks now and the second group ruined it, then they go scouring the web for their new promised land, where the cycle will repeat.

:five::five::five::five::five:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

SabinBlitz posted:

Where is Squadron 42? (Technically not asking about Star Citizen!)

Waiting to release after CryTek withdraws.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Agony Aunt posted:

Well, i think there is one question that we would all like answering.

Are you Toast?

Only if I upset the GF.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Yay! I'm off the list!

XoXo

Mo-mo-mo-mo-MoMA.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

YOUTUBE: Montoya dunks on the Refundians, DaGaimez, and Star Citizen Centrists, “There is no middle ground.”

At this point, the middle ground is “Star Citizen is a scam” and the debate is whether it’s by incompetence or design.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

G0RF posted:

Mo-mo-mo-mo-MoMA.

"He sits in wait for months at at time,
watching a forum in a slow decline.

That MoMA.
M-O-M-A MoMaaaaaaa."

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Dementropy posted:

I am always amused how obsessed an average redditor is with posting history. I remember one of our reddit friends claiming once they were "never wrong" because they ran a script that deleted post history more than a couple of months old. :psyduck:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

My drama thread, that nobody can read anymore, had an entry on that. :mad:

This one?

It's readable for anyone who has archives, nerd.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

"He sits in wait for months at at time,
watching a forum in a slow decline.

That MoMA.
M-O-M-A MoMaaaaaaa."

The decline was a lot faster than you think. 2019. Chris went into hiding, Sandi bugged out, and Erin is too busy fast-tracking a heart attack to show his face. Only Lando remains, logging pointless weekly dialogues with sound designers and lore dudes because almost nobody important wants to go on camera anymore.

It’s a time of famine. With all the clowns gone, it could be awhile before the next big face plant. (Or maybe Squadron releases Q4 to wide critical acclaim and colossal success and we declare defeat and scatter to the winds...)

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Bofast posted:

Rather off-topic but RIP Terry Jones. :(

Indeed :rip: good sir and funny man

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

G0RF posted:

The decline was a lot faster than you think. 2019. Chris went into hiding, Sandi bugged out, and Erin is too busy fast-tracking a heart attack to show his face. Only Lando remains, logging pointless weekly dialogues with sound designers and lore dudes because almost nobody important wants to go on camera anymore.

It’s a time of famine. With all the clowns gone, it could be awhile before the next big face plant. (Or maybe Squadron releases Q4 to wide critical acclaim and colossal success and we declare defeat and scatter to the winds...)

I think moma is talking about SA being in 'slow decline' which is incorrect because as we all know SA has been dead for years.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

YOUTUBE: Montoya dunks on the Refundians, DaGaimez, and Star Citizen Centrists, “There is no middle ground.”

At this point, the middle ground is “Star Citizen is a scam” and the debate is whether it’s by incompetence or design.

Imagine being so triggered you make a 14 minute YouTube video about a Reddit post

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

his nibs posted:

Imagine being so triggered you make a 14 minute YouTube video about a Reddit post

I mean that's the dude who immediately took to the internet to call it a false flag when some citizen threatened to rape that youtube guy's daughter because he made a video saying star citizen is bad so...

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

I think moma is talking about SA being in 'slow decline' which is incorrect because as we all know SA has been dead for years.

Exaaaaaaactly.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

G0RF posted:

Exaaaaaaactly.

Oh gently caress lol I absolutely 100% missed the last bit of your post and interpreted it as talking about CIG's decline, not ours.

My bad, I'm dumb as hell

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

After all this time moma still hasn't showed us a single minute of him playing SC and having fun.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

This one?

Yep. Most folks don't have archives. Nerd?

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all

ManofManyAliases posted:

Waiting to release after CryTek withdraws.

He got me. I am finished. Please give me a lifetime ban for the smack down of justice that was laid upon me but only when Squadron 42 releases.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I smell burnt toast.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

This one?

shitlord

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

Yep. Most folks don't have archives. Nerd?

You have to be VERY online for that.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Beet Wagon posted:

This one?

What's archives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

This one?

I have archives and can't see it

have I been Star Citizen'ed