Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I have an entirely self sufficient ancient fruit farm and it's great. I haven't seen Pierre in years.

I still buy star fruit seeds from Sandy to grow in the greenhouse, though. I feel like she needs the business, living in the desert sucks.

I assume, once you have the greenhouse, building an ancient fruit farm is just: growing some, turning them into seeds, growing more, repeat ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falathrim
May 7, 2007

I could shoot someone if it would make you feel better.
I decided to pick up the game and replace my brick-turned-wood flooring with stone. Not as pretty, but it'll do until the game is patched. Played a few more weeks and found the Solid Gold Lewis. Very specifically and deliberately placed it in town, somewhere all the maps demonstrate as having no villager pathing.

Statue just up and vanished anyway.

I think this game hates me.

Falathrim fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jan 22, 2020

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Falathrim posted:

I decided to pick up the game and replace my [strike]brick[/strike] wood flooring with stone. Not as pretty, but it'll do until the game is patched. Played a few more weeks and found the Solid Gold Lewis. Very specifically and deliberately placed it in town, somewhere all the maps demonstrate as having no villager pathing.

Doesn't he steal it from you and send you a nasty letter if you leave it in public? Or did I just invent that?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Falathrim posted:

I decided to pick up the game and replace my [strike]brick[/strike] wood flooring with stone. Not as pretty, but it'll do until the game is patched. Played a few more weeks and found the Solid Gold Lewis. Very specifically and deliberately placed it in town, somewhere all the maps demonstrate as having no villager pathing.

Did you get a letter in the mail?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

This is obviously not applicable to how most people play the game but speedruns prefer to sell to Pierre because the points where you need to spend money are the times you visit Pierre anyways, and the cutscene showing you all the money you got from shipping bin for a day takes like 10 seconds and doesn't show up if you never ship an item.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Doesn't he steal it from you and send you a nasty letter if you leave it in public? Or did I just invent that?

Yeah. Then it will appear in either his home or Marnie's home after that.

Falathrim
May 7, 2007

I could shoot someone if it would make you feel better.
Wanting the letter is why I left the statue in town. Didn't get it, statue wasn't replaced with a Rotten Plant, and it's in neither Lewis' nor Marnie's bedrooms.

It's a small thing and I'm addicted enough to keep playing, but the completionist in me is gonna be forever infuriated that I don't have that letter in my collections.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Speaking DLC where you make people's lives better, can I please get one where you dunk Lewis' head in a toilet and give him swirlies while repeating over and over that he's a moron and should just loving propose to Marnie, and when I finally let him up for air he agrees and does just that?

Thanks in advance CA.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

How do I get the animal bundle materials without buying animals?

Secret shop or bust?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

TURGID TOMFOOLERY posted:

How do I get the animal bundle materials without buying animals?

Secret shop or bust?

yup

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Sandy will sometimes give you a small milk. Everything else I think you need pig lady

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

ILL Machina posted:

I want a DLC where if I die in the mines there's a funeral ceremony and I can, a la soup day, choose one item to be buried with and take into the next life.

If you manage to die in the mines on the morning of the community luau and you only have friendship hearts with the wizard he should take your remains and put them in the soup. If you've been selling your produce to Pierre prior to this point then it results in him getting arrested since he probably bragged about how he personally grew/foraged all the ingredients that went into the soup. If you haven't sold Pierre anything then the community turns against Clint because he's the least socially networked causing him to get arrested instead.

This should also have an appropriate achievement involving a fava beans pun.

Fabulousity fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 22, 2020

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Fabulousity posted:

If you manage to die in the mines on the morning of the community luau and you only have friendship hearts with the wizard he should take your remains and put them in the soup. If you've been selling your produce to Pierre prior to this point then it results in him getting arrested since he probably bragged about how he personally grew/foraged all the ingredients that went into the soup. If you haven't sold Pierre anything then the community turns against Clint because he's the least socially networked causing him to get arrested instead.

This should also have an appropriate achievement involving a fava beans pun.

Yes.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

My wife says she needs/wants a harvest moon style animal festival.

In harvest moon they have life spans so they can only be entered a limited number of times. My argument was that found just submit the same maxed animal every year.

Either they should be dq'd after they win or can only be entered in certain age groups or something that limits the field to a non trivial comparison.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jan 22, 2020

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Nobody in town likes Pierre. Even his wife and daughter just sort of tolerate him. Like some days you'll find Caroline hanging out by the community garden and if you talk to her the first thing she says is "You know, I'm just going to focus on trying to think positive today." Clint is just kind of a sad sack in a similar vein to Shane, albeit with far less of an excuse for being so. If the town could collectively pin a crime on anybody, it'd be Pierre.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Pierre smokes mid

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Sydin posted:

Nobody in town likes Pierre. Even his wife and daughter just sort of tolerate him. Like some days you'll find Caroline hanging out by the community garden and if you talk to her the first thing she says is "You know, I'm just going to focus on trying to think positive today." Clint is just kind of a sad sack in a similar vein to Shane, albeit with far less of an excuse for being so. If the town could collectively pin a crime on anybody, it'd be Pierre.

He's got too much social capital, though. The town depends on him, for better or worse, until JoJa pushes him out for good. The witch hunt should target a person at random and maybe favor Clint/Pierre/Elliot for being anti social.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
In that case it would absolutely be Linus.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ILL Machina posted:

He's got too much social capital, though. The town depends on him, for better or worse, until JoJa pushes him out for good. The witch hunt should target a person at random and maybe favor Clint/Pierre/Elliot for being anti social.

Clint also has social capital too though, as the town blacksmith he's replied upon for repairs. Also, for as much as he complains about being lonely, the other townspeople have no problem hanging out with him and he actually appears fairly well connected socially. Gus could probably provide a solid alibi for the dude since he eats at the Stardew Saloon every night. Clint is, for all his flaws, an active and contributing member of the community and unlikely to be used as a scapegoat for any major crimes.

I also don't think Elliot would be targeted because, well, he's just too darn charming and likeable! Can you really picture that pretty boy writer who lives on the beach and hangs out at the library killing anyone? No way! He might not contribute to the town in the same way that Clint and Pierre do, but he's social and charismatic and is also accepted as part of the community.

The person who'd get the blame would need to be someone who's both socially inept and doesn't provide a useful service for the town. Someone like....

Sydin posted:

Oh yeah, Linus is absolutely the kind of person who'd be blamed for a small town murder. No job, no family ties, rarely speaks to anyone, keeps to himself in a creepy tent on the edge of town.... if a murder really did go down Linus would be lucky to even get a show trial before they hang him.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jan 23, 2020

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Sydin posted:

Then he goes all "First Blood" on the town.

ImperfectTense
Sep 12, 2017

Sydin posted:

NO! Not Linus, he's my buddy!!!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i would rather betray the whole town than have the town betray linus

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Coolguye posted:

Seconded

If the town tried any poo poo with Linus I would join him in calling down nature's wrath upon them

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Linus is ok but I really wish he didn’t wear a bag of leaves.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Linus is ok but I really wish he didn’t wear a bag of leaves.

He needs it for camouflage!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I would go Joja every time if it resulted in Pierre leaving town in shame and misery

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Coolguye posted:

:hai:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Poque posted:

Pierre you dick this doesn't even make sense

that's a lot ruder than the one I got, which was Abigail saying something like "We had one of those Parsnips you sold at the shop for dinner last night"

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
My only issue with linus is he doesnt like fish but does like sashimi.

That dichotomy makes me angry

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Psion posted:

that's a lot ruder than the one I got, which was Abigail saying something like "We had one of those Parsnips you sold at the shop for dinner last night"

They vary, some of the townsfolk can really poo poo on the fruits of your labor

But you can steal out of their garbage and feed it to their children so it evens out in the end

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Eric the Mauve posted:

I would go Joja every time if it resulted in Pierre leaving town in shame and misery

Caroline could move in with the wizard and Abigail could become his apprentice, everyone wins!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

ZeusCannon posted:

My only issue with linus is he doesnt like fish but does like sashimi.

That dichotomy makes me angry

Linus is also the source of the sashimi recipe

If you give him sashimi he knows you're using the knowledge he passed along to you, and that makes him happy

There, I fixed the dichotomy for you, now you can rest easy knowing that Linus is your cool druid bro and the best villager

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

ILL Machina posted:

My wife says she needs/wants a harvest moon style animal festival.

In harvest moon they have life spans so they can only be entered a limited number of times. My argument was that found just submit the same maxed animal every year.

Either they should be dq'd after they win or can only be entered in certain age groups or something that limits the field to a non trivial comparison.

The way they encouraged it in many of the harvest moon games is that after winning the festival, your animal would produce better produce. Because winning multiple festivals with the same animal didn't provide any better produce, you were best off rotating animals through the festivals.

That being said, I have a hard time actually playing beyond 1-3 years in any of the games, so it's not a mechanic that really impacts me.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Psion posted:

The best I got was Pierre telling me he fed a daffodil to his family for a special dinner, and it was not a hit.

Daffodils are toxic. :rip:

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Haifisch posted:

The best I got was Pierre telling me he fed a daffodil to his family for a special dinner, and it was not a hit.

Daffodils are toxic. :rip:

He knows that. :black101:

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Linus is also the source of the sashimi recipe

If you give him sashimi he knows you're using the knowledge he passed along to you, and that makes him happy

There, I fixed the dichotomy for you, now you can rest easy knowing that Linus is your cool druid bro and the best villager

But he should know im giving him fish to make sashimi!

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

ZeusCannon posted:

Look, he just doesn't want raw fish that isn't ready to eat! He really teaches you how to make it because he doesn't want to do it himself.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

ZeusCannon posted:

He wants to know you're willing to put in the work, dude, if you give someone eggs and flour they're not gonna go 'oh hey thanks for the cake'

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Add a Void Mayonnaise sometime

or Lewis' shorts

Oh nice. I will try the void mayo next year.

Poque posted:

Pierre you dick this doesn't even make sense

is there a mod that gives characters seasonal clothing? That's cool.

I would love it if you could start businesses and employ the citizens in them. Like start a bakery or something. Oh also I didn't realize that Beer and Pale Ale are different things. I figured people were just using that as the same thing. Guess I'll grow some wheat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

twistedmentat posted:

is there a mod that gives characters seasonal clothing? That's cool.

Yeah, someone linked it here and it's so good! I reposted it in a mod post earlier:

Poque posted:

Seasonal Villager Outfits (so happy that this made the rounds recently! It's wonderful.)

It might need StardewHack or SMAPI or both - click through to my post, it has those linked as well.