Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I was gonna say that said opinion didn't seem as dumb as the usual fare, but of loving course it turns out that it takes one to know one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Please don't doxx Darkstar

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Wasn't there a whole storyline where Harvey Wippleman kept dressing in drag to keep the women's title?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Wasn't there a whole storyline where Harvey Wippleman kept dressing in drag to keep the women's title?

yeah the whole angle lasted a month which was pretty concise for WWE.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
And wasn't James Ellsworth the winner of the first women's Money in the Bank match?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Don't forget Santina Marella :eng101:

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
Uhh I guess it was funny when Andy Kaufman did it 40 years ago

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Son of Man posted:

Uhh I guess it was funny when Andy Kaufman did it 40 years ago

He was the World Inter-Gender Champion, not the World Women's Champion.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

His skills knew no bounds, unlike my memory.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/ShootNameJustin/status/1219327361314742272

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

do not link to such fuckers they love any kind of attention

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/wrestlingbubble/status/1220177010481299456

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

With the exception of course of the WCW Bruise Cruise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GKnzG4xAsg

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jan 23, 2020

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

gently caress, where do you guys find these freaks? Why do these freaks want to gently caress Vince so bad?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that's really like the one main malignant freak

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yeah, that guy, Fray and VCR are like the Holy trinity of scummy bad faith "ironic" racist WWE fans that got retweeted into my timeline constantly by rovert.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yeah, that guy, Fray and VCR are like the Holy trinity of scummy bad faith "ironic" racist WWE fans that got retweeted into my timeline constantly by rovert.

i try not to get too worked up over those guys because they have to wake up every day and continue living the most miserable existence possible

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

where is the bad opinion

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hold up, we got tape of people chanting gently caress THAT BOAT and people are like "meh lame."

Yeah ok bud.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

an even larger percentage of hog wild/road wild crowds were white supremacists so the boat is way better even if they weren't way more into it too

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
no one even got in the pool with mjf

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

WatermelonGun posted:

where is the bad opinion

the part where he thinks the very cool concept of wrestling on a boat is lamer than wrestling at a gathering for a bunch of loser bikers

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

a cruise ship is basically just a hotel where you can't get takeout, call me when they wrestle on a train

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
wrestling in front of indifferent psychopaths is hallowed tradition

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Draxion posted:

a cruise ship is basically just a hotel where you can't get takeout, call me when they wrestle on a train

Didn't DDT do that?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Zeppelin wrestling or bust

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Xerzes posted:

Didn't DDT do that?

both them and Michinoku Pro did, yes

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Zeppelin wrestling or bust

Butcher already looks like the captain of a steampunk zeppelin so lets do it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dustin Rhodes once had a match with Blacktop Bully in the flatbed of a moving truck https://youtu.be/r77868CA-DE

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Lamuella posted:

Dustin Rhodes once had a match with Blacktop Bully in the flatbed of a moving truck https://youtu.be/r77868CA-DE

If the King of the Road match isn’t an arena in the AEW wrestling game, I’ll...well I’ll probably still buy it anyway but I would definitely feel as though there were a missed opportunity there

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Lamuella posted:

Didn't they both get fired for blading during such a stupid loving match?

You can even see that it was shot at all different times of the day if you pay attention to the sky.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Didn't they both get fired for blading during such a stupid loving match?

You can even see that it was shot at all different times of the day if you pay attention to the sky.

Holy poo poo, you're right. Which means that this match may have been ultimately responsible for Goldust.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lamuella posted:

Holy poo poo, you're right. Which means that this match may have been ultimately responsible for Goldust.

It really is one of the worst matches in history.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
This is my own dumb opinion but I like all the novelty arena matches as long as it's not done all the time. Hogg wild was creepy as gently caress to me because you're out in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of Nazis, but it was interesting to me to see a show out in the middle of a field.

Jericho said in his shoot that outdoor arenas suck because of the acoustics but they add something visually impressive. Mania 31 sucked overall but I thought the open air added mystique. I'm enjoying the smaller venues Dynamite is running because they look different.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The King of the Road match was one of those ideas that sounded better when you were facefirst on the coke tray

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

coconono posted:

The King of the Road match was one of those ideas that sounded better when you were facefirst on the coke tray

It would probably be way better now a days with the technological advancement making for better camera work. Still wouldn't have a crowd which hurts a lot, but there are ways around that. No way around a truck-bed being a lovely place to wrestle however.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They could have had a few party buses and pick-up trucks with people screaming driving alongside the tractor trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

They could have had a few party buses and pick-up trucks with people screaming driving alongside the tractor trailer.

or just park the fuckin thing and let people crowd around it like a travelling zoo.