Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Puppy Galaxy posted:

While I think the fyad situation was mishandled overall the reason these forums have survived and continued to be pretty good when compared to the rest of the internet is because rules have generally erred on the side of anti-bigotry. when that poo poo goes unchecked you get 4chan or KF or to a lesser extent the cumtown subreddit. I’d rather see posters eat a ban for posting “r*tard” than see this place devolve into an alt right shithole. (i don’t think that’s what actually was happening in fyad fwiw)

Dude, if you think that R-word should be worth getting a ban over you're full-on [BOOOOP]. It doesn't make us safer from bigots, it just censors a dumb joke that's meant to target the thread and ourselves.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Probably the most famous Moroder jam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2qI6UDD2uQ

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'm putting together an ordered list of slurs for when I finally decide to self-terminate from these forums, does anyone have anything for Eastern Mongolians? I'll add it to the excel doc.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Odddzy posted:

Dude, if you think that R-word should be worth getting a ban over you're full-on [BOOOOP]. It doesn't make us safer from bigots, it just censors a dumb joke that's meant to target the thread and ourselves.

i wonder how many people report it when lowtax posts the Slur Of Might like he did last month in qcs

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i wonder how many people report it when lowtax posts the Slur Of Might like he did last month in qcs

He writes it constantly and also is on record recently as saying he wouldn't give probes for it to anyone. Good job mods.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Mordja posted:

I'm putting together an ordered list of slurs for when I finally decide to self-terminate from these forums, does anyone have anything for Eastern Mongolians? I'll add it to the excel doc.

dang i can't think of any, you might have to go old school for that one

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Even if I don't agree with it at all and think it's a completely dumb reason to probe someone, y'all had to have known you were playing with fire by recreating an FYAD thread that the QCS back seat wannabe mods were currently throwing a tantrum over during the most volatile week the forums have ever seen.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
yeah a month was probably a bit much but it was very obvious what was going to happen

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
you must nevah respect a moderaytah

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Scionix posted:

you must nevah respect a moderaytah

rip

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
It's easy to expect a sixer, I don't mind that at all.

What we got instead was being lumped with nazis and a month long probe to "send a message" that probably didn't change anyones mind about anything. Hell, they just unperma'd Jack Daniels.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Something Awful, like all social media platforms, is full of people who love exerting ‘power’ over others, no matter how minuscule that flex could possibly be, because they are sad losers who love to ‘win’ because they treat all of life like some grand Good vs Evil video game instead of a cold and uncaring hellscape. Every 6’r they generate through the report button is a victory against their personal ‘other’.

Even if that ‘other’ is literally a member of the group they are trying to defend.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

You wanna know what NPR stands for

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Knowledge, Power, Respect

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Odddzy posted:

Hell, they just unperma'd Jack Daniels.
Who?

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
FYAD Mod that got permabanned when they closed FYAD.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
lmao i ate the month probe and i'm not mad who cares, i just kept posting on twitter instead

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Shipon posted:

lmao i ate the month probe and i'm not mad who cares, i just kept posting on twitter instead

Twitter is for stuff you want to say to the whole world -- I don't like that breadth.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

ngl it did make my previously ironic hatred for the mods real

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pharmaskittle posted:

ngl it did make my previously ironic hatred for the mods real

I didn't get angry until three weeks without posting. It was really frustrating. But what're you going to do? :shrug:

I try to be as zen/stoic about things as I can. (I'm not great at it, but I try.)

prefect fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jan 22, 2020

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
how bout The Excalislur and it's a word that's equally as offensive as the n-word, but can be used on anything, like the developmentally disabled or white people

wielding it makes you undefeatable in posting combat

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

how bout The Excalislur and it's a word that's equally as offensive as the n-word, but can be used on anything, like the developmentally disabled or white people

wielding it makes you undefeatable in posting combat

You have to be in blackface to pull it out of the rock

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Tony Blankleyyyyyy. do you know which song starts playing at about 30 minutes in that Stav thinks is fantasy related?

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
Just got home from my job teaching and respecting the disabled

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

You wanna know what NPR stands for

*highly suave french accent* Nice Penis... Ritaord*

*Direct quote of satirical work spelled as an onomatopoeia, overlords please do not probe

**What episode is that from

Pissed Ape Sexist fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jan 23, 2020

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
im just here for cum and cum-related discussions

CoolRanch
Apr 5, 2019
Meanwhile in the secret subreddit

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

CoolRanch posted:

this is actually loving hysterical

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
why is the door itself one of the funnier things in that pic

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

papa horny michael posted:

why is the door itself one of the funnier things in that pic

Because hes in some british hovel with 4 foot doors

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

My man's visiting Bilbo Baggins

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
omg ah hah hah

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Bust Rodd posted:

Something Awful, like all social media platforms, is full of people who love exerting ‘power’ over others, no matter how minuscule that flex could possibly be, because they are sad losers who love to ‘win’ because they treat all of life like some grand Good vs Evil video game instead of a cold and uncaring hellscape. Every 6’r they generate through the report button is a victory against their personal ‘other’.

Even if that ‘other’ is literally a member of the group they are trying to defend.

There was a lot of this when the old cum town thread caught the 30 days. Lot of androgynous cartoon type posters jeering over something they interpreted as personal victory over evil and ally type posters reporting posts and cheering as the probes queue.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CoolRanch posted:

I thought you said the subreddit was bad?!

scott zoloft posted:

There was a lot of this when the old cum town thread caught the 30 days. Lot of androgynous cartoon type posters jeering over something they interpreted as personal victory over evil and ally type posters reporting posts and cheering as the probes queue.
And then they all self-banned anyway lol.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I'm just sad the drama fizzled out so blandly An absolute letdown.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Also Stav thinks his dick doesnt work because he ate a steak Lmfao

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
lmao if you think a ban means anything anymore

10 years ago this was the first bookmark i went to when bored, now i just check once in a while to see if anyone has a picture of Stav in a funny hat, mods are all hillary fans

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Reddit sucks balls. gently caress that ogre, whatever he's standing on, and his 1900's vintage Santa Fe homunculus door

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Homeless Friend posted:

Also Stav thinks his dick doesnt work because he ate a steak Lmfao
it has nothing to do with weight at all. but telling him that it does, doesnt work either because women still gently caress him, so he doesnt bother to lose weight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Odddzy posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lool