Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

If anyone was wondering what it takes to ace the 403-2:

Also, I've been playing the VK-B, and the thing I dislike most about it is that reload. >13 seconds feels loving glacial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
From the videos I've seen, seems like the T9 mammoth tank is the gem of the line. The T10 is too sluggish.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

T9 is the best teir anyway so thats fine.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

T9 is the best teir anyway so thats fine.

Indeed it is. T10 MM is pure loving cancer.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
That would only be a First Class in the non-autoloader French tier 9 heavy tank.

That thing is a beast.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Foxtrot_13 posted:

That would only be a First Class in the non-autoloader French tier 9 heavy tank.

That thing is a beast.

I love that tank.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I know big was asking for numbers from the test on the mammoth tank xp. So here is circon logging in and checking them out fresh on stream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O6VLT_1CYs

Note that this is a 1.25 hour long video. However, it starts just as he opens up the tech tree and looks up the xp on the is-2-ii. And then he even goes through the testing to show that you can mount the upgraded engine, radio, turret, and gun on the stock treads. I assume that there isn't much weight left for equipment in that situation, but that is a possibility if you chose to do so.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

JuffoWup posted:

I know big was asking for numbers from the test on the mammoth tank xp. So here is circon logging in and checking them out fresh on stream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O6VLT_1CYs

Note that this is a 1.25 hour long video. However, it starts just as he opens up the tech tree and looks up the xp on the is-2-ii. And then he even goes through the testing to show that you can mount the upgraded engine, radio, turret, and gun on the stock treads. I assume that there isn't much weight left for equipment in that situation, but that is a possibility if you chose to do so.

It's a good video. His recap at the end was interesting in that unlike the premium T8, the tech tree ones are not quite the brawlers people would expect. The T8 looks like it wont make me want to set myself on fire, which is always nice.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Dez even said he almost preferred the stock 100mm guns on the IS-3-II to the twin M62s as you can keep someone permatracked and the weight difference makes the tank more responsive.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Slowly I feel like I am getting better. Played mornings on the weekend and won the few matches I was able to play in. Standard B ill admit was the only non-premium tank but I still had a great game in it.

A wise sage contacted me in-game on wanting to give me some pointers and told me to learn about commitment when playing maps. Like he pointed to a lemmingrush video and that youtuber does bring that word up a lot and for good reason.

Makes me kinda wish there were youtube guides for maps. Like which lane is great and what to expect when you commit to a lane to go down on. Bonus points for funny tanks taking advantageous positions.

Zwartzentruber
Dec 26, 2012

That is a good question, I have no idea
I'm just an average player. There are times when I'm just kicking so much rear end that it isn't even funny, but i also have really bad days when I'm just playing like a nub. I will say that I have improved a little.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Im sorry serb, I'll never try to kill a russian tank ever again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmufoH7vlKo

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

Katamari Democracy posted:

Slowly I feel like I am getting better. Played mornings on the weekend and won the few matches I was able to play in. Standard B ill admit was the only non-premium tank but I still had a great game in it.

A wise sage contacted me in-game on wanting to give me some pointers and told me to learn about commitment when playing maps. Like he pointed to a lemmingrush video and that youtuber does bring that word up a lot and for good reason.

Makes me kinda wish there were youtube guides for maps. Like which lane is great and what to expect when you commit to a lane to go down on. Bonus points for funny tanks taking advantageous positions.

Nobody makes map guides because it's too much work and there are so many variables involved which change what you can or should do that any video on one map would be hours long.
Dauntless Tanker has a great series of map guides for scouts. It's a few years old now but mostly still relevant.

guido1212 is one of the best teachers on YouTube. He said he doesn't get many views on his map videos so he quit making them but he helps a lot of people who send him replays.

Definitely watch some lemming rush videos. He's a good player but kind of annoying.

Watch iyouxin he is currently the best player on the EU leader board, also annoying.

Skill4ltu has a video of just about every tank in the game if you search on youtube.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Well I mean certain maps are starting to "Click" more often as far as position and a general direction on where to go on what class tank you are playing. But lets be honest. We all have to sit and wait to see where everyone is heading when you are bottom tier.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

BadLlama posted:

Im sorry serb, I'll never try to kill a russian tank ever again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmufoH7vlKo

As a 277 owner, I can testify to the fact than REALLY lovely RNG screwed you there. It looks like three shots deviate to the very edge of your reticle and get eaten by the rear roadwheel and the bottom of the tracks, and the fourth one goes just high enough to bounce off the edge on the engine deck.
I've NEVER bounced anything much at all with consistency on my sides.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
Years ago I remember a site that would show you where on the map people went with their tanks. You pick a map and a class of tank and it created a heatmap showing the places people take those tanks. It was really useful for finding things like good spotting bushes and routes to flanking positions etc. Anyone remember the site or if it's still going?

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
Vbaddict died. WoT inspector has heat maps but I think you have to pay to get access to them.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
http://wotreplays.eu/site/5195747#himmelsdorf-mariuslecter-gro_traktor_-_krupp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w6iLMdynI8

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I had a killer game with 2 goons yesterday.

I played my SU-130PM like a loving kv1 and got a 4 kill in the valley of that stupid map where there's a town in the east, a lake in the middle, and the valley deathball in the west.

:jackbud:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i started a fleet in World of Warships Blitz. [LWTX] SomethingAwful :getin:

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

if i like the AMX 30 will i like the tier IX Leopard? They look like a similar play styles except the Leopard doesn't have the small chance of turret bouncing poo poo at favorable angles

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ROFLburger posted:

if i like the AMX 30 will i like the tier IX Leopard? They look like a similar play styles except the Leopard doesn't have the small chance of turret bouncing poo poo at favorable angles

AMX 30 is a beautiful medium tank that suffers from T9 syndrome.

As in, the T9 is better than the T10 in almost every way.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

yeah amx 30 owns but what about the leopard though

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ROFLburger posted:

yeah amx 30 owns but what about the leopard though

They are very similar, Leo has a better gun and better PtWR but less overall DPM. So I think you will probably like it.

Just realized I totally forgot to answer your question lol.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

some chuds were ranting about antifa in the warships blitz global chat, so i taught some pubbies to make z0r chains lol

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I had a killer game with 2 goons yesterday.

I played my SU-130PM like a loving kv1 and got a 4 kill in the valley of that stupid map where there's a town in the east, a lake in the middle, and the valley deathball in the west.

:jackbud:

And we just kept winning! Remind me to stfu when I am dead.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
https://i.imgur.com/Ic4l1GR.mp4
Love how these things absolutely fly when you blow them up. Managed to kill both enemy EBRs this game.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

stupid camping race car

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I've watched some of the replays of the games I have played yesterday and I really need to make notes on which tanks I need to take a look at again after a game is done. I'm in that weird person mode where I watch some of the choices I made to see where I could have gone better. Mainly the majority of those games are in HTs.

Also sorry for responding earlier about the map videos but I will argue that some maps have some good sweet spots that can be talked about. And weighing a short summary of maybe what tanks might be good as a general example.

kemikalkadet posted:

https://i.imgur.com/Ic4l1GR.mp4
Love how these things absolutely fly when you blow them up. Managed to kill both enemy EBRs this game.

I loathe you. But I will eventually have to learn arty and go down that line next. I won't be able to get that Stug IV if I dont play arty:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

I loathe you. But I will eventually have to learn arty and go down that line next. I won't be able to get that Stug IV if I dont play arty:

Isn't that the passive spotting mission where you have to remain unspotted? Just platoon your light tank with camo, binocs and net with two blind heavies/TDs, go to a forward passive scouting bush on Malinovka or Prokhorovka, and have your platoonmates specifically shoot your spotted targets even if it doesn't help your team win.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Hellsau posted:

Isn't that the passive spotting mission where you have to remain unspotted? Just platoon your light tank with camo, binocs and net with two blind heavies/TDs, go to a forward passive scouting bush on Malinovka or Prokhorovka, and have your platoonmates specifically shoot your spotted targets even if it doesn't help your team win.

My LT-432 could easily get it done. Next time I platoon with goons I can easily get this done.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
just remember that personal missions that don't have the requirement of "win the game" are specifically designed to have you sabotage your team

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

kemikalkadet posted:

Years ago I remember a site that would show you where on the map people went with their tanks. You pick a map and a class of tank and it created a heatmap showing the places people take those tanks. It was really useful for finding things like good spotting bushes and routes to flanking positions etc. Anyone remember the site or if it's still going?

There's a couple sets of minimap mods in Aslain's modpack, one has general tank positions marked with icons on the maps, the other has SPG and passive scouting locations indicated.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

And we just kept winning! Remind me to stfu when I am dead.

I wish you'd have recorded that game.

:gonk:

Cannon_Fodder fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jan 23, 2020

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
My last game today to get points at t2 had some fucko going on about how the team was full of 'fag' children right from the start. We then went on to steam roll the other team in nothing flat, and fucko had gently caress all for points and was taken out early. I guess he really cared about his sub 47 WR.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

SpannerX posted:

My last game today to get points at t2 had some fucko going on about how the team was full of 'fag' children right from the start. We then went on to steam roll the other team in nothing flat, and fucko had gently caress all for points and was taken out early. I guess he really cared about his sub 47 WR.

Oh thats nothing. Take a look at this guy:

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I wish you'd have recorded that game.

I do record some games but I always end up deleting them due to my anxiety.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

How in the gently caress did they let this slip by?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Oh thats nothing. Take a look at this guy:

I do record some games but I always end up deleting them due to my anxiety.

Looks to be testing the pretty excellent censor system.

Fart becomes ****

Real cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I have seen supersexysam saying similar things in separate games, guess that is his thing

also wish kike_car was using an EBR