Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

Shinji2015 posted:

(I got annoyed about Capcom using lens flare to hide nudity in the PS4 version of DMCV, but mostly because it looked terrible and the Xbox version didn't have it)

The true problem is there weren't ENOUGH lens flares added to the game. Then we would be at the highest levels of Photoshop supremacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Dias posted:

Eh, I had a polite DM exchange with Paige (started by her, mind you) about the subject after calling her out for the acquaintances and ended up blocked by both her and Pat months after the fact (because some weird goon convinced her we were trying to, I'unno, cancel her or whatever), so I'm kinda done with thinking about her.

glad to hear it

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's extremely telling that all the worst parts of the SBFP fandom went to Pat when the break up happened

Not that he's necessarily as bad as them, but because he doesn't care about how many rotten pieces of poo poo infest his fanbase as long as they give him money on his half-assed streams

Hopefully this is a wake up call but probably not

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the real friendheads have only watched the matt & liam sonic lps since the breakup

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Blockhouse posted:

Hopefully this is a wake up call but probably not

If anything, he will double down on being a not-lovely person just because it makes the chuds mad.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

MaxDuo posted:

The true problem is there weren't ENOUGH lens flares added to the game. Then we would be at the highest levels of Photoshop supremacy.

:hmmyes:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Chuds are back at it again with pat. Literally called him white, rich bourgeois. You know, the guy that worked in retail for nearly a decade and his family was relatively low income.

https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/1220188880806260736

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
That's right, kids. Banning someone from your product and platform for their political views is the same as not showing graphic images of underage characters.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

my spicy hot take is that the changes to the english versions are good, because the original japanese had some real uncomfortable undertones of sexual violence in the bikini photography chapter that got undone or at the very least lessened a lot by turning it into a street fashion photography chapter instead

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

scary ghost dog posted:

the real friendheads have only watched the matt & liam sonic lps since the breakup

not true: they also watched the matt & liam Clock Tower 3 lp

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

a cartoon duck posted:

my spicy hot take is that the changes to the english versions are good, because the original japanese had some real uncomfortable undertones of sexual violence in the bikini photography chapter that got undone or at the very least lessened a lot by turning it into a street fashion photography chapter instead

If only we could get more of this and less... pickle boy.

I still find it interesting how different body types are thought as in japan vs the west, like I remember hearing that the handler from monster hunter world is considered fat bordering on obese by the jp fanbase.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jan 23, 2020

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bonaventure posted:

not true: they also watched the matt & liam Clock Tower 3 lp

drat i missed that one lol. gonna have to check it out of course, thanks for the heads up.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

To get in late to the topic, I almost totally get his knee jerk reaction to the email prompt, doubly so when the person said they don't buy/play stuff that gets censored. I kinda can see some ire coming from the fact I feel like they've complained about dumbass localization stuff on plenty of occasions, but Pat is/was definitely right to point out that kind of stuff isn't censorship, and making it out to be has really muddied the issue for when you see real censorship.

I think the only real criticism that could be levied at Pat was the segment kinda made for bad podcasting because it was just a vicious cycle of
Pat: gently caress the "but my anime tiddies people"
Woolie: Yeah but surely there's some nuance and that's just a vocal group
Pat: but gently caress 'em

I also feel like there's surely some cases of localization doing gross stuff rather then taking out the gross stuff, but again, those don't seem to be the examples you typically hear about.

It's funny because other topics lately had me getting really tired of Pat's thing.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

scary ghost dog posted:

drat i missed that one lol. gonna have to check it out of course, thanks for the heads up.

it's good, please enjoy

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nalesh posted:

I still find it interesting how different body types are thought as in japan vs the west, like I remember hearing that the handler from monster hunter world is considered fat bordering on obese by the jp fanbase.

That's not even bordering on 'thicc' as the kids today say.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I've seen skinnier girls called thicc

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Abe's breeding plan is failing because he isn't shifting Japan's weight sexuality to thicc.

Silly Abe.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I haven't checked in on Castle Superbeast in ages and I'm so glad I did it as this was going down.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
temtem may be a little buggy since it's in early access. pat can't handle it.

https://clips.twitch.tv/FlaccidUgliestMelonFutureMan

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I wish it wasn't an MMO cause it seems like everything I ever wanted out of Pokemon mechanics-wise.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
I was put off by that too but watching the stream it doesn't look like it's much of an MMO. I think you might be able to go through the game single player entirely.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The issue I have is that the game is subject to server issues and lag because of people.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man that new river city girls ending they mentioned in the podcast is so boring and generic, the old one was better

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

This new Get into Fighting Games is a mixture of complete poo poo and quality mechanics and each minute watching it leaves me more and more amazed.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I am quite excited to see Woolie play Spec Ops as I really love that game, and I haven't watched a full LP by him in a bit. :allears:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

DrSnakeLaser posted:

This new Get into Fighting Games is a mixture of complete poo poo and quality mechanics and each minute watching it leaves me more and more amazed.

It's amazing to watch, especially after their last match, with Woolie and Reggie finding themselves having to come down from their sensory overload.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I think I'm done with the TBFP Reddit subchannel. Pat mentioned the old Plague joke "No way friend," except replace friend with a derogatory term. The fact that they don't even say it anymore says they know it was bad. Pat even said if you have any comments to message Plague. So I did a little research and best I could find he's been radio silent on it.

So I asked in the subreddit if they knew if he had commented on it. I got three responses including one calling me the derogatory term and another saying I was just trying to stir things up and then the thread was deleted. I keep learning the lesson that somethingawful is a lot better than a lot of places on the internet.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

It's not necessarily that SA is better than most places, it's that the SBFP fandom at large has always been low to mid key terrible gamer bros and the boys by virtue of their radio silence on politics and other hot-button issues while the channel was alive and thriving have never really tried to curtail that in any meaningful way.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I was in a FF14 guild Pat was apart of, ended up kinda awkward and he left after about a year and the community wasn't the best before or after.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The only time I've ever gotten any kind of threatening or hateful tweets/comments is from interacting with the SBFP fandom.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
At least here in SA we only hate on the members of the group in question. :v:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Pat's Mind goblins tend to forget the mangle the part where his incredibly negative and half-the-times racist comments are not actually racist, such as right now in the podcast

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://clips.twitch.tv/MuddyVenomousMomPraiseIt

https://clips.twitch.tv/EsteemedQuaintCattleFeelsBadMan?tt_content=chat_card&tt_medium=twitch_chat

Today was a :asoiaf:

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
It's weird cause I generally have had a good experience at the SBF subreddit and even discovered a few nice transgender subreddits after I saw a couple transgender SBF folks posting openly about it and not getting hassled in any way.

I haven't been looking there regularly lately though, maybe it's gotten worse.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
the shocking answer is the truth is in the middle and there are equally as many lovely members of the boys fanbase as there are good ones

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
its always a mistake to engage with people who are fans of video game youtube content

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

What's the context for the first one? is it Pat watching clips of himself and not immediately realizing it's him?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Baron Snow posted:

What's the context for the first one? is it Pat watching clips of himself and not immediately realizing it's him?

Yeah

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
wow, woolie repeating all sorts of wildly outdated and borderline racist myths on the podcast this week huh

"that doesn't sound crazy" says woolie as he says something crazy

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Improbable Lobster posted:

wow, woolie repeating all sorts of wildly outdated and borderline racist myths on the podcast this week huh
Woolie just crackling with Joe Rogan energy this podcast.

Would it be safe to call the SBF crew aesthetic to be "nerd meathead"?

Tupperwarez fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 30, 2020