Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008

Hellblazer187 posted:

If literally every single American went vegan and carless what would be the impact on climate? This is a genuine question and if there is a source on this I'd be interested.

The average impact of driving is greater than that of eating meat IIRC, but I’m not an expert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

GlyphGryph posted:

I have bought all of my cars with cash.

A lot of people do the same. Private transactions make up a decent portion of american car sales.

Same. I've owned 34-cars. I currently own four. I have never purchased a new car. The most I've ever paid for a car was for a '66 Bonneville convertible, $8000, back in 2000. I can fix them, so I guess I'm an outlier.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I've owned uh like three cars, my wife has owned 1. I'm 37, so each car lasted me 6 and a half years which isn't too bad. I only ever got another car because loving suicidal deer jumping out of the god drat woods. Goddamn giant rats if you ask me.

I should still be driving my 98 Saturn with manual windows if I had my way

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

PainterofCrap posted:

Same. I've owned 34-cars. I currently own four. I have never purchased a new car. The most I've ever paid for a car was for a '66 Bonneville convertible, $8000, back in 2000. I can fix them, so I guess I'm an outlier.

I bought my last car in 2000. Still have it, 267k miles. Still gets 38-43mpg. Still on the original clutch.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Car talk sucks get back to shitposting

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Any one who wants to express an opinion on transit unrelated to a specific transit policy put forth by one of the candidates first has to offer a guess as to what Indian dish Warren was describing

https://twitter.com/Zohreen/status/1219391981501198339?s=20

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Why wouldn’t she just say paneer or chicken vindaloo like a normal person?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Why wouldn’t she just say paneer or chicken vindaloo like a normal person?

"Chicken curry"! It's not an inspired answer but it's so loving easy and it's believable!

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

(She works for Bloomberg btw)

Of course, nothing like a billionaire circumventing his promise not to use his media wing to attack democratic candidates by hiring them into his campaign.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.
Buttigieg just aired a commercial during Rutgers v Iowa basketball. Clips of him shaking hands with black people. Talking to black people. Couple interviews with black people. Wonder if that commercial airs during hockey games.

Bass Concert Hall
May 9, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gripweed posted:

Any one who wants to express an opinion on transit unrelated to a specific transit policy put forth by one of the candidates first has to offer a guess as to what Indian dish Warren was describing

https://twitter.com/Zohreen/status/1219391981501198339?s=20

Pretty sure it’s raita, also her answer is both wrong and humiliating.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/MegKinnardAP/status/1220176895041581057?s=19

Could this possibly help swing SC in favor of Bernie?

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Julias posted:

https://twitter.com/MegKinnardAP/status/1220176895041581057?s=19

Could this possibly help swing SC in favor of Bernie?

Seems pretty significant but it really depends on if she manages to bring more Black elected officials over with her.

https://twitter.com/Grace_Segers/status/1220144300459282432

Bloomberg really sparing no expense. If I wasn't knee-deep in thesis writing right now I'd be seriously considering taking a leave of absence for the semester and soaking up as much of that sweet billionaire money as I could.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
This guys sucks, and I hate him

https://twitter.com/PeteButtigieg/status/1220188677017567232?s=20

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Luckily, he's close to irrelevancy

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I just saw the full context Biden clip

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1220053331189682177

and it is not one single bit better, he still looks like he's having a psycho freakout and the chest bump was more threatening than cordial.

hobotrashcanfires
Jul 24, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

and it is not one single bit better, he still looks like he's having a psycho freakout and the chest bump was more threatening than cordial.

Looks very much the fed up doddering old man who just couldn't stand ignoring any longer and only barely remembers not to completely fly off the handle.

Hope we only get to imagine how he'd handle Trump needling him.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
The thing about that Biden clip is when he turns. You can see he's genuinely really loving annoyed in the way he just suddenly, sharply turns around and zeroes in on the guy

I mean I don't give a gently caress, but Howard Dean's campaign was ended by a lot less

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6i-gYRAwM0

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
hmmm yes how do we get the mythical white working class voters to get on board with Biden? Perhaps we can point out that his opponent, who we very much don't want to win, isn't supportive of taking their guns away?

https://twitter.com/tomwatson/status/1220032841951731718?s=20

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

DARPA posted:

Buttigieg just aired a commercial during Rutgers v Iowa basketball. Clips of him shaking hands with black people. Talking to black people. Couple interviews with black people. Wonder if that commercial airs during hockey games.

Does Buttigieg think that black people just aren't aware of him or something? That if he just proves that he has some black friends that black voters will decide that his support of racist cops in South Bend was all in good fun or something?

I guess it's a rhetorical question because even while I'm typing it I can already hear his campaign strategists in my head, talking in buzz-word filled sentences about pragmatic black voters and how they'll switch over to Mayor Butt en masse if he can just edge out Biden in Iowa. "That Bernie guy is too pie in the sky for them, so you'll reap all the benefits boss, just do an awkward guest appearance with Lizzo to prove you don't vomit in the presence of people darker than tan and their votes are all yours."

oxsnard posted:

hmmm yes how do we get the mythical white working class voters to get on board with Biden? Perhaps we can point out that his opponent, who we very much don't want to win, isn't supportive of taking their guns away?

https://twitter.com/tomwatson/status/1220032841951731718?s=20

lol they're really out of ideas, huh?

2nd Rate Poster
Mar 25, 2004

i started a joke
My father in law died from complications due to Alzheimer's/dementia last year, and that Biden video gave me flashbacks to some of his outbursts.

The lack of emotional control, the way he walks, speaks, and moves all scream dementia.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
The best part about all of this is once Sanders is the clear frontrunner, the media won't be able to help themselves with breathless stories about "who can stop Sanders????" Thus further elevating his profile this cycle

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Ague Proof might be out of a gimmick after that one. Woof.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

He comes across as super weirdly defensive and crazy here. It's clearly a sore spot for some reason.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

2nd Rate Poster posted:

My father in law died from complications due to Alzheimer's/dementia last year, and that Biden video gave me flashbacks to some of his outbursts.

The lack of emotional control, the way he walks, speaks, and moves all scream dementia.

Yeah, the way he goes from 0 to 150% and tries to get into their personal space as soon as they challenge him, and the mocking tone that an adult wouldn't have with another really remind me of the early/middle "dad isn't ok" days.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Mat Cauthon posted:

Seems pretty significant but it really depends on if she manages to bring more Black elected officials over with her.

Bloomberg really sparing no expense. If I wasn't knee-deep in thesis writing right now I'd be seriously considering taking a leave of absence for the semester and soaking up as much of that sweet billionaire money as I could.

Good luck on the thesis! My thesis was a dumpster fire. Still passed the defense though.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Psychepath posted:

Yeah, the way he goes from 0 to 150% and tries to get into their personal space as soon as they challenge him, and the mocking tone that an adult wouldn't have with another really remind me of the early/middle "dad isn't ok" days.

Isn't that just how men of his age act? That was always very much my experience. All that is missing is Biden slapping the guy around a little, maybe calling him some anti-homosexual slurs.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
https://twitter.com/OrganizingPower/status/1220206167433129986

It BEGIIIIIINS!!!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Why does Biden have such a Trumpian amount of gross baggage, as well as Trumpian immunity from its consequences. Nobody's talked about it for a while, but it would sink any other Democrat's career (and even some Republicans') to have even one picture getting Biden's level of handsy with women/girls.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

gandlethorpe posted:

Why does Biden have such a Trumpian amount of gross baggage, as well as Trumpian immunity from its consequences. Nobody's talked about it for a while, but it would sink any other Democrat's career (and even some Republicans') to have even one picture getting Biden's level of handsy with women/girls.

Old white male

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

2nd Rate Poster posted:

Yeah, I was coming to also post that everything in his facial patterns, his loss of focus when confronting the guy and the excessive repetition of one word, with the attempt to play it off as being normal right after, remind me exactly of my grandma who has both Alzheimer’s and dementia.

Dude should not be trotting around the country in front of cameras trying to become president. He should be sitting on a park bench somewhere feeding pigeons bread.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I chalked that instance up to just his old-rear end mentality of macho tough guy greaser bullshit.

He gets up in people's business because he wants to intimidate them and knows he can get away with it.
I mean, what're you gonna do about it? Raise a hand to him and get your rear end beat by Secret Service?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
got this notification from facebook today

I am very sorry for my bad posts on social media which may have mistakenly led someone to believe that I have firsthand knowledge that JOE BIDEN EATS THE WOODEN STICKS IN CORN DOGS. I would not want anyone to get the wrong idea. My intent was not to express the idea that it is completely true that JOE BIDEN EATS THE WOODEN STICKS IN CORN DOGS. Honesty is my first priority and I never meant to mislead anyone

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

gandlethorpe posted:

Biden floats because D voters think a second Trump term would be gut-punchingly loathsome. Biden has the "He can beat Trump!" shine, and as long as he does he will maintain a strong base of support.

I'm not saying it's deserved or a good thing.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

alpha_destroy posted:

Good luck on the thesis! My thesis was a dumpster fire. Still passed the defense though.

Thanks! Yeah I'm over feeling like it has to be perfect and am squarely in "let's just get this poo poo done so I don't have to think about it anymore" territory.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Mat Cauthon posted:

The iPhone 11 is the most secure smart phone on the market today, so that makes sense at the very least.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Bloomberg does realize he got into the race WAY too late to even remotely be a factor, right? Like if he had swooped in while Biden was still flip-flopping on running and claimed the "centrist old white guy who can get the John Q Publics who flocked to Trump back on the Democrats side" lane maybe he'd at least be putting up not completely embarrassing poll numbers, but that ship sailed ages ago.

Something about feeling entitled to political office just breaks rich people brains even more than usual. Reminds me of when Meg Whitman poured more of her own personal wealth into her California Governor bid than any other candidate in US history, and still lost stone cold to Brown because even $144 million in personal campaign financing wasn't enough to distract the electorate from the fact that she was complete poo poo.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Gonna be alot of lightly used MacBooks to snatch up after Bloomberg campaign ends. Alot of IT managers are probably gonna make off like bandits. I highly doubt there will be good inventory control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

Old upper-class white man with a D next to his name, so thus far nobody who matters has been interested in holding him accountable for any of the gross poo poo he keeps doing.