Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I refuse to believe any other story than the guy pulling the armour of a lynched Storm Trooper, but couldn't get the boots off because all the blood had coagulated in the legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lodin posted:

I refuse to believe any other story than the guy pulling the armour of a lynched Storm Trooper, but couldn't get the boots off because all the blood had coagulated in the legs.
Was this before or after he internalized advanced race theory?

Star Wars is trying to glom onto the popularity of The Mandalorian

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Since we're getting some spotlight on Les' wife by being jealous of Les being with another woman, a poster in Son of Stuck Funky linked to this old 'gem':

Apparently St. Lisa recorded a bunch of video messages for others to watch and one of them happens to be this. You know you're completely irrelevant if your husband's dead wife's final message to you is that Les will still moan her name when you two have sex.

Holy poo poo, it's like the art is getting worse and worse with each passing day.

I still hate that they got back together. Absolutely nothing was resolved and Wilbur is still the same selfish rear end who's never gotten over Iris. The two "getting along great" is the worst possible way for this to end.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
The Perishers (1983)

Beau Peep (1986)

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

amigolupus posted:

Since we're getting some spotlight on Les' wife by being jealous of Les being with another woman, a poster in Son of Stuck Funky linked to this old 'gem':

Apparently St. Lisa recorded a bunch of video messages for others to watch and one of them happens to be this. You know you're completely irrelevant if your husband's dead wife's final message to you is that Les will still moan her name when you two have sex.

Our Lady of Cancerwife left a lot of those tapes behind. Apparently there was a stack big enough that when they decided to digitize them, it came as a surprise there was one labeled "To The Other Woman". But really, it's only the sheath to the knife that was Les's proposal when he took Cayla on a walking tour of all the Lisa spots in his life instead of the markers of their relationship. Of course, that would mean TomBat would have to write those.

"How romantic, that even when you're proposing it's about nothing but her. Of course I'll marry you."

I remember all of the above with just the slightest nudge, but something that might be useful, like second-year Spanish? Gone. Where is my mind?

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

amigolupus posted:

This is incredibly gross...and degrading to Carla (is that her name?). "Oh, Les will call out my name during sex. Don't worry about it". My parents love this strip for some reason. Must be a Boomer thing.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

This is incredibly gross...and degrading to Carla (is that her name?). "Oh, Les will call out my name during sex. Don't worry about it". My parents love this strip for some reason. Must be a Boomer thing.

What, you don't find the idea of never being able to move on from your past relationship romantic? Do you see something wrong with being so in love with a person that you won't allow yourself to even consider marrying another person without hallucinating their ghostly visage* giving a literal thumbs up of approval? Are you one of those sickos who doesn't believe in parading your current partner through the life history of your dead spouse and constantly comparing the two, both of you knowing full well that the new could never even hope to hold a candle to the original?

*I almost forgot about that part until I started typing. Back before Carla and Les got married, right after he proposed, they hug, he looks over her shoulder and sees the ghost of Lisa giving the thumbs up. But I'm almost positive it was not healthy, young, happy Lisa. It was old, bald, sickly, sunken eyed, tired of life, Lisa. So not only does he hang on to his dead wife in a disturbing way, but his idealized form for her is dying from cancer. Holy poo poo that is hosed up.

CzarChasm fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jan 23, 2020

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

CzarChasm posted:

What, you don't find the idea of never being able to move on from your past relationship romantic? Do you see something wrong with being so in love with a person that you won't allow yourself to even consider marrying another person without hallucinating their ghostly visage* giving a literal thumbs up of approval? Are you one of those sickos who doesn't believe in parading your current partner through the life history of your dead spouse and constantly comparing the two, both of you knowing full well that the new could never even hope to hold a candle to the original?

*I almost forgot about that part until I started typing. Back before Carla and Les got married, right after he proposed, they hug, he looks over her shoulder and sees the ghost of Lisa giving the thumbs up. But I'm almost positive it was not healthy, young, happy Lisa. It was old, bald, sickly, sunken eyed, tired of life, Lisa. So not only does he hang on to his dead wife in a disturbing way, but his idealized form for her is dying from cancer. Holy poo poo that is hosed up.

I forgot about that too. That's really weird.

All this even after Batiuk made a big deal of Les taking a trip to place his St. Lisa shrine on top of Mt. Kilimanjaro (?) in an effort to get past her death or whatever. It's incredibly creepy and unhealthy and I don't know why Carla sticks around for this poo poo.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

CLASSIC Working Daze

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Many years from now, Steve's grandson will be known as Scumbag Steve

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

quote:

Lottie and Shauna are still on rocky ground, but all of a sudden, we have to question exactly what is going on... with Mildred.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

quote:

Adjusted for inflation, $50.00 in 1950 is equal to $532.27 in 2019

Dustin

Mandrake

1997 Viivi & Wagner

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
So, Kelley has never eaten pizza with a family, is my take-away.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Darthemed posted:

I'd be shocked if Kelly's had a friendly interaction with a family member in the last...ever.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Mandrake is a good stupid strip, thank you for posting it. :allears:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Every time I hear new details about Les Moore, I can't help but think there's really no end to how much of a slimy scumbag he is.

Is it just me, or is the joke to this strip supposed to be "haha there's an implication that a minor might be sleeping with an adult"? It just came to mind because of that strip where a bunch of guys in the office were gathered around Mildred trying to impress her. I don't know, I guess I just find it a bit weird.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Bloom County
January 13th & 14th, 1981

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moomin and the brigands

And thus it ends, I didn't feel like posting that last strip on it's own tomorrow.

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

EasyEW posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

If she had thrown the sandwich off panel then he'd almost have a joke about the "known frontiers of the universe". Also peanuts and bell peppers are pad thai ingredients, so it's weird to me that he keeps trying to insist this is the grossest thing in the world.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

amigolupus posted:

Every time I hear new details about Les Moore, I can't help but think there's really no end to how much of a slimy scumbag he is.

Is it just me, or is the joke to this strip supposed to be "haha there's an implication that a minor might be sleeping with an adult"? It just came to mind because of that strip where a bunch of guys in the office were gathered around Mildred trying to impress her. I don't know, I guess I just find it a bit weird.

I thought that there was a minor time jump somewhere and that the mystery crew were now out of school / young adults? But I could be misremembering.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

TofuDiva posted:

I thought that there was a minor time jump somewhere and that the mystery crew were now out of school / young adults? But I could be misremembering.

I think it's a summer break but they're still in high school

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (May 29, 1937)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Darthemed posted:

What your family doesn't line up in an orderly fashion to each take a turn choosing a piece?

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

TofuDiva posted:

rannum posted:

I think it's a summer break but they're still in high school

Yeah I think Mildred is only 15 in this story. She turns 16 in September.

From the unmade new Scary-Go-Round comic Allison did (aka Wen-Tac, The Great Unboxing) that takes place after this Bad Machinery story.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SubNat posted:

Moomin and the brigands

And thus it ends, I didn't feel like posting that last strip on it's own tomorrow.

Now I want a clone of Pikmin but you play as Moomin and gently caress up brigands with your army of hattifnatts.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

The_Other posted:

Yeah I think Mildred is only 15 in this story. She turns 16 in September.

From the unmade new Scary-Go-Round comic Allison did (aka Wen-Tac, The Great Unboxing) that takes place after this Bad Machinery story.

Do you have the full story somewhere?

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

Transmodiar posted:

Do you have the full story somewhere?

Sadly no, I was only able to find a few strips via various search engines after Allison took it down.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
thanks for Moomin :)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Retail

Get Fuzzy 1/22/00

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I am actually really invested in the end of Retail. I wonder if Stuart was already canned.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Green Intern posted:

I am actually really invested in the end of Retail. I wonder if Stuart was already canned.

yeah, i don't think it's some super-amazing comic but it tended to hit pretty well for what it was going for and the artist seems to have the good graces to actually end it instead of letting it drag forever as a zombie strip. something seemed fishy the moment the status quo started getting shaken up and lo and behold they announced it was stopping.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
King Aroo 9/3/53

They'll Do It Every Time 8/13/46

Mopsy 8/22/42

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I’m glad retail is ending. It was terrible and repetitive and hopefully it’ll be replaced by something better, but most likely it won’t

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

The_Other posted:

Sadly no, I was only able to find a few strips via various search engines after Allison took it down.

Once again, archive.org has it covered.

Bad Machinery: The Great Unboxing

https://web.archive.org/web/20180913152216/http://scarygoround.com/?date=20180409

Angular Cyrus posted:

Mopsy 8/22/42

Is that... lungs?

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jan 24, 2020

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Safety Dance posted:

https://web.archive.org/web/20180913152216/http://scarygoround.com/?date=20180409

that's where the Unboxing starts, but the entire Wen-Tack saga starts here. There is at least one very slight spoiler for the end of the current story in the Great Unboxing btw.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set is on the tip of my tongue.

Working Daze is hopefully not how you learned about this.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix is a window through time.

Cul De Sac had about as much fun as it expected.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Safety Dance posted:

Is that... lungs?
Those are patented Ayvad Water Wings!
https://hoboken.pastperfectonline.com/webobject/C2487597-6184-4403-B8F4-949320631349

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze is hopefully not how you learned about this.

I;m thinking about thos Beaked Beans

I put more effort into shitposting than these two put into their jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Skippy (September 7, 1932)

Peanuts (January 25, 1973)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

9 Chickweed Lane

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (August 24, 1936)

Out Our Way (January 11-13, 1934)

Toonerville Folks (July 20-22, 1916)

This is usually where I tip in something about the movements of the not-at-all-dead Villa and his Villistas, but today I found a DVD copy of And Starring Pancho Villa As Himself, the HBO movie from way-back with Antonio Banderas as the rebel general. A little bit curious if anyone has any opinions on how HBO pulled it off.

Dok's "More Scenes Of The Class Struggle in Drakeville" Duck (January 25, 1913)