Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

When they finally come to Portland they should have Dynamite at the Oregon Zoo concert venue and and call it ZooBrawl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

When they finally come to Portland they should have Dynamite at the Oregon Zoo concert venue and and call it ZooBrawl.

Don't tease me like that dude

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

now I wanna see The Butcher wrestler An Actual Bear

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Marko would run this fool so hard he'd throw his own shoes over the powerlines

https://twitter.com/B_blindmark/status/1220399238972104704

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
https://twitter.com/wrestlingopi/status/1220455869374173184

450,000 people were on the Jericruise

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Complaining about Marko being small is so weird because, like... yes, that's his character. He's the little guy in the weird misfits group. He's little and laughable, and then he's kicked you in the dick and run away and you look like an idiot for underestimating him.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

coconono posted:

Marko would run this fool so hard he'd throw his own shoes over the powerlines

https://twitter.com/B_blindmark/status/1220399238972104704

How tall is Rey Mysterio compared to Marko?

Funniest thing about this to me is that I think Jericho said similar stuff about Rey when he first met him in the early 90's.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

was there some final fantasy game with a gigantic cruise ship that might have been in space

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I've watched Marko break his leg taking a move through a table or door, I forget what. If he's willing to do that I'm happy to call him a wrestler.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Stunt vs Lindeman was interesting cuz they’re basically the same height. If Marko took some roids he’d fit right in.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gumball Gumption posted:

I've watched Marko break his leg taking a move through a table or door, I forget what. If he's willing to do that I'm happy to call him a wrestler.

poo poo if that's all it takes I'll become a wrestler right now

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

This dude is literally Vegeta being like 'this can't be possible!! His power level is over 900k!!!'

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

congrats 2J on attaining world record cruise ship attendance by several hundred thousand

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Son of Man posted:

This dude is literally Vegeta being like 'this can't be possible!! His power level is over 900k!!!'

*crushes nielson meter in hand*

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Jericho and Cody are such good carnies that they literally poo poo all over the laws of physics in order to cram more people into their show. Now that's some dedication right there.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I thought I was starting to get bored of the ratings war (especially when the numbers have been more or less the same for like 3 weeks now), but the Vincels melting down every time NXT loses never gets old :allears:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Cerebral Bore posted:

Jericho and Cody are such good carnies that they literally poo poo all over the laws of physics in order to cram more people into their show. Now that's some dedication right there.

That or Shad Khan's billions of dollars all went towards building the largest seagoing structure ever built, some sort of aquatic Death Star.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The Jericho boat turns out to be some kind of demented metal iceberg-esque structure where you can only see the very tip above the water.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
It's bigger on the inside.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

coconono posted:

or just park the fuckin thing

Unacceptable

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Defiance Industries posted:

That or Shad Khan's billions of dollars all went towards building the largest seagoing structure ever built, some sort of aquatic Death Star.

I hope this is legitimately what Jerichruise 5 turns out to be.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

heel turn posted:

450,000 people were on the Jericruise

Which I'm sure this guy would also somehow spin as a failure.

Ironically on Wrestling Observer Live today they were talking about how Jericho's initial reaction to Marko was that it was ridiculous to have him as a wrestler. The difference being that when Jericho saw he was over, he admitted he was 100% wrong and now he's a big fan of Marko's because he's realized that he absolutely belongs.

As the old saying goes,"If it works... it works!"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jerusalem posted:

Which I'm sure this guy would also somehow spin as a failure.

Ironically on Wrestling Observer Live today they were talking about how Jericho's initial reaction to Marko was that it was ridiculous to have him as a wrestler. The difference being that when Jericho saw he was over, he admitted he was 100% wrong and now he's a big fan of Marko's because he's realized that he absolutely belongs.

As the old saying goes,"If it works... it works!"

I was thinking about that Cody/MJF promo where MJF dropped the mic and kicked it away from Cody. If that had been WWE, and HHH, HHH would've Pedigreed MJF after he kicked the mic, and then revealed that he had a second mic in the pocket of his jacket, showing just how much smarter he was than MJF.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Gumball Gumption posted:

obviously he's a wrestler, the fanny pack is right there :proof:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

The only logical conclusion is a wrestling ring on an aircraft carrier away from the machinations of the inner circle. A haven for wrestlers, if you will. :thunk:

Jericho gonna start calling Moxley his brother in a British accent.

Les enfants Bubblies

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 24, 2020

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I always figured we'd at least have a Wrestlemania on the moon by 20-drat-20.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

Too bad none of the original PayPal guys were into wrestling.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Forget Wrestlemania 20 why haven't we had a Great Space War in Space

Just imagine a Sasuke Special on the moon

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Unperson_47 posted:

Les enfants Bubblies

I enjoyed this.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

e: wrong thread

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Rarity posted:

poo poo if that's all it takes I'll become a wrestler right now

You should enter the Rumble and eliminate Brock. Stake your claim to being the first female WWE Champion.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Unperson_47 posted:

The only logical conclusion is a wrestling ring on an aircraft carrier away from the machinations of the inner circle. A haven for wrestlers, if you will. :thunk:

Lutteurs sans Frontières

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Wasn't the Jericho cruise episode taped last week? Meaning all those attending live were actually at home and able to watch AEW on TV? Not that Wrestling Opinions is using any sort of logic.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It was taped the day before and they're still on the boat I think

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
They should still be on the boat, yes.

Davros1 posted:

I was thinking about that Cody/MJF promo where MJF dropped the mic and kicked it away from Cody. If that had been WWE, and HHH, HHH would've Pedigreed MJF after he kicked the mic, and then revealed that he had a second mic in the pocket of his jacket, showing just how much smarter he was than MJF.

Instead Cody showed that he's smart by enlisting the Bucks to come help him because he knew that MJF would get arrogant and because he's a babyface and has friends and they look out for each other like friends do, thus getting everybody involved over, giving the audience what they want and moving the story forward organically all in one relatively short segment.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Cerebral Bore posted:

They should still be on the boat, yes.

Instead Cody showed that he's smart by enlisting the Bucks to come help him because he knew that MJF would get arrogant and because he's a babyface and has friends and they look out for each other like friends do, thus getting everybody involved over, giving the audience what they want and moving the story forward organically all in one relatively short segment.

And advanced the story without damaging anyone in the story.

So many of the AEW stories would have been burned through in a month or less on WWE. Page and Omega would have tagged for one week, maybe two, before Hangman turned on him, and they'd have the blowoff match the week after that. I like seeing a story breathe

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Lamuella posted:

And advanced the story without damaging anyone in the story.

So many of the AEW stories would have been burned through in a month or less on WWE. Page and Omega would have tagged for one week, maybe two, before Hangman turned on him, and they'd have the blowoff match the week after that. I like seeing a story breathe

Page's slow burn heel turn is very enjoyable. Each week I think they're going to pull the trigger and don't and it rules. Some of Page's mannerisms make it look like he's going to clobber Omega from behind any second but he never does, it's beautiful.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

He’s a real loving dumb one

https://mobile.twitter.com/enfantsquid/status/1220508939583922183

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

coconono posted:

now I wanna see The Butcher wrestler An Actual Bear

Please don’t shame me into wrestling someone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I used to follow this guy but he's the most tiring person I've come across. He posts like ten tweet threads railing against imaginary enemies in the internet wrestling community. He is the epitome of incredibly online.