Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Evolve is my ultimate casual numbers go up game and I like the tech tree that starts with banging rocks together and ends with ejecting raw material into an intergalactic blackhole to beef it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Kyrosiris posted:

The hump of trying to get more than 300 max destiny sucks.

The thing that needs 300 Destiny is like.. the very last upgrade in the game. Also, you can upgrade items that increase max destiny to get more max destiny.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

To be honest, I don't really mind when an Idle game has an actual end. It's ok when there's always stuff to do, but at some point it just turns into an unfun job. Paperclips was perfect in that regard.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Kyrosiris posted:

The hump of trying to get more than 300 max destiny sucks.

The 300 destiny upgrade is a red herring. It doesn't do much for current content and you can easily beat the game without it. Progress is the sell a wolf pelt action.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Merijn posted:

To be honest, I don't really mind when an Idle game has an actual end. It's ok when there's always stuff to do, but at some point it just turns into an unfun job. Paperclips was perfect in that regard.

Most idle games fall apart exactly because they have no actual ending. They just do the initial progress curve, make everything take longer and longer, and hope you're fooled enough to buy "gems" or whatever to progress faster towards absolutely nothing. At least gacha games let you be slightly better than other people for the low price of everything you have.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Yo when are we getting Tragic The Garnering in NGU?

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Ineptitude posted:

Yo when are we getting Tragic The Garnering in NGU?

Also, can we get some card sorting options? By rarity, by type, by rarity then type, and by type then rarity would all be super useful.

Or filter options. Like, wandoos speed is probably not going to be a huge priority for most people, as an example. Easily being able to sort out and trash the wandoos cards would be great.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Also, can we get some card sorting options? By rarity, by type, by rarity then type, and by type then rarity would all be super useful.

Or filter options. Like, wandoos speed is probably not going to be a huge priority for most people, as an example. Easily being able to sort out and trash the wandoos cards would be great.

Trash cards by assembling a big stack of draft commons/uncommons to give to the little kid at the store

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Devor posted:

Trash cards by assembling a big stack of draft commons/uncommons to give to the little kid at the store

make a perk/quirk/wish to let you charge him for the privilege

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

make a perk/quirk/wish to let you charge him for the privilege

It pays a really small insignificant amount of gold and generates a tool tip saying that you should feel bad about charging the kid 22 gold for your lovely cards, but you don't.

Kid should come back as a titan with a guillotine as a weapon.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

pixaal posted:

It pays a really small insignificant amount of gold and generates a tool tip saying that you should feel bad about charging the kid 22 gold for your lovely cards, but you don't.

Kid should come back as a titan with a guillotine as a weapon.

It's a joke, but something in that vein would make for a memorable perk.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
if I add auto filters/sorters, my worry is it completely invalidates the purpose of

a) having the cards with variances that you have to pick and choose through to get the cards you want. You'll just filter off all the non-optimal ones ahead of time.
b) The entire concept of a deck size. If you're only putting in the exact cards you want you would never need more than a handful of slots
c) losing too much interaction. The main thing that you're gonna poke at once a day is the 24-ish cards that spawned, and picking through the good and bad ones. if it becomes a case of "cast any cards that got past all the filters" you've reduced the amount of management to TOO little, I fear. It's little more than a "wait for the numbers to slowly creep up on their own" feature then.

With inventory, you're getting new items every few minutes or seconds even, so it was clear that needed automation right away. This feature is going to be about 1 new card/hour. So i'm going without filters/sorting on launch. If it turns out flipping through 25 or so cards each day is too much added work, then we'll see. But I anticipate it's only a 2 minute task to figure out which cards stay and which get used.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

something posted:

if I add auto filters/sorters, my worry is it completely invalidates the purpose of

a) having the cards with variances that you have to pick and choose through to get the cards you want. You'll just filter off all the non-optimal ones ahead of time.
b) The entire concept of a deck size. If you're only putting in the exact cards you want you would never need more than a handful of slots
c) losing too much interaction. The main thing that you're gonna poke at once a day is the 24-ish cards that spawned, and picking through the good and bad ones. if it becomes a case of "cast any cards that got past all the filters" you've reduced the amount of management to TOO little, I fear. It's little more than a "wait for the numbers to slowly creep up on their own" feature then.

With inventory, you're getting new items every few minutes or seconds even, so it was clear that needed automation right away. This feature is going to be about 1 new card/hour. So i'm going without filters/sorting on launch. If it turns out flipping through 25 or so cards each day is too much added work, then we'll see. But I anticipate it's only a 2 minute task to figure out which cards stay and which get used.

I was talking about visual filters, not something that automatically trashes the cards. i.e. a toggle that hides all cards except cards of type X, for example.

I think some sort of sorting mechanism is important. It's not just about identifying new cards, it's about managing existing cards that you want to use but haven't built up the resources to use yet.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
but if they become invisible and not trashed... how do you trash them then?

I don't think I get it.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

something posted:

but if they become invisible and not trashed... how do you trash them then?

I don't think I get it.

The same concept of filtering perks/wishes, but for cards.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
You filter for "everything with Crappy rarity" and then trash them from there. It's more a temporary way to look for specific things in your collection than something that you'd set permanently.

While we're at it, how about inventory filters so that I can, say, see just the things that give Wandoos Speed?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Definitely not able to happen for inventory but for cards it's something i'll consider. as it is, this update is coming in two days so it isn't gonna happen for it on launch, sorry.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

just awakened the beast
managed to figure out the hints without spoilers
messed up my rebirths three times in a row though

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Yes, caught the update with less than 10 minutes before I can murder the titan in question. Time to throw cards at my problems.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
Oooh QP fruit. That'll help.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Bedurndurn posted:

Oooh QP fruit. That'll help.

I don't think it'll help that much, last I checked it was only worth about 1 major quest worth of QP.

[edit]
What is a "chonker" card? I'm unfamiliar with that word but I assume it means "somehow better than average or otherwise unique/special"

New Yorp New Yorp fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jan 24, 2020

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
In the modern internet meme lingo, it means "fat".

I think it's for cards that have a big effect but also a cost proportionate to that?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Oh man, so much new fruit and perks and quirks.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Oh wow thats a lot of new perks quirks wishes. Glad i have been saving op and qp for well over a month!

Bit surprised at the seed costs for the Mayo fruits.
Half s year of accumulating seeds with maxxed fruits and i could only max 2 mayo fruits, so 1 YEAR to max the remaining 4?

Also a bug, i assigned e/m/3 to a wish and it said i i had used a wish slot yet no wish started training and the timer did not tick down. Could not find a wish to remove resources from so i had to r+t+f to get my resources back. Could not reproduce bug.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Ineptitude posted:

Also a bug, i assigned e/m/3 to a wish and it said i i had used a wish slot yet no wish started training and the timer did not tick down. Could not find a wish to remove resources from so i had to r+t+f to get my resources back. Could not reproduce bug.

Do you have finished wishes filtered out? I had a couple that did not un-assign resources correctly when they completed and I had to un-filter my wishes to find them and recover the resources.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007
I've got another 40 minutes to unlock cards and went to play with the new perks/quirks/wishes, and while perks/quirks are working like normal in that I can't buy the card ones since cards aren't unlocked, I can start on the card wishes. Not sure if thats a bug or not but its the first time I've been able to do something for a feature that isn't unlocked yet.

pelao
Apr 21, 2010
Is idle killing Exile not good enough? I still have insufficient gas :(

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

pelao posted:

Is idle killing Exile not good enough? I still have insufficient gas :(

You have to use the item that the Exile drops

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
hey open request to those with cards unlocked to please post yer best/funniest randomly generated cards

tia

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007
Hey maybe this is a dumb question but, uh, how do you use the black marker?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

something posted:

hey open request to those with cards unlocked to please post yer best/funniest randomly generated cards

tia

Triumphantly smashed raven of fealty. Imagining a bird that drunkenly flies up to you and drops off the latest shiny it found because you befriended it with beer.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Crusty Speedchunk's Nemesis Kumquat

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Anfauglir posted:

Hey maybe this is a dumb question but, uh, how do you use the black marker?

automatically

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

something posted:

tia

I know card bonuses are random, but I had an "okay" wish card that gave a 2% bonus and a "great" one that gave a 1% bonus. That seems really off. Is that value generated based on mayo required? Like a "great" card that costs 3 mayo will give 1%, an "okay" card that costs 6 will give 2%, but a "great" card that costs 6 mayo give, like, 2.2%? It's not "better cards will cost more mayo and thus have higher bonuses", but "better cards that cost the same amount of mayo as lesser cards will, in general, have higher bonuses", is that accurate?

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

something posted:

Definitely not able to happen for inventory but for cards it's something i'll consider. as it is, this update is coming in two days so it isn't gonna happen for it on launch, sorry.

TWO DAYS ???
gently caress I just got to PPPL what do I do to rush for new content o fuk

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
So uh, why did all the existing stuff in the sellout shop get moved around?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Jabor posted:

So uh, why did all the existing stuff in the sellout shop get moved around?

got bigger

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

I don't know about yer fancy cards or whatever but I just finally beat UUG (yay, got a couple good drops already too!) and got to laugh at a bunch of new ITOPOD characters including some the forums will appreciate. A good day!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hello other UUG friend, I'm in about the same spot, little further though in that my rings are about level 65 on average.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Cobalt60 posted:

TWO DAYS ???
gently caress I just got to PPPL what do I do to rush for new content o fuk

Hah, yeah, I'm about there as well. A little bit ahead, since I'm currently idling in it to drop-farm gear while at work, but the new stuff seems so, so far away still.

Except the QP Fruit. Very glad to see that around. Now just need a QP Digger to go with it. :v: