Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

I think that woman might be legit just after a casual scroll through her twitter history from before said event. I don't know.

To be honest I think it would have probably been a better play to make no comment on the Joe Rogan endorsement. No need to reject it, but maybe don't proudly display it through your official Twitter account either. It's not going to be the end of the world but its a strategic misstep -- it was getting plenty of play with the people who liked Joe Rogan without that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

AsInHowe posted:

More emojis in profile name = KHive

Looking at her timeline she was a BernieBro until now.

It's understandable, I think it's dumb and self-defeating to not vote for him in the primary because of this when there's nobody better, but I get it.

Uncle Wemus posted:

drat now I have no choice but to vote for trump.

Eh she doesn't believe that

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ring_Sheryl/status/1220523839836315651

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
The firing squad is all well and good until suddenly you're the one who is failing the purity test, huh guys?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

This person is a moron.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

VitalSigns posted:

It's understandable, I think it's dumb and self-defeating to not vote for him in the primary because of this when there's nobody better, but I get it.

Eh she doesn't believe that

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ring_Sheryl/status/1220523839836315651

Sounds like a political mastermind. I love being forced to read these peoples' inane takes every single day for the next 10 months and we get this over worth.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Interweb posted:

tweets like this make me paranoid how many supposedly 'liberal' people are rightwing plants trying to sow discord:

https://twitter.com/Ring_Sheryl/status/1220496027733590016

I can't believe this is a real person because "someone who has been transphobic in the past endorsed him" is not a valid or sane reason to stop supporting the most feminist, pro-trans-rights candidate that's ever existed, when there is nobody anywhere close in the field besides.

What a ridiculous take, I'm sure it's a bot or a trollfarm.

How are u posted:

The firing squad is all well and good until suddenly you're the one who is failing the purity test, huh guys?

lmao you are trying so, so hard.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

How are u posted:

Nah, gently caress off.

Holding politicians accountable for their decisions doesn't suddenly become lovely when those politicians are people I broadly agree with.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

How are u posted:

Mmmm yes, Bernie's really hurting from "losing" a handful of voters who weren't actually going to vote for him anyway, while gaining thousands more.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

How are u posted:

No one's interested in whinging about purity from a right-winger desperately trying to front themselves as left.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

I think that woman might be legit just after a casual scroll through her twitter history from before said event. I don't know.

To be honest I think it would have probably been a better play to make no comment on the Joe Rogan endorsement. No need to reject it, but maybe don't proudly display it through your official Twitter account either. It's not going to be the end of the world but its a strategic misstep -- it was getting plenty of play with the people who liked Joe Rogan without that.

You're right that that would have been the better approach but this person and people in her twitter feed are upset that Bernie isn't going full blast on Rogan. What they want is for Bernie to denounce Rogan and reject Rogan's vote, because in their view to do otherwise is to abandon trans rights and/or deny their personhood.

Bernie is pretty unlikely to do that so :shrug:

Edit: Goddamn this woman tweets over 100 times a day. 80,000 tweets since Feb 2018. Some of these people need to learn how to log off.

Wicked Them Beats fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jan 24, 2020

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Mekchu posted:

Nah. I think calling out dumbshits joking about people being "date rape enthusiasts" actually is a good thing.
It is but I wouldn't call what you're doing "pro posting," either.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Bri isn't talking specifically about the Rogan thing here but it applies:

https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1220567044111896576

selec
Sep 6, 2003

How are u posted:

It’s fine.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Some of these people need to learn how to log off.

And we have our new thread title for Tuesday

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This poo poo would make more sense if Rogan was endorsing Bernie for his transphobic policies but he's not, he's endorsing him because he also believes in M4A. Rogan is a loving idiot but loving idiots still get to vote and a lot of idiots listen to him. I'd rather have them motivated about M4A and voting for Bernie then rejecting them and letting Trump attract them with bigotry.

Also MMA is cool.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

empty whippet box posted:

I can't believe this is a real person because "someone who has been transphobic in the past endorsed him" is not a valid or sane reason to stop supporting the most feminist, pro-trans-rights candidate that's ever existed, when there is nobody anywhere close in the field besides.

What a ridiculous take, I'm sure it's a bot or a trollfarm.

Knowing this person from the online baseball world, I can tell you it's sincere and in line with their prior behavior.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

https://twitter.com/juliancastro/status/1204849703663394819?lang=en

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Cpt_Obvious posted:

So, like, is anyone else aware Benghazi 2 got permabanned? After that big blowup earlier? Is there somewhere else I should be looking for more info on this?
She got banned for back-talking PPJ before he was outed as a Nazi. The fact that he was outed as a Nazi seems to have had no bearing on anything. The mod cabal got together and decided that her permaban should remain because they don't like her and Jack Daniels permaban should be reversed because they like him. Apropos of nothing the mod cabal also mostly liked PPJ :shrug: Jeffrey's reasoning on it is exactly what you'd expect because Jeffrey is a shithead and shouldn't be an admin. Basically par for the course on these forums right now.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Look I'm not trying to continue or start any verboten conversations but what's this about PPJ being a nazi?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 11 minutes!

VitalSigns posted:

It's the usual lefty splitter bullshit. Rogan is nothing compared to the people who will ultimately endorse Bernie when he's the nominee, including such notes ghouls as "I fight for banks" Biden, "record # of deportations" Obama and "just straight up openly a transphobic bigot" Hillary. If you bail now based on endorsements or ads or whatever then you were going to bail eventually anyway.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Look I'm not trying to continue or start any verboten conversations but what's this about PPJ being a nazi?

Seriously, how did I miss this? Is there a thread I can read to watch this unfold? I’m shocked but intrigued.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 11 minutes!
It's also a good time to remind ourselves that politics Twitter isn't real life. The kind of dipshits that will be swayed by the Rogan endorsement aren't going to show up in our feeds.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He was spying on super secret Nazi discord (a rust discord that advertised on the forums with Nazi images) and feeding info to the mods. Except no one can provide useful evidence of what he did and he was caught laughing it up at really racist poo poo with the Nazis.

The lesson the mods learned from this is that the posters who don't like Nazis are a bunch of rabble rousers and they should suck up to the bigots instead by unbanning Jack Daniels.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Mahoning posted:

Seriously, how did I miss this? Is there a thread I can read to watch this unfold? I’m shocked but intrigued.

IIRC this thread is where it started: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909720&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1
But here's where things really caught fire: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909802

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

He posted Nazi poo poo on a Nazi board. He claimed he was doing it as a bit but then the Nazis posted proof that he was, at the very least, very committed to the bit. BENGHAZI 2 was perma'd for telling him to gently caress off and her extensive post history of telling Nazis to gently caress off was provided as proof that she should be permabanned.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oh, and then people asked for more transparency in mod decisions, were rejected, and almost instantly proven right by JD getting unbanned even though he allowed transphobia and targeted harassment in fyad.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

I'm sure if he endorsed Bernie that he would be forgiven.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

3rdEyeDeuteranopia posted:

I'm sure if he endorsed Bernie that he would be forgiven.

lmao you are trying so, so hard.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If JD gets tricked into voting for Sanders like Rogan I'm not going to stop him, doesn't mean I want to post with him.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's weird I don't think there is really such a thing as "accepting" an endorsement. You thank people for their support. There's official endorsements where you make someone a campaign surrogate, but that's different.

This reminds me of Obama being attacked for being endorsed by Farrakhan

What's funny is I saw the endorsement quote because it was retweeted by a middle Eastern transwoman I follow. Of course this isn't a monolithic group where everyone has the same opinions.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jan 24, 2020

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

It's weird I don't think there is really such a thing as "accepting" an endorsement. You thank people for their support. There's official endorsements where you make someone a campaign surrogate, but that's different.

Did Obama thank Farrakhan for his endorsement or promote it in the media? Honestly don't know and am curious, maybe I'm overreacting to this.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No. Probably cause he's an extremely fringe figure used only as a bogeymam

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

https://twitter.com/ebruenig/status/1220548557213704192?s=20

John Wick of Dogs posted:

It's just an extension of the Bernie Bro narrative and the constant demand that Bernie apologize for the perceived slights attributed to his supporters. They can't find anything to hit Bernie with so going forward every time anyone of any note says "I'm voting for Bernie" they're going to dig up every dumbass thing that person has ever said and demand that Bernie apologize for all of it. They just struck gold this time because Rogan is an incredibly dumb person who says a lot of incredibly dumb things.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
All you have to know about how sincere these people are with regards to this whole Rogan thing is that all the other democratic campaigns asked to go on his show.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

joepinetree posted:

All you have to know about how sincere these people are with regards to this whole Rogan thing is that all the other democratic campaigns asked to go on his show.

For real? is there a link for that? Bernie stans should be blasting that back at them

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

For real? is there a link for that? Bernie stans should be blasting that back at them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERTHdLiEXtc

First few seconds of this video.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
It's Michael Tracey, who sucks and is extremely dumb, but I'm guessing he was listening to the episode:

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1218404694248300544

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
If bernie wins the election, it's not going to be because of his views on transgender rights. In fact, lots of sanders voters will be transphobes. I don't want to say that that's ok, but it's just the reality we live in. Give people economic security and hey, what do you know, suddenly voting on their bigoted viewpoints doesn't matter. It's just pragmatic. Sanders is an ally to the LGBTQ community, so voting for anyone but him is dumb and you should be glad that Bernie's appeal is so good that people who aren't as socially progressive as you are willing to come along for the ride

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

you either win with various people who have retrograde views on a number of issues or you lose without them, there's no third choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/NewBlackScholar/status/1220520868692086789?s=20

wine mom twitter heard the alarm