Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/CrazyDogSpirit/status/1220566840067461121

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/datashade/status/1220198019754315776?s=20

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
If you want Rogans audience to reject transphobia you need someone they trust to lead them on rejecting transphobia

Joe Rogan saying trust Bernie is a good way to start doing that

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

ok Mack I got the same message and I was gonna was your Christmas dinner at your Christmas break I was in a lot going on a long time and I didn’t know it had been to anything that was over.

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power

Harrow posted:

I've also seen some Very Smart People cite the 1972 election, pointing out that Bernie could be McGovern 2.0--getting the nomination after leading the charge on reforming the nomination process after the previous primary, running to the left of the rest of the party, and getting utterly annihilated. These people are Very Smart because they can't think much more deeply than "McGovern ran to the left and lost, therefore it will always happen," and ignore just about every other factor (Nixon's popularity, McGovern's weird running mate scandal and shuffle, etc.).

Ohhh. I just read David Sirota's (2008) take on this. When I get home I'll look it up and share it with the class

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1220567449554341888?s=19

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I think it would be really dumb for Bernie and his campaign not to take the opportunity of reaching millions of potential voters they might not otherwise. Remaking the Democratic party means letting in lots of working class people, some of whom might have regressive views at first. Call me optimistic but I think basically anyone in Rogan's audience with a proclivity for it could be swayed away from transphobia, antisemitism, etc. Relinquishing them to the alt-right because the optics aren't woke is political suicide and would all but guarantee the Democratic party being crystallized as the party of woke urban professionals.

Yeah it's this. We can safely jettison the tiny minority of loud morons who want to follow-police Bernie. Same is true of the dipshits who complained about the FOX town hall.

unmeidestiny
Sep 25, 2009

UP AND ADAM posted:

It's so hosed. We are so hosed. In terms of twitter posts at least half of it is bad faith trolling from libs who despise Bernie, but still. This kind of voter is so discouraging.

Too many voters treat politicians as a lifestyle brand. They don't like that the alpha dumb jock bro guy endorsed Bernie and probably can't stand the idea that other lunkheads will vote for Bernie too because of this.

unmeidestiny
Sep 25, 2009

lmao

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

glad he calls chips 'chips' like a normal person

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Uh guys I don't like this turn from the Bernster

https://mobile.twitter.com/theonion/status/608038331935367168?lang=en

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Feldegast42 posted:

I think it's worth pointing out that despite hearing from some real reactionary fuckos and Bernie he still ultimately choose Bernie. If he listened more to the alt-right guests he probably wouldn't have enforced any democrat or at most he would have endorced Tulsi.

yeah, he's a meathead but I don't get the feeling he's actively malicious, just kinda...easily led

hoping this is part of a larger outreach campaign to folks like this, and that it features some real leadership from Bernie to actually change minds, because as it stands for me, this feels a little too much like the poo poo dems did with racist shits back in the day

i don't think I'm as personally gung ho about this as the rest of the thread, since he really has been very publicly lovely to trans folks. that's not poo poo that can be tolerated, but im not gonna sweat it as Bernie's folks have been so loving good so far, ill assume theyve got this until proven otherwise

Edit:

spacemang_spliff posted:

If you want Rogans audience to reject transphobia you need someone they trust to lead them on rejecting transphobia

Joe Rogan saying trust Bernie is a good way to start doing that

Basically this.

Azathoth has issued a correction as of 05:49 on Jan 24, 2020

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

unmeidestiny posted:

Too many voters treat politicians as a lifestyle brand. They don't like that the alpha dumb jock bro guy endorsed Bernie and probably can't stand the idea that other lunkheads will vote for Bernie too because of this.

They'll fall in line and then act like they were they were on the winning side all along, it's fine

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Wow a lot of Bernie Bros coming out against Joe Rogan, one of the prime examples of of simpleton representation in media, but I’ll call it for what it is - Ableism.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

shed better do it quick before he starts losing

unmeidestiny
Sep 25, 2009

Rogan is the Bernard Brother of myth, the one that was foretold

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'd love to see her endorse Bernie only for their reactions.

they all will in a few months

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

trump's win was a statistical fluke and none of the current dem candidates are loathed by independents the way hillary was, because none of them have been the target of right-wing ire for literally decades. that having been said, there are absolutely no guarantees, except with Bernie, who will win by being good at politics and also at being a human being.

models based on approval rating and the state of the economy predicted it would be very close, and it was. looks like those models are predicting another close election. yes, hillary had unique liabilities, but characterizing that election as a statistical fluke is just wrong

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/libcomorg/status/1220501132201668612

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

loving coward

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

https://twitter.com/Wilson__Valdez/status/1220542848296259586

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

After her attack of him in the debate with the segregated busing, holy moly that's some succ

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

to put it another way, joe rogans podcast with bernie has 10,977,701 views. in the 2016 primary, bernie sanders received 13,206,428 votes.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

lib cops dot org

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

loving lol stay mad

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'd rather have Bernie convincing bigots to vote for M4A then reject them and let them go to Trump.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Taintrunner posted:

loving lol stay mad

the AAPI endorsement stunt was a goddamn debacle, from being stocked with the most annoying twitter check marks to people pointing out that’s it’s pretty lacking in the PI (Pacific Islander) status with just 2 fitting the bill

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/1220554893221457921?s=20

:boom:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Hilario Baldness posted:

After her attack of him in the debate with the segregated busing, holy moly that's some succ

it's also kinda weird given that one of the reasons she dropped out was that running for president was hurting her standing in California

i don't necessarily think that this is a planted story, it could just as easily be a trial balloon to see how much outrage it causes, but holy crap if she did that AND he didn't give her VP AND they didn't win, that would be a guaranteed primary challenge in 2022

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
who here ran getfiscal off

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

unmeidestiny posted:

If these people are crying about Rogan this much, then they should be crying about the independents and republicans who like or would otherwise support Bernie. I agree with Eli's stance but it's like do you understand the bigger picture and what's at stake?

lol I was thinking that graph was more fuel for the MB's troll argument against the win against trump crowd.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Serf posted:

cenkghazi ain't going away!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

the problematic endorsements just keep rolling in :ohdear:

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

whaley posted:

who here ran getfiscal off

loyal Americans fighting foreign influencer in our elections

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Taintrunner posted:

loving coward

This "backlash" absolutely doesn't matter. What would matter is his campaign looking flighty and unprincipled by apologising or retracting anything. Let's hope they just ignore it for the requisite 1-2 days.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
what is these people’s theory of bigotry, do they think that some people are just Evil and will never change and so it’s worthless to try and reach out to them?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Yudo posted:

The loving Rogan interview has nearly 11m views on youtube. It has lots of replies like:

NYT has the blood of thousands on their hands for chearleeding the Iraq war. Same with WaPo, broadcast news and cable news. Joe Rogan is a meathead. Only the latter is "problematic". Makes you think.

really when it comes to laundering far-right ideas by giving demagogues a platform to spread their filth to a trusting and uncritical audience its hard to think of a worse offender than the new york times

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Getting word that father Coughlin has endorsed bernie. This is, not good.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Taintrunner posted:

loving lol stay mad

this is just the bleating about fox town halls with a new coat of paint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GT2EOL13Wo&hd=1