Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
My lovely plant id app pinged this as lantana montevedisis for 2/3 and the third one looked nothing like the photo so I’m pretty sure I should get down there and deal with it just in case

There’s not a lot of it but I’m worried now I’ve pulled out a bunch of the helio whatever growing around the place that looks and acts a lot like it and it’s just gonna take over

Other plant I forgot the name of for reference

The flowers made me look it up and it’s not marked as kill on sight but its not native and it’s pretty and I don’t want to be the dumb poo poo to give it a foothold bc pretty flowers. It’s also super toxic to livestock and while I hate horses I’d feel bad if it crept into the paddock and the dumb fucks ate it and died

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jan 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The magazine for my University Student Union had a story written by someone who found a whole bunch of drug dealers money by the side of the road. She handed it into the cops and no one came to claim it (of course) so she used that money to go to Disneyland.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

The magazine for my University Student Union had a story written by someone who found a whole bunch of drug dealers money by the side of the road. She handed it into the cops and no one came to claim it (of course) so she used that money to go to Disneyland.

Drug dealers are basically philanthropists imo

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Dude McAwesome posted:

Drug dealers are basically philanthropists imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IJCFc_qkHw

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

oh my god there is a LOT of this poo poo taking off after the rain

welp

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

She handed it into the cops and no one came to claim it (of course) so she used that money to go to Disneyland.

She should have used it to buy drugs.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Lolie posted:

She should have used it to buy drugs.

This was when she was a kid so she was too young for drugs.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
I watched the australian shows on Stan

The Commons is terrible. The climate driven apocalypse setting is interesting at first but the acting and script are days of our lives soap opera level. by the end I didn't give a poo poo

The Gloaming is way better. Two episodes in but it's atmospheric. about 100 times more literate than The Commons. Tasmania kicking NSWs arse

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I went to uni with one of the Nowhere Boys, he hooked me up with the best weed i've had in melbourne

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007
Old mate over in the Emirates posted us this lovely *not lovely* Australia Day banner

This school is Riddled with susssss Australian teachers. Real suss. And this kangaroo definitely does not acknowledge any Torres Strait or other flags and I have been told they drive a bus and teach RE too. :(

*Won’t let us post a pic let’s see if this works*

LTE trying for 10 minutes aaaahh

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
JobActive has determined you only a partial sex pest and as such you must teach for 15-21 hours per week

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Isaac posted:

JobActive has determined you only a partial sex pest and as such you must teach for 15-21 hours per week

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

My friend is a paramedic and was called to a job at 5am in Sydney park.

Some dude with about 3 grams of ice, no clothes at all and a duffle bag full of dildos

He was arguing with the cops why ISNT he allowed to get his rocks off in the bushes because they're all consenting adults?

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

:tif:

ili
Jul 26, 2003

How many dongas do you do?
I'll chuck down 22 for you.

ili fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jan 24, 2020

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Laserface posted:

Some dude with about 3 grams of ice, no clothes at all and a duffle bag full of dildos

He was arguing with the cops why ISNT he allowed to get his rocks off in the bushes because they're all consenting adults?

A fair point really.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Burn a point, climb into the dufflebag naked and roll yourself down a big grassy hill. Solo chemsex fuckfest.

Drove up Bells Line today. Pretty grim but the green shoots are just starting to show

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
mods please change my name to Solo chemsex fuckfest

just officially signed on full time at my work today. Not quite the salary I was looking for but 3% a year increase is OK and it means I can stress a bit less signing a lease in this hellhole of a city

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

not quite as good as the guy who wants to gently caress the bushes, but the other night at work in a DHS property we had a guy burn his kitchen down by leaving a lasagna in the oven

he was passed out as gently caress when we rocked up, took a while to get him conscious, breathing and eventually talking

ambos are questioning him “hey mate did you get any smoke inhalation?”

old mate: “only from the bongs I ripped earlier” and starts laughing maniacally

what a legend

queef anxiety posted:

mods please change my name to Solo chemsex fuckfest

just officially signed on full time at my work today. Not quite the salary I was looking for but 3% a year increase is OK and it means I can stress a bit less signing a lease in this hellhole of a city

congrats on the wage security. it really does help with the peace of mind!

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

queef anxiety posted:

hellhole of a city

Need to be more specific

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Airstream Driver posted:

Need to be more specific

mel bum

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

queef anxiety posted:

A fair point really.

well it was near the play equipment.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Laserface posted:

well it was near the play equipment.

fair enough thats a bit how ya goin at least keep to the dog walking trails

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

My lovely plant id app pinged this as lantana montevedisis for 2/3 and the third one looked nothing like the photo so I’m pretty sure I should get down there and deal with it just in case

There’s not a lot of it but I’m worried now I’ve pulled out a bunch of the helio whatever growing around the place that looks and acts a lot like it and it’s just gonna take over

Other plant I forgot the name of for reference

The flowers made me look it up and it’s not marked as kill on sight but its not native and it’s pretty and I don’t want to be the dumb poo poo to give it a foothold bc pretty flowers. It’s also super toxic to livestock and while I hate horses I’d feel bad if it crept into the paddock and the dumb fucks ate it and died

More pics of native plants plz.

Dealing with invasive plants and animals is the only time an Aussie is allowed to be a xenophobic shithead so I say kill em all (starting with the roses, affection of imperialist scum each and every one of them).

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Outrail posted:

Dealing with invasive plants and animals is the only time an Aussie is allowed to be a xenophobic shithead so I say kill em all (starting with the roses, affection of imperialist scum each and every one of them).

i'm probably going to take the cam-er-ah out with me this arvo when I go to pull up some of the worst patches to get some good photos but tbh most of my faves around the place aren't natives either. Roses in particular kind of own to grow i've found. I get why people like em. Most of the native stuff is concentrated around the heavy tree cover, which I want to build up as a general critter home, but I'm still trying to figure out what natives I want to put in down the bottom for a firebreak

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Pretty much anything native that comes from a seed won't make a good fire break. What state are you in?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I think the misso was thinking of Silky Oak between us and the back paddock but I'm not 100% up on the specific planning, I just move the dirt around and murder an entire species of plant without question when my local council (aka the most trustable branch of government) tells me to do so

I finally found a fairly reliable source confirming the lantana is toxic to roos and wallabies so I'm not even gonna feel bad getting up in its loving business bc next time its dry the dumb cunts are absolutely gonna have a crack at it and best case scenario I have a yard covered in rancid kangaroo diarrhoea and vomit. The main thing is I want to find a nice native ground cover to throw around in my wake to discourage any seeds that shake loose from the enemy to try again so any recs for that would go a long way. I'm in SEQ, about 90 minutes in from the coast or so

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jan 24, 2020

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
advance australian ants

@kharnifex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdEmJ3mwPw0

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I was going to come up all clever with a bunch of plant recommendations but I know gently caress all about QLD. Bottlebrush are nice and animals love em? There's also some nice banksias that grown on the ground, might be some that'll live up around your area?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Outrail posted:

I have a small bonsai garden of natives, I'll get some pics for you

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
My wife loves lantana flowers, we are really lucky in that they grow really feebly in our lovely soil so theres never anything more than a tiny shrub to chuck in the green bin.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Katoomba is coated in dust from yesterday, its loving everywhere

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I think it must be a specific kind of lovely soil you have bc it seems to thrive in the shittier parts of my garden where very little comes up bc the topsoil is so sandy for whatever reason, in the nicer richer parts of the garden it seems to get outbid for water by stuff I’ve been putting in

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

tardwrangler posted:

Katoomba is coated in dust from yesterday, its loving everywhere

You back up here?
It’s been like that a couple of times over summer and then there was the dust from the ash and smoke. It’s been pretty hosed for summer really.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

If you have a local landcare group they should be able to help you pick out some appropriate species. Failing that the cunts at NPSR or whatever the gently caress they're called this week should be reasonably helpful. Just chuck an email at their general address explaining how much area you want to reveg and if there's any fauna corridors or other poo poo in the area, the local staff have been p good imo. Also I guess you can see if greening australia are doing anything up there, I used to have some involvement in some lantana removal and reveg programs they did for us a bit further north. But they don't work for free so maybe not so helpful.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Laserface posted:

Had someone on ice run across the highway naked last week outside work and one of my coworkers starts calling the cops and another one says to her "why are you calling them the oval office made it across the highway better than i do most nights. the cops will just shoot him anyway leave him in peace." as this guy ran into some bushes screaming after dodging 8 lanes of peak hour traffic. i just did not expect to hear anything like that from a coworker so it was pretty wild.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Figs scribblies pandanus and palms do well here. Everything else struggles, the mango has only fruited once in 10 years and everything else requires regular ferti.ising just to survive.
And yes, lantana will eventually take over then completely fill the scenic rim. Be thankful you dont get stinking rodger or crofton

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

ili posted:

If you have a local landcare group they should be able to help you pick out some appropriate species. Failing that the cunts at NPSR or whatever the gently caress they're called this week should be reasonably helpful. Just chuck an email at their general address explaining how much area you want to reveg and if there's any fauna corridors or other poo poo in the area, the local staff have been p good imo. Also I guess you can see if greening australia are doing anything up there, I used to have some involvement in some lantana removal and reveg programs they did for us a bit further north. But they don't work for free so maybe not so helpful.

these are all good recs if the old dude who runs the local nursery that always wears a brown button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up, stubbies, and a russel coight hat doesn't have anything good for me

tardwrangler posted:

And yes, lantana will eventually take over then completely fill the scenic rim

I'm thankful its not as bad here as it is on the east side of the region, I called my father-in-law who has been living like a hermit on a scrubby 10 acre joint at tambourine for decades now for advice bc I know he's been struggling with it and when I said we were dealing with it here he got more serious than i've ever heard him in my entire life

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jan 24, 2020

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Landcare is full of the best people and is a cultural icon
I love practical hippies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
In someones really nice airbnb drinking expensive piss and about to get stuck into their seafood pile