Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Kiger_Soze posted:

Got my ballot in the mail today, I'm hyped!!

:ohdear: i hope you fill it out for bernie sanders :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
It is time for Bernie Sanders to walk back his wage slavery remarks...and rebrand it wage cuckery

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLvrYz4Hpzg

ders

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

bernie sanders

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
Barnyard Sandydogs

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Berning makes me feel good

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
I’m voting for Bernie. Are you?

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

SorePotato posted:

This isn't 2016, this is the year of the Bernard

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

i severely object to 2/3 of this picture

hoagie and laverne do not deserve such treatment :mad:

dat bernard bernsanders tho :3:

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Jascum posted:

I’m voting for Bernie. Are you?

yes

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Day Three Trip Report I Wiped Out On The Ice Onto My Own rear end that is all

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Gunshow Poophole posted:

are you sure it wasn't a pusher robot

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

bernie

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Warren assassins????????????????

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
canvas via dogsled

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer

One More Fat Nerd posted:

If (WHEN) he wins Iowa, the media will literally spend a month talking about SC and nothing else, as its the most likely place after Iowa for Biden to get a win. And if Biden does win SC, (still very likely) they'll talk about him as the frontrunner, regardless of delegate count. They will get more desperate and absurd before they give in, if they ever do.

I'm hoping that Tom Steyer somehow gets a lot of Biden votes, and Bernie squeaks with a second place after Tom.

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Iodised QQ posted:

I am voting for bernie Sanders and can't be convinced otherwise.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Corky Romanovsky posted:

canvas via dogsled

no joke I had some grippy things that I strapped onto my bean boots and didn't take a single tumble the rest of the day

nearly didn't make it up the hill on the drive home both last night and tonight, it's real poo poo out lol

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
stay safe, gunshow poophole

thank you for your service :bernget20:

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
Bernie Bernie Bernie

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
I wish I quit my job sooner so I could've knocked doors in nh

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Gunshow Poophole posted:

no joke I had some grippy things that I strapped onto my bean boots and didn't take a single tumble the rest of the day

nearly didn't make it up the hill on the drive home both last night and tonight, it's real poo poo out lol

idk about Sioux City but we're supposed to get a bunch of snow tonight in Des Moines, stay safe out there brother

Best canvass visit I had today was an incredibly sweet lady in her 60s who told me what a nice young man I was and that her whole household would be caucusing for Bernie, and then reached out of her door to pull the mail out of the box. The most prominent object there was a Biden mailer and I still can not believe the level of contempt that flashed across her face. poo poo owned

We also got pulled off canvassing early to hang out in someone's nice living room and listen to Michael Lightey and Alex Lawson talk and they are so fuckin cool. We are going to win

e: vvv lmao vvv

TheIncredulousHulk has issued a correction as of 05:44 on Jan 24, 2020

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
e lmao holy poo poo perfect timing here

curious to hear how TheIncredulousHulk is doing as well

we got that snow all day today, it was wet and lovely and hard and I'm really hoping it doesn't re freeze tonight

Gunshow Poophole has issued a correction as of 05:42 on Jan 24, 2020

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/CinematicZodiac/status/1220467919299043328?s=20

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Does a delegates understander know what it would take to do this? Like, by what % would he have to win each race?

As I type it I realize he'd have to get 50%+1 to not go to a brokered convention I guess

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Kaedric posted:

Does a delegates understander know what it would take to do this? Like, by what % would he have to win each race?

As I type it I realize he'd have to get 50%+1 to not go to a brokered convention I guess

The rules state you need to get 15% or more to get delegates. For caucuses, that means people reallocate their vote until no candidate has less than 15% or those supporters give up and leave. Then delegates are awarded to the surviving candidates, and selected representatives go to a county convention to caucus the same way, then again at the state convention.

Primary states, iirc, it is a state wide primary (typically just one vote, Maine might have IRV in primaries now?) where the delegate total gets locked down, then they have county and state conventions to pick the people to fill the delegate slots for who goes to the national convention.

So Bernie could get 50%+1 with ~35% in primary states, caucuses are a little more messy.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
I forgot how terribly exhausting participating in the political process can be, so I deeply respect one Binyamin Senderowitz and his lonely crusade against the accumulated might of capital.

Edit: I need to take the weekend off. Also, my friends, please do not hurt yourselves with alcohol (al-ghul, the devil's drink). I read the horror stories in the nurses' thread over in The Goon Doctor and my god it is not a pretty way to die. Let's elect Bernie and legalize weed/lsd/shrooms so cheap edibles and free therapy are available to all.

Strep Vote has issued a correction as of 06:15 on Jan 24, 2020

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Bernie bueno

Burn Zone has issued a correction as of 06:44 on Jan 24, 2020

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Burn Zone posted:

Bernie bueno

nice!

paqxo
Jan 2, 2020
Wen to GOTV training tonight in South Carolina, we're gonna win this thing

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Woah, CNN too:

https://twitter.com/_ericblanc/status/1220448328065998862

Biden's polling numbers are largely made up of people supporting whoever the news shows tell them is the winner.

So once again, everything's coming up Bernie.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Burn Zone posted:

Bernie bueno

By Allah, I will replicate this with AOC on Sunday with the toque

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i've got a bernie boner and it refuses to go limp!

who else here has a big bernie boner right now ?!??!

*crickets*

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

i've got a bernie boner and it refuses to go limp!

who else here has a big bernie boner right now ?!??!

*crickets*

Your priapism will be covered by Medicare for All

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1220486684829265920

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

xerxus posted:

I'm hoping that Tom Steyer somehow gets a lot of Biden votes, and Bernie squeaks with a second place after Tom.

I've knocked over 700 doors in SC since thanksgiving and have yet to meet a single person IRL who even mentioned Biden's name.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I'm all the dipshit Republicans in the replies completely failing to understand the symbolism of a guillotine and saying this is vindication for Trump

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

I'm all the dipshit Republicans in the replies completely failing to understand the symbolism of a guillotine and saying this is vindication for Trump

Yeah I'm sure all those people fuckin' LOVE trump after his horrible response to a hurricane has disrupted their country for years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

AOC ?