Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Yeah, Gamma was already Gamma in Zimmy's flashback where she was recruited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I always figured the Court picking them up in Birmingham wasn't their first encounter with it.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

I could imagine Gamma having a "test subject" name partially because once the special connection between her and Zimmy was noticed, she would participate in whatever the Court was doing which resulted in Zimmy being Zimmy and "subject Zeta". Like, maybe Gamma's name is partially kind of like a job title, almost? Then again I've forgotten large amounts of story beats with them so there might be a bunch of details that directly contradict this interpretation.

(Also on a more meta take Gamma might be actually named Gamma but the name just happens to line with Gamma/Zeta because it's more thematically appropriate.)

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Their real names are Zimmy Zims and Gamma Gams.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Gammas last name is Czarnecki.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I know we already have two of the same person but I don't want to discount what I will call the Bigger Gamma theory just yet.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Gnome de plume posted:

I know we already have two of the same person but I don't want to discount what I will call the Bigger Gamma theory just yet.

If we can get a confirmation that Zimmy's height hasn't changed, we can use her as our Han Solo.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

One Annie wasn't as good a heatsink as one Gamma but what about two Annies?

Gnome de plume posted:

We already have an awful father with a prosthetic arm who works for some bad people - and he's not hers.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I know Gamma probably isn't picky because she barely ever gets to sleep, but reclining on the concrete stairs like that does not look comfortable.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I wonder if Zimmy can fix this.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Darth TNT posted:

I wonder if Zimmy can fix this.

Fix, no, improve, yes :unsmigghh:

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Ditocoaf posted:

I know Gamma probably isn't picky because she barely ever gets to sleep, but reclining on the concrete stairs like that does not look comfortable.

I had completely forgotten that Gamma had some kind of a deal with sleeping; what was that about?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Hempuli posted:

I had completely forgotten that Gamma had some kind of a deal with sleeping; what was that about?

She can't sleep because then her Zimmy-dampening powers don't work. Annie can substitute for Gamma sometimes, but beyond that the specifics of their sleep schedules are unknown. Except that Zimmy never sleeps.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Obviously, what they need is a second Gamma.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

Let's ask Loup, he has experience duplicating teenage girls. What could possibly go wrong involving him.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

Ideally they need 3 Gammas to work 8 hour shifts...

Kikas posted:

She can't sleep because then her Zimmy-dampening powers don't work. Annie can substitute for Gamma sometimes, but beyond that the specifics of their sleep schedules are unknown. Except that Zimmy never sleeps.

...I have an idea.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Ragnar34 posted:

Fix, no, improve, yes :unsmigghh:

Zim zams will listen and give a Frank response. If there is poo poo to call out the zammerooni will call it, and Anniepalooza will listen because she can handle criticism for zimmytopia better than veiled threats from Paz-ion Fruit.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Zimmy actually seems somewhat well adjusted right now. It’s kind of strange to see her just hanging out and listening to a story. I’m expecting some snark next update to balance things out.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It honestly seems reasonable that Zimmy thrives now that the Court is in chaos.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

It honestly seems reasonable that Zimmy thrives now that the Court is in chaos.

The court probably doesn't have time to experiment with ripping ether from the air for their Omega Device, what with having to assign security details and buff out their gardening divisions.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Kikas posted:

Gamma can probably take a small nap if she needs to, judging by things like Divine, before things get really otu of control. Any instance of rain might also free up the schedule a bit.

I hope something happens for Gamma eventually, girl deserves more rest and it'd probably improve zimmy's life too

Divine's a really good chapter btw, thought you guys should know

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Warmachine posted:

Ideally they need 3 Gammas to work 8 hour shifts...

...I have an idea.

Infinite Annies on infinite Court?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Aww look it's just 3.5 weird buddies hanging out.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

rannum posted:

I hope something happens for Gamma eventually, girl deserves more rest and it'd probably improve zimmy's life too

I leafed through The Torn Sea recently to look for Tom's comment where Gamma and Zimmy were mentioned as "Gamma & Zeta" (couldn't find that), and there's a page when things are still going fine on the boat where Gamma quite clearly would want to join in on the social life & dancing but Zimmy kind of wordlessly reminds her what the deal is. Based on past scenes it's not like Gamma generally has a problem with being with Zimmy, but I definitely do wish that they figure out something so that Gamma can become only a part-time Zimmy-energy-modulator (preferably so that they can still hang out. I guess the wish should be directed at Zimmy getting better instead?)

Here's the page: https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1394

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

Cat Mattress posted:

If Kat can barely handle these Annies not being "hers", I can't imagine how Zimmy might react to the same thing with Gamma haha (assuming she found that tidbit out).

Hempuli posted:

I leafed through The Torn Sea recently to look for Tom's comment where Gamma and Zimmy were mentioned as "Gamma & Zeta" (couldn't find that), and there's a page when things are still going fine on the boat where Gamma quite clearly would want to join in on the social life & dancing but Zimmy kind of wordlessly reminds her what the deal is. Based on past scenes it's not like Gamma generally has a problem with being with Zimmy, but I definitely do wish that they figure out something so that Gamma can become only a part-time Zimmy-energy-modulator (preferably so that they can still hang out. I guess the wish should be directed at Zimmy getting better instead?)

Here's the page: https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1394

Are you maybe thinking of when one of the robots called Zimmy "Subject Zeta"?

https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1400

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

catapede posted:

This one.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

catapede posted:

Welp, there we go. Gamma & Zeta!

This too! Thank you! :)

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I really want to know who the gently caress else is in Chester House.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Anja and Surma started in Chester before being moved to Queslett, IIRC.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

MikeJF posted:

Anja and Surma started in Chester before being moved to Queslett, IIRC.

Surma I get, but Anja...? Maybe that's why Kat is becoming a machine God.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I assume they were less comfortable with witchness during that period in time. Queslett seems to be 'largely normal human with a superpower' while Chester is presumably 'weird semi-human poo poo'. (And Thornhill is straight-up boring human)

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Well at least somebody's enjoying themselves during these trying times.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

"None of them forest creatures would even come near us" does not surprise me in the least.

I'm pretty sure animals would react to Zimmy like they do to vampires in "Let The Right One In."

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Warmachine posted:

"None of them forest creatures would even come near us" does not surprise me in the least.

I'm pretty sure animals would react to Zimmy like they do to vampires in "Let The Right One In."

Including the hilariously human-like CGI?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Uhhh, this doesn't sound good.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

A Sometimes Food posted:

Uhhh, this doesn't sound good.

Yea... I was happy they aren't being experimented on... But what the hell did the court get out of it they are ready to use? Some sort of Aetheric distortion bomb on Loup?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2221

https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2224

Corroboration

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Renard was next to Kat as she was doing something too.

https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2235

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Donkringel posted:

Yea... I was happy they aren't being experimented on... But what the hell did the court get out of it they are ready to use? Some sort of Aetheric distortion bomb on Loup?

The court is gonna punch Loup into the Phantom Zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Warmachine posted:

The court is gonna punch Loup into the Phantom Zone.

The court is going to force Loup to be roommates with Zimmy and Gamma.

Zimmy only THINKS the Court is done with the two of them, but the reality is they're preparing for their most sitcommy experiment yet: Two Girls and a Wolf (laughtrack).