Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

gently caress you Brazilian fascists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Stay safe Glenn

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

Max Blumenthal droppin the ball big time on opsec

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

"Considering some of the things Greenwald has said and done in the past, I believe he did it. I'd say it's about time somebody took him down a peg or two."

its from huffpo but if i said it was from the trump thread or dnd would anyone doubt it

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Percelus posted:

"Considering some of the things Greenwald has said and done in the past, I believe he did it. I'd say it's about time somebody took him down a peg or two."

its from huffpo but if i said it was from the trump thread or dnd would anyone doubt it

lol yikes

also no i wouldn't

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

also if we can't send the trump thread back to gbs can we at least stop letting them pick the iks?

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Percelus posted:

also if we can't send the trump thread back to gbs can we at least stop letting them pick the iks?

flush both trump threads

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

freckle posted:

flush both trump threads

:hmmyes:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
what cyber crimes could he even do.

Glenn can barely work a computer

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

CharlestheHammer posted:

posting

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Brazil coming for us all

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

In one of the messages between the hackers and Greenwald, Greenwald tells them to be careful about being caught and deleting messages that might lead back to them. The prosecution is arguing that that makes him a co-conspirator.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Just thought of that time Maduro prevented people from boiling sewage and the dnd thread said he was a monster for it.

Having a lol at that one again

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Lightning Knight posted:

gently caress you Brazilian fascists

and nyt facists gleefully reporting it

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Congratulations to Juan Guaidó for a successful year in power! Keep up the good work!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Echo Chamber posted:

Congratulations to Juan Guaidó for a successful year in power! Keep up the good work!

HAPPY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY
PRESIDENT GUAIDO!!!

GOOD MARKETS WILL COME TO YOU BUT ONLY IF YOU REPLY TO THIS POST WITH “LOW PRICES, FRIEND!!!”

NUMBER GO UP MANY YEARS OF PETROLDOLLAR SUCCESS AWAITS!!!!!!

THS
Sep 15, 2017

LOW PRICES, FRIEND!!!

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
https://twitter.com/Presidencia_VE/status/1220307279263731712?s=20

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://twitter.com/anyaparampil/status/1220467377629999106

lol

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

washed up nakedly grifting guaido owns ngl

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

lol imagine stanning for this pathetic imperialist jeb-like figure and not being humiliated

*becomes IK*

well ok then

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the guaidostan to d&d mod pipeline

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

next stop: CIA asset

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

comedyblissoption posted:

lol imagine stanning for this pathetic imperialist jeb-like figure and not being humiliated

*becomes IK*

well ok then

Just Ask Questions about coups for long enough and you too could launch a citizen journalism website that launders imperialism

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

lmao owned

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i miss the D&D venezeula thread, closed by the coward PPJ

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Dreylad posted:

i miss the D&D venezeula thread, closed by the coward PPJ

Did they get owned or merely memory hole it

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

ikanreed posted:

Did they get owned or merely memory hole it

it was gassed because none of us enjoyed dealing with it anymore and it was generating a disproportionate number of reports. it also was very old and had a baseline bias towards people who support intervention due to how the OP and thread were structured. we basically gave up on it.

the Latin America thread has become the de facto catch all and is generally better mostly because it doesn’t have the same baggage.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Lightning Knight posted:

it was gassed because none of us enjoyed dealing with it anymore and it was generating a disproportionate number of reports. it also was very old and had a baseline bias towards people who support intervention due to how the OP and thread were structured. we basically gave up on it.

the Latin America thread has become the de facto catch all and is generally better mostly because it doesn’t have the same baggage.

it doesn't help that PPJ was clearly unwilling to do what needed to be done to fix the thread. a disproportionate amount of reports came from the pro-intervention side, and PPJ would even baby them by doing stuff like giving me a month probe for not taking a strong stance on what exactly is happening in venezuela thanks to it literally being the subject of american regime change and propaganda efforts

reversal of fortune probations would work very well when you have a pissy old-guard that tries to keep debate out of their spaces via report spamming, but that would involve not coddling a stagnant community in D&D and so PPJ shrugged and gave in to the worst parts of D&D

Condiv has issued a correction as of 14:35 on Jan 24, 2020

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
one advantage to having a catchall LA thread is now if you make comparisons between venezuela and other countries in the region, or refer to the region's history overall, you don't get instaprobed for going off-topic

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

vyelkin posted:

one advantage to having a catchall LA thread is now if you make comparisons between venezuela and other countries in the region, or refer to the region's history overall, you don't get instaprobed for going off-topic

yeah that was massive bullshit as well. when the specter of american regime change is hanging over the country and you limit discussion of said regime change to only venezuelan examples, you give the interventionist side a massive advantage in the debate

that and people were allowed to make contentless shitposts like "read the OP :rolleyes:" to crush all debate

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Condiv posted:

it doesn't help that PPJ was clearly unwilling to do what needed to be done to fix the thread. a disproportionate amount of reports came from the pro-intervention side, and PPJ would even baby them by doing stuff like giving me a month probe for not taking a strong stance on what exactly is happening in venezuela thanks to it literally being the subject of american regime change and propaganda efforts

reversal of fortune probations would work very well when you have a pissy old-guard that tries to keep debate out of their spaces via report spamming, but that would involve not coddling a stagnant community in D&D and so PPJ shrugged and gave in to the worst parts of D&D

I blessedly no longer give a poo poo about this topic because I don’t have to make decisions about it anymore!

but I actually do agree that it could’ve been handled better and this topic specifically generated a lot of discussion with the new mods as a learning experience to do better from.

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

I don't buy this.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Condiv posted:

it's not just PPJ. d&d moderation has always been like this.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the venezuela thread taught me that a bunch of people had just learned the word "tankie" and were thrilled to be tossing it out at anyone they disagreed with.

although I think I only got called tankie in CanPol lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Dreylad posted:

the venezuela thread taught me that a bunch of people had just learned the word "tankie" and were thrilled to be tossing it out at anyone they disagreed with.

although I think I only got called tankie in CanPol lol

i once got called a tankie genocide denier in canpol lmao

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

vyelkin posted:

i once got called a tankie genocide denier in canpol lmao

:hfive:

was it holodomor related or something else

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Dreylad posted:

:hfive:

was it holodomor related or something else

yeah it was holodomor related, i mentioned that there's historiographical debate over intentionality and that was all it took

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

vyelkin posted:

yeah it was holodomor related, i mentioned that there's historiographical debate over intentionality and that was all it took

I think people are genuinely upset to hear that historians argue all the time and history isn't as stable and unchanging as they want it to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Dreylad posted:

I think people are genuinely upset to hear that historians argue all the time and history isn't as stable and unchanging as they want it to be

Yeah people who aren't foolish enough to do history academia like you and me don't really get that history is just a bunch of overeducated people arguing with each other until they retire and their students keep the arguments going instead